Why Do the Bills Need a New Stadium ??

T master

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

The NFL is in bed with Ticketmaster. They get a cut from those sales. 

Admittedly ignorant question II: ticketmaster runs stubhub? If so, I had no idea. What about the other secondary sites that seem to have the same tickets?

16 minutes ago, SinceThe70s said:

Admittedly ignorant question II: ticketmaster runs stubhub? If so, I had no idea. What about the other secondary sites that seem to have the same tickets?

No, stubhub is owned by eBay . The NFL gets no cut from stub hub ticket resales. Nor the vast majority of other sites. As for the Green Bay packers thing, they are permanently grandfathered into the NFL as a community owned team ( stock was sold etc) which has since been outlawed in the NFL bylaws. It’s airtight and permanent for the Packers franchise though. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big C said:

Missed the first 8 pages of conversation. Just agreeing with the OP. 

And if we do get a new stadium... it better not be a dome. Even a retractable one. Snow games always and forever.

I don’t think an open air stadium would make a ton of sense. Wouldn’t give much in terms of added pricing power. Doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen, but if it did it would be for reasons other than money. 

12 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

No, it’s because Lansdowne Street runs directly behind the wall, and it’s a major thoroughfare with bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. 

giphy.gif

Thanks. I don't even remember posting that last night either. 

alcohol-gif-5.gif

15 hours ago, jimmy10 said:

No, it’s because Lansdowne Street runs directly behind the wall, and it’s a major thoroughfare with bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. 

In fact the Sox had to get a variance from the city to build the Monster seating section because it literally hangs over Lansdowne St. That's how close it is.

9 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Nothing stops sellers from posting their tickets on multiple sites.

9 hours ago, Big C said:

Missed the first 8 pages of conversation. Just agreeing with the OP. 

And if we do get a new stadium... it better not be a dome. Even a retractable one. Snow games always and forever.

Be prepared to be disappointed. The Bills won't build a new open air stadium. They would renovate NEF first. Anything new will have a roof.

15 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Never mind the fact, that the $140 million upgrade was a totally crappy job, and some people pocketed a LOT of dough. (Limestone boulders, instead of reinforced concrete, for 'security' around Abbott Rd.????)

The current stadium was great before the 'upgrade', and continues to be, in my opinion.

'New' is not necessarily 'better'. If PSL's become a reality in a new stadium, then I will take my final leave.....

Jersey Barriers are so much better looking.

Here’s a conspiracy theory thought....the NFL surely knows that Buffalo and it’s citizens would not be able to afford a new stadium with all its PSL’s...could it be that they are trying to “force the team’s hand” to potentially bankrupt them and finally get an owner to move the team to a larger metropolitan area? I mean, the owners aren’t stupid, and all they care about is money- not the Bills...why should anyone believe a word they say?

26 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Here’s a conspiracy theory thought....the NFL surely knows that Buffalo and it’s citizens would not be able to afford a new stadium with all its PSL’s...could it be that they are trying to “force the team’s hand” to potentially bankrupt them and finally get an owner to move the team to a larger metropolitan area? I mean, the owners aren’t stupid, and all they care about is money- not the Bills...why should anyone believe a word they say?

The intentions of Kraft and Jones are one thing but the actions of the Pegula's can be another.  The ultimate fate of the Bills has not been decided.  If the NFL gave the Vikings nearly 15 years to come up with a solution then I don't think the Bills are at the gallows quite yet.  It would be nice to have this all sorted out by the beginning of the work week which is tomorrow but I think that everybody knows this is going to take at least some time.  

2 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

...realistically, ANY attempt at that would be tied up in years of litigation.....Pegula wouldn't go away quietly......and I'm sure the NFL would welcome MORE negative publicity.....

13 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

I don’t think an open air stadium would make a ton of sense. Wouldn’t give much in terms of added pricing power. Doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen, but if it did it would be for reasons other than money. 

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Be prepared to be disappointed. The Bills won't build a new open air stadium. They would renovate NEF first. Anything new will have a roof.

You're both totally right. I'm just going to miss the occasional snow games. 

23 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

And you advocate plagiarism which was reported and removed.

Dude - please put down the bong.

Edited by Irv

I covered this in my thread a few months ago the link is here:

The cost for a new stadium vs a renovation of the Ralph is very similar with the renovation cost nearing $500 million off recent estimates. For that price your pretty close to a new stadium if they choose to want one and its a valid thing to consider when that time especially considering how much the Pegula's have invested in downtown.

What I said in no way reflects my personal opinion for or against a stadium it just simply is the numbers and what has been reported.

13 minutes ago, corta765 said:

I covered this in my thread a few months ago the link is here:

The cost for a new stadium vs a renovation of the Ralph is very similar with the renovation cost nearing $500 million off recent estimates. For that price your pretty close to a new stadium if they choose to want one and its a valid thing to consider when that time especially considering how much the Pegula's have invested in downtown.

What I said in no way reflects my personal opinion for or against a stadium it just simply is the numbers and what has been reported.

You also would have to add on the extensive work that would be needed downtown with land acquisition, demolition, infrastructure, impact studies, etc.  

A new building on the current 'campus' would be much cheaper than downtown.

Edited by May Day 10

10 minutes ago, May Day 10 said:

You also would have to add on the extensive work that would be needed downtown with land acquisition, demolition, infrastructure, impact studies, etc.  

It has been opined that the necessary eminent domain, highway modifications, etc. could run in the range of 100M to make Pegulaville ready to accommodate an NFL stadium and the related traffic.  That is more than chump change and would make for a nicer modification in OP or if they do like in the Meadowlands and build new next door to NEF its a nice contribution to a new facility.

I think of you are getting out ahead of things. The first hurdle was to change ownership, which is now done and went smoothly. Now they turn their focus to the Facilities. They did some of that with the recent upgrades so they bought themselves a few years. A new stadium is coming at some point but I don’t think it’s a pressing issue. With that said, these things take years so I’m certain that the City/County/State and the Bills are working on it. 

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

Much cheaper is a relative thing. The cost is around $500 million for Reno vs a new which could be the same potentially or in the $600-700 million range. Neither situation is cheap straight up. It's going to be a massive investment in either scenario and for the team, region, politicians, etc.. its a valid question to ask whether to rebuild or go new when the costs are massively different. The studies have been done on locations a few years ago.

I get that your one of the fans which things are perfect and if for eternity things never changed for Bills stadium you would be fine with that. There however are many who are not that way and wayy more forces then just us fans at play that will dictate will the Bills play. If you don't think the city of Buffalo would love to take in the tax revenue that Orchard Park gets plus the general aura/prestige of having the team downtown your dead wrong. Doesn't mean there going back either, but the grand picture is massive.