Lamar Jackson - Rough Debut

H2o

18 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Well at least they got the best WR in this draft as soon as he decides he isn't a QB

His legs will be more of a threat when he becomes a consistent threat to throw.

...that "wait" sounds eerily familiar.................

5 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I know that we are all interested in seeing how the rookie QBs look, but remember it is HARD to play QB in the NFL.  There is a learning curve and it isn't prudent to give up on a young QB early.  Troy Aikman had a very good career, in in his first 3 NFL seasons combined he threw 31 TDs and 46 INTS.  For some (most) of these guys it takes some time.

But Aikman also was playing on some bad teams, especially in his rookie year.

What's important to also remember is that he showed plenty of signs that he could do it, right from the beginning...even with INTs and mistakes made along the way.  

We need to be able to distinguish the guy who has it but is learning and making mistakes from the guy who doesn't have it and never will.

Those are 2 different things and they look different, even in preseason football games.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

But Aikman also was playing on some bad teams, especially in his rookie year.

What's important to also remember is that he showed plenty of signs that he could do it, right from the beginning...even with INTs and mistakes made along the way.  

We need to be able to distinguish the guy who has it but is learning and making mistakes from the guy who doesn't have it and never will.

Those are 2 different things and they look different, even in preseason football games.

Yes, he showed size and a good arm.  That’s what Josh Allen will show as well.  My only point was to have some patience- and that the patience should last more than a few games - and even multiple seasons.

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...that "wait" sounds eerily familiar.................

Only time will tell.  When I have listened to him he doesn't seem to be the most intelligent person.  I just don't see it coming together for him.  If it does then watch out because he'll light the score board up.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:52 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Yeah I agree Kevin White has a been a huge disappointment due to injury. Has he even played? I honestly don’t know.

What about Dorial Green Beckham. Wasnt he supposed to be a big deal had it not been for off field issue?

16 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

What about Dorial Green Beckham. Wasnt he supposed to be a big deal had it not been for off field issue?

He was a HS phenom who didn’t even put it together in college... I highly doubted that he would be able to flip the switch and get it done in the pros

Phsically gifted to a crazy degree though 

I don't know why people are so surprised... Most had Jackson down as a project the instant he declared for the draft...

A least now we know he's a long-term project for BAL... Hopefully he can make himself useful in the meantime.

On 8/3/2018 at 10:30 AM, JP's Voice said:

I was really impressed with Chicago's receivers in the second half.

Demarcus Ayers and Javon Wims were both impressive. Wish we had them both on our team.

3 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

He was a HS phenom who didn’t even put it together in college... I highly doubted that he would be able to flip the switch and get it done in the pros

Phsically gifted to a crazy degree though 

I LOVE NCAA  but I missed him completely in college. His hype had me intrigued. I just remember the hype of this huge human who can take over a game

17 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

I LOVE NCAA  but I missed him completely in college. His hype had me intrigued. I just remember the hype of this huge human who can take over a game

He started off ok at Missouri... his sophomore season showed flashes of his potential...

around 60 catches for over 880 yards and like 12 TDs

but he just wasn’t committed on and off the field  and never played for Oklahoma when he transferred there

at 6’6 230 pounds and running a 4.49 I can see the intrigue for sure... its a shame, he could have been Moss/Megatron like

I read the recap on a Baltimore website. As soon as I saw Lamar electrified the crowd with a couple of scrambles for 5 yards, my first thought was "I wonder who was open".

Good luck Ravens fans watching Tony Romo circle the guys who were open....ahh such fond memories.

2 minutes ago, The Process said:

I read the recap on a Baltimore website. As soon as I saw Lamar electrified the crowd with a couple of scrambles for 5 yards, my first thought was "I wonder who was open".

Good luck Ravens fans watching Tony Romo circle the guys who were open....ahh such fond memories.

There was one play that will decide Lamar's future in the league.    He made his usual moves to avoid pressure in the pocket, and if he looked upfield there was an open receiver for at least a 10 yard gain.   Instead he pulled the ball down for a gain of few yards.  

If he grows to see the full potential of his game, he'll be great.  If not, then he'll join a far greater list.  

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
23 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

It's the end of football as we know it.  They already started preparing us for the change to flag football.

Vince McMahon is licking is chops.

He was just on the NFL network a little while ago. Seems like a good kid but also seems extremely unintelligent. It could of also been nerves too. I did hear he didnt do so well on the Wunderlick. It may take some time for him to develop if he does at all.

• 3 weeks later...