"Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Placed on IR by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Only according to the experts here at TBD.  Such production. Much durability.  #1 receiver. JMatt.  Wow.

The ironing is delicious. 

Well, Sammys numbers didnt impress last year either

Too bad just the same for the poor kid.

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Agreed. Might be in his future, but he's a little young for retirement. 

He is young but 3 consecutive injuries with 3 different teams....

If he's let go by the Pats...not sure how much of a chance he has with other teams.  He struggled to get much in this market before this latest injury.

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He is young but 3 consecutive injuries with 3 different teams....

If he's let go by the Pats...not sure how much of a chance he has with other teams.  He struggled to get much in this market before this latest injury.

He'll comeback for another 1-year veteran minimum deal in an attempt to show he can still be effective.   He just turned 26 in July.

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Well, Sammys numbers didnt impress last year either

Too bad just the same for the poor kid.

Sammy just signed a deal to be one the highest paid WRs in the league and JMatt's career is on life support and the only thing that surprises me about this situation is Sammy signed for $16 million when I figured he'd get $12 MM - $14MM.

10 minutes ago, TPS said:

While I'm sure you're being facetious, Reilly fits the Pats WR type, so I would not be surprised to see that happen, if he doesn't make the team.

My tongue was firmly in cheek, but yes, Reilly would be a Patriot faster than you can say "Pats cheat."

• Thank you (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well Decker is a definite lock!!! But yeah, MAtthews would have fit in well there.  He’s a good route runner. 

I'm sure all the women in the area will love that after his wife's comments about his package size...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SouthNYfan said:

I love the "number 1" sarcasm.

The dude might not make the roster because of a serious hammy injury.

Not because he sucks.

Can't be useful if you can't play though.

And if he's healthy he's battling for #3 WR duties. 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

And if he's healthy he's battling for #3 WR duties. 

He was competing with Hogan and cordarelle Patterson for the top outside receiver.

Technically Edelman is slot and gronk is te, but yes, they would be the #1-2 guys with Hogan/Jordan/Patterson getting third on the priority list.

Cooks was basically their #3 last year also.

Matthews is a solid receiver, so let's stop acting like he's garbage because he was hurt a lot here.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to "Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Reportedly Released by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury
1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Only according to the experts here at TBD.  Such production. Much durability.  #1 receiver. JMatt.  Wow.

The ironing is delicious. 

I still remember the masses tearing saying Matthews will be better because he will be available and you can count on him to not get injured.

Boy, was that fun. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Makes me wonder, with someone like him, if he should think about taking a year off to rest and heal up the  come back next year? I wonder if that would be better or worse? I would think if he kept training it would be better but I just wonder if being out of the game for a year would make him more likely to get hurt?

Jesus... when he got to buffalo the whole thing was at least he’s reliable unlike watkins. Since then Matthews has had 2 major injuries and Watkins has had none. I guess a lot of the time it just boils down to bad luck. Which is why I still hope our decision to move watkins wasn’t only based on lack of availability. Especially since he had clearly recovered from the foot thing. What’s done is done I guess, but still kinda funny that Matthews became watkins after all

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, TPS said:

While I'm sure you're being facetious, Reilly fits the Pats WR type, so I would not be surprised to see that happen, if he doesn't make the team.

They can have Reilly and Proehl.

• Sad 1