"Number 1" WR Jordan Matthews Placed on IR by the Patriots - Serious Hamstring Injury

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Poor guy was better than Sammy before the start of last season.

honestly, he would be a solid 3 if he could stay healthy.  I thought he could have made that team if healthy.

He would have made that squad easily. Britt is also still nursing his hamstring from minicamp. They are looking at Decker.

Just now, Commonsense said:

He would have made that squad easily. Britt is also still nursing his hamstring from minicamp. They are looking at Decker.

Well Decker is a definite lock!!! But yeah, MAtthews would have fit in well there.  He’s a good route runner. 

4 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Zolak speculating that it’s a torn hamstring and an injury settlement might be in the works. Sucks for Jordan but good for Bills fans.

I am not sure.... think it hurts the comp pick formula! He didn't qualify purely on contract but he was the one guy who might have hit the performance qualification that moved him up into a qualifying position.  

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

Well Decker is a definite lock!!! But yeah, MAtthews would have fit in well there.  He’s a good route runner. 

Yeah a healthy Matthews would have been a threat in that offense. Decker might be able to provide them enough until Edelman gets back. 

Just now, Commonsense said:

Yeah a healthy Matthews would have been a threat in that offense. Decker might be able to provide them enough until Edelman gets back. 

As much as I hate on the Bills wrs, the Pats aren’t much better. It’s crazy how Brady elevates such average at best talent. I do think Hogan could have a big year (fantasy sleeper).

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

As much as I hate on the Bills wrs, the Pats aren’t much better. It’s crazy how Brady elevates such average at best talent. I do think Hogan could have a big year (fantasy sleeper).

Bleh I try not to touch Patriots in fantasy, I don’t think I have ever used one.

Yeah their WRs are pretty bad, sorry not sorry I’m glad I won’t have to watch Matthews on that team. 

19 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I had Hogan on my team last year too.  You have to pick he matchups carefully, because the Pats very much use him as their vertical game so you need to pick games where teams are gonna try and play close to the line and disrupt the legal picks and rubs.  In those games they use Hogan over the top (sneaky speed) to open it up. 

32 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Poor guy was better than Sammy before the start of last season.

honestly, he would be a solid 3 if he could stay healthy.  I thought he could have made that team if healthy.

Only according to the experts here at TBD.  Such production. Much durability.  #1 receiver. JMatt.  Wow.

The ironing is delicious. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I had Hogan on my team last year too.  You have to pick he matchups carefully, because the Pats very much use him as their vertical game so you need to pick games where teams are gonna try and play close to the line and disrupt the legal picks and rubs.  In those games they use Hogan over the top (sneaky speed) to open it up. 

You’re right that it is so hard to trust the Pats in fantasy.  My thoughts on Hogan are that they lost so many wrs (Cooks, Danny A, Little Julian for 4 games, possibly Mitchell) so Hogan will be the guy Brady has the most trust in, which he values a lot.  

16 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I'll have to revise my Patriots prediction to 19-0.

Expect Belichick to sign all the Bills WR cuts.

While I'm sure you're being facetious, Reilly fits the Pats WR type, so I would not be surprised to see that happen, if he doesn't make the team.