Jason LaCanfora and Peter King reports from Bills camp

52 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I didn't read it but there was only one thing I sort of agreed with, and he pulled that one thing out of his ass, and when he talked about x he assumed y was a fact when it was an opinion and that 4th or 5th thing was just flat wrong. 

Care to elucidate?  (As it stands, this post is giving me algebra flashbacks - not that there's anything wrong with that....)

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, H2o said:

From most accounts I've read on here I thought Allen had been the best of the 3 QB's. His article said Allen is struggling. Which on is it?

The first three practices he may have been. But Allen hasn't performed all that well the last two practices. And both McCarron and Peterman have stepped their games up. McCarron especially.

Allen should redshirt for at least the first four games. Probably the first eight or maybe even nearly the entire season like Pat Mahomes last year.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Care to elucidate?  (As it stands, this post is giving me algebra flashbacks - not that there's anything wrong with that....)

Don't really know what to elucidate on, I didn't read the article and stated that I didn't read the article.

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

Yeah, that looks like a place King would be comfortable....

ShortsBar-Barstools.jpg

I've been going to that bar for 25 years and have never seen it with actual light adorning the place. Looks slightly less ****ty.

In general, a pretty good analysis. Like others, I think he was overdramatic about the center position. On the other hand, I'm wondering how this thread went two pages without someone pointing out this comment:

"Vlad Ducasse is a solid starter..."

Edited by WhoTom

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He was the author of the St Doug story. i always thought there was a mole on staff feeding him stories to make Marrone, Whaley, Rex look bad and now that guy has been gone so he’s not getting the dirt 

"Hey don't look at me! lol"

B9317993548Z.1_20150723175721_000_GSCBDA

2 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

"Vlad Ducasse is a solid starter..."

giphy.gif

2 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Not a fan of LaCanfora; his predictions and insider tips are generally wrong.  But this was a pretty fair review of things.

Exactly what I was thinking.  The guy can write an informed,  balanced article.  But, too often he relies on sources who have no idea what they're talking about.  

6 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

OMG OMG did you see the film clip after that - Peter King trivia with Kyle Williams?  Hysterical.  You can just see how fierce a competitor KW is. 

Funniest KW video since his swim competition with Marshawn Lynch - "must see TV" if any of you missed it

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, H2o said:

From most accounts I've read on here I thought Allen had been the best of the 3 QB's. His article said Allen is struggling. Which on is it?

Highest upside raw skill-wise but still lacking complete command. Not ready to start. Basically what's been said since Day 1. Patience.

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OMG OMG did you see the film clip after that - Peter King trivia with Kyle Williams?  Hysterical.  You can just see how fierce a competitor KW is. 

Funniest KW video since his swim competition with Marshawn Lynch - "must see TV" if any of you missed it

I agree with Kyle and Allen about the wings. Every year I come up for home opener and day before the game day  I look forward to those wings.

The Bills 2nd 1st round pick speaks volumes on the Allen starting year 1 question.

If they wanted Allen to start right away they probably would have taken Ridley. But they went D instead.  Makes me think it's a red shirt year for Josh. Trust the Process. What's the hurry? He ain't going nowhere.

If Allen can't hit those short, move-the-chains passes, I doubt that he gets a start.

A lot of 3 and outs are an ugly stat.

I think McDermott knows that the D can be very good and keep us in games, as long as they are fresh.

3 minutes ago, hemma said:

If Allen can't hit those short, move-the-chains passes, I doubt that he gets a start.

A lot of 3 and outs are an ugly stat.

I think McDermott knows that the D can be very good and keep us in games, as long as they are fresh.

I've had that thought myself.  I don't think Allen starts until he can reliably perform the QB equivalent of basketball "gotta hit the bunnies"

4 minutes ago, hemma said:

I am so with you here. I'm going to be watching those short throws in pre season. If he is indeed having trouble with them as reported, he has no bidness anywhere near the field until he can.NFL is passing league and most of them are short.