Early indications: The Bills will actually have a modern offense ?!

Logic

27 minutes ago, Logic said:

Here's the thing: It is possible to scheme up inferior offensive talent and get production out of them.

Everyone knows the Bills offense lacks playmakers. With creative offensive playcalling, though, the likes of which Daboll is already demonstrating in camp, you can scheme guys open. Players like McCloud, Foster, Dupre, and Reilly are making plays in camp against a good defense because the playcalls are creative, the formations are put together with intent to create mismatches, and the playmakers we DO have (McCoy, Benjamin, Clay) are being moved around the formation.

So anyone who says "Schemes don't matter, its all about execution!"...I disagree. I think schemes DEFINITELY matter. I think you're going to see the Bills offense improve from last year not based on upgraded talent, but based on creative playcalling and exploitation of mismatches. That's Daboll.

I'm cautiously optimistic about anything offense-related when it comes to the Bills, but this is the most excited I've been about the offense in a while.  

Most of us remember how Chan was able to consistently put up a decent offense despite having some of the worst offensive talent in the league to work with.  Scheming success is possible to do, but only a few coordinators can do it.  Let's hope Daboll is one of them.  

Edited by Capco
  • Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Actually, he is. Has been for 9 years now and the Bills are employing him in this capacity.

in other words, Calm Down.

9 years huh ?
seems like just two.
But my math is fuzzy  : )

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

Your take was terrible.

What dumb ass was happy with Nates performance against SD because it wasn't Tyrod besides you? 

And as Kirby said, the Bills had the PERSONNEL which includes Tyrod, to run this system the past few years and didn't. 

No Scott your take is what’s terrible.  

Let me use your words.  What dumbass says I was happy with the Chargers game?

What I was saying is -  3 to 5 steps and release.  

What a pleasure it will be to see an actual offense not affraild to pass the damn ball.  

9 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

9 years huh ?
seems like just two.
But my math is fuzzy  : )

High school and college.  8 years at least. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

No Scott your take is what’s terrible.  

Let me use your words.  What dumbass says I was happy with the Chargers game?

What I was saying is -  3 to 5 steps and release.  

What a pleasure it will be to see an actual offense not affraild to pass the damn ball.  

High school and college.  8 years at least. 

MmmHmm... i know that Bud.

NFL QB ? two years. and no one can take that away from him. if you get drafted or even udfa and are on a roster you are and NFL quality player.  .

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Seeing reports from camp so far of the Bills' offense featuring multiple RPOs, sprintouts, triple option looks, ample pre-snap motion, empty sets out of 21 personnel, formations that force mismatches...

Could it be that for the first time in what feels like, I dunno...20 years or so...the Buffalo Bills could actually run a modern NFL offense?!

I know, I know, it seems impossible. But I am absolutely LOVING what I'm hearing/seeing so far in terms of formations, concepts, and personnel. Very encouraging!

It will take forever for Madden to catch up the change in the O.

...and I am not trying to be sarcastic.  As a fan it gets annoying.

24 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

MmmHmm... i know that Bud.

NFL QB ? two years. and no one can take that away from him. if you get drafted or even udfa and are on a roster you are and NFL quality player.  .

As a pro 1 year obviously.   

I was was just trying to make the math work. 

For thr Nate haters 

Yes Nate failed miserably in the Chargers game but beyond that 

to say he isn’t a QB in the NFL is 1000% incorrect.  

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

As a pro 1 year obviously.   

I was was just trying to make the math work. 

For thr Nate haters 

Yes Nate failed miserably in the Chargers game but beyond that 

to say he isn’t a QB in the NFL is 1000% incorrect.  

Is it @GunnerBill

There is a chance that Nate is out of the league this year. I don’t think that it is likely but there is a chance. There’s a real chance that he is out after this year. Guys like him come and go in this league all of the time. Guys like Zac Dysert, Garrett Grayson, Jake Rudock, Keith Wenning, Taj Gibson, Garrett Gilbert, etc... Late round QBs don’t last long. If they don’t show signs teams get another guy in that can. If Peterman is the 3rd QB this year he won’t be on the roster in 2019. There’s won’t be a line of teams looking to add him either. Those teams will take their own guy late in the draft. That’s the way it works.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Is it @GunnerBill

There is a chance that Nate is out of the league this year. I don’t think that it is likely but there is a chance. There’s a real chance that he is out after this year. Guys like him come and go in this league all of the time. Guys like Zac Dysert, Garrett Grayson, Jake Rudock, Keith Wenning, Taj Gibson, Garrett Gilbert, etc... Late round QBs don’t last long. If they don’t show signs teams get another guy in that can. If Peterman is the 3rd QB this year he won’t be on the roster in 2019. There’s won’t be a line of teams looking to add him either. Those teams will take their own guy late in the draft. That’s the way it works.

No my comment was not directed at gunner (well at least in this thread). 

People said EJ would be out of the league too  so........  

Ya never know

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Seeing reports from camp so far of the Bills' offense featuring multiple RPOs, sprintouts, triple option looks, ample pre-snap motion, empty sets out of 21 personnel, formations that force mismatches...

Could it be that for the first time in what feels like, I dunno...20 years or so...the Buffalo Bills could actually run a modern NFL offense?!

I know, I know, it seems impossible. But I am absolutely LOVING what I'm hearing/seeing so far in terms of formations, concepts, and personnel. Very encouraging!

We will see. We heard similar from the Nate Hackett era, for instance, among several others.