Harrison Phillips already standing out

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

No I think he was 19 when he was drafted 

oh ok i thought he was 20 when drafted and turned  21 but if he was 19 and turned 20.  How did i get that wrong, it's like saying I don't know who O'Leary's uncle is. 

The Pancho Billa pick. I hope he's HOF!!

12 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I have no idea how this dude lasted until the mid 3rd round!!!!

LAST pick of the 3rd round (before supplementals).

The Pancho Billa pick!  Hope he's HOF!

Edited by reddogblitz

4 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

Pressure up front, ballhawks on the back, and a 6'5 255lb MLB who runs a 4.5 40.   

Can't wait to see that MLB matched up with Gronk.  He's one of the few guys in the league who has the size and speed to go toe to toe with him.  I also hope he has a mean streak in him and reminds Gronk what goes around comes around.

I’m SO excited to see this defense. The optimist in me would be thrilled to know that we may get a chance to see them for as much as 40-45 minutes a game.  YAY!  ?

Then there’s the rest of me.....

3 hours ago, Soda Popinski said:

oh ok i thought he was 20 when drafted and turned  21 but if he was 19 and turned 20.  How did i get that wrong, it's like saying I don't know who O'Leary's uncle is. 

When I was 20, I was eating cold pizza for breakfast and retrieving every bottle/can from my last party so I can recycle it for beer money.

Tremaine is running an NFL defense.

Where did I go wrong?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

When I was 20, I was eating cold pizza for breakfast and retrieving every bottle/can from my last party so I can recycle it for beer money.

Where did I go wrong?

Originally? That’s really hard to say. At some point you should have grown to be a giant who runs like a deer and hits like a truck. More recently, maybe skip that trip to Chick-fil-A.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

The Pancho Billa pick. I hope he's HOF!!

LAST pick of the 3rd round (before supplementals).

The Pancho Billa pick!  Hope he's HOF!

I think he graded late 2nd/early 3rd also.  Along with getting Edmonds I like what they did, on defense at least.

Not a rip at the offensive players but the defense should be covered is all I'm saying.

Edited by The Wiz

7 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

The defense is very strong up the middle with the additions of Star and Phillips as well as the returning of Kyle in more of a rotational capacity, even Washington or John Hughes as a 4th option is decent depth. The team is also very strong in the secondary (Although the depth there concerns me greatly) and more importantly the secondary is very well coached. The Linebacker core is also solid with Edumonds and Milano but depth is a concern. 

The defenses fortunes will rest on its biggest question mark and that's the pass rush. Hughes, Shaq, Lorax and Murphy all could be good or they could all be busts. If the Bills can get 2 of them to pan out I think the defense will be a top 10 unit. Unfortunately I think that the offense could be a bottom 5 unit. Still I like the direction the team is headed in, good defense with young pieces in place, a young high upside QB in place on offense, a good LT in Dawkins to build the O-line around and a lot of cap flexibility coming up.

and you had to bring up the Offense? you were on a roll till then : )
I think the rotation will be pretty darned impressive. they just added Hughes and earlier Keenan as a versatile skilled LB if healthy.
I have more trouble finding issue with the Defense , the more i consider it over time and acquisition + releases.
I see solid, strong. Consistent ?

that is yet to be earned.
But hell if i will predict where they will grade out. That's just wishful or negative thinking at this point.
Hope is good though. And i get a feeling Phillips is going to be a Bill for awhile. Learning curves included.
like i said

Nice rotation on that line in house

7 hours ago, Virgil said:

I’ll be curious to see him up against not one of the worst offensive lines in the league 

You mean the Bills Offense ?  lol

46 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Where did I go wrong?

same place many of us did.

poor parenting.

: )

36 minutes ago, Augie said:

Originally? That’s really hard to say. At some point you should have grown to be a giant who runs like a deer and hits like a truck. More recently, maybe skip that trip to Chick-fil-A.

shoulda ate his Green Giant branded Green beanes coming up of course.

Down in the Valley of the Jolly Green Giant ... Ho Ho Ho

again

parenting

Edited by 3rdand12

38 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I think he graded late 2nd/early 3rd also.  Along with getting Edmonds I like what they did, on defense at least.

Not a rip at the offensive players but the defense should be covered is all I'm saying.

I bet they are The Wiz. Beanes really has spoiled Little Sean and gave/ is giving him gifts. Defense should be respectable or better, or much better !
its the O that had to wait another year.

Maybe Beanes will like Daboll and begin to give him what he feels he need next draft and offseason.

Harrison was dropping i thought ( not sure ) but when he was picked, i did some research , and felt they might have stolen him nearly !

The more i looked at his story the more i loved this kid.
 The fact that he is direct under  studying to Kyle make him that much more of a player to cheer for. For Me anyways.

Penetrating DT. sound familiar ?

and run game?

He now has Edmunds behind him   lol

8 hours ago, frostbitmic said:

I read that he was attached to Kyle Williams hip last night, he couldn't pick a better guy to learn from... Stanford players are smart.

Seriously, man, how valuable is that he gets at least one year in with Williams.

no question mark, because it was a fact.