So the Pittsburgh local sports radio says we start 0-8... But sums it up for Bills fans

The guy put it to the sky...

A 0-8 start and a 2 or 3 win season....  Why be mad Buffalo....?????

The guy said TANK IT....

That would give us the top 3 pic and we are looking right at 68 million under the cap...  We got our QB of the future and a very young D man who may be a game changer...

So I checked out some prospects for 2019 draft day...

Most draft sights got us from 2 to 4 with Miami having the #1 pick and got us taking Oliver....

In 2017, Oliver had 73 tackles with 16.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, three passes batted and two forced fumbles. The 6-foot-1, 290-pounder dominated at the point of attack in 2016, starting from his debut game against Oklahoma. All season, the freshman overwhelmed offensive linemen with his quickness, athletic ability, and physicality. He totaled 66 tackles with 22.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and nine passes batted on the year. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php#ixzz5MC0ck9Hn

A guy like Oliver is not a difference maker on an otherwise bad team, or team without a QB.

You say we have our QB of the future.  Do we?  What's his name?

You don't mean Allen do you?  Jury is out on him, big time.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

A guy like Oliver is not a difference maker on an otherwise bad team, or team without a QB.

You say we have our QB of the future.  Do we?  What's his name?

You don't mean Allen do you?  Jury is out on him, big time.

When will the crusade fade?

1 hour ago, teef said:

i'm willing to be this team can sneak out a win or two in the first 8 games.  call me crazy.

As I mentioned in another post, I can see them starting the season 3-3. Balt, SD and Tenn.

The Bills as of recent years seem to start off better than most pundits think.

First 7 games last 4 seasons: 2014/ 4-3,  2015/ 3-4,  2016/4-3,   2017/ 5-2

Edited by billsbackto81
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, billsbackto81 said:

As I mentioned in another post, I can see them starting the season 3-3. Balt, SD and Tenn.

The Bills as of recent years seem to start off better than most pundits think.

First 7 games last 4 seasons: 2014/ 3-4,  2015/ 3-4,  2016/4-3,   2017/ 5-2

those games are winnable.  and who knows...maybe one of the "sure losses" such as texas or minny stumble a bit this year, and the bills steal one of those.  I can't imagine anyone really thought the bills would win in atlanta last year.  i sure didn't.

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, mellaman101 said:

The guy put it to the sky...

A 0-8 start and a 2 or 3 win season....  Why be mad Buffalo....?????

The guy said TANK IT....

That would give us the top 3 pic and we are looking right at 68 million under the cap...  We got our QB of the future and a very young D man who may be a game changer...

So I checked out some prospects for 2019 draft day...

Most draft sights got us from 2 to 4 with Miami having the #1 pick and got us taking Oliver....

In 2017, Oliver had 73 tackles with 16.5 tackles for a loss, 5.5 sacks, three passes batted and two forced fumbles. The 6-foot-1, 290-pounder dominated at the point of attack in 2016, starting from his debut game against Oklahoma. All season, the freshman overwhelmed offensive linemen with his quickness, athletic ability, and physicality. He totaled 66 tackles with 22.5 tackles for a loss, five sacks, three forced fumbles and nine passes batted on the year. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2019charlie.php#ixzz5MC0ck9Hn

The last time we started 0-8, we finished 4-4, including a game that scared the living pis************* out of Steelers' fans when one dropped pass in the end zone at Pittsburgh (Stevie?) at the end was the only thing that kept us from finishing 5-3.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

What if we win at Baltimore on opening Sunday?  Would the world explode?

it would certainly upset some posters who aren't happy unless they can complain.

• Like (+1) 2

I don't want to lose this season but if we start say 2-6.... I am not sure I want them to desperately try and rescue the season either. The priority if we start off bad is getting some idea what we have in Josh Allen. I think he might get in reasonably early but if we are at something like 2-6 they should put him in and open up the playbook. Don't try and protect him from mistakes by coaching him to be safe let him sling it. 

If the Bills do go 3-13 or 4-12 (think they will be a bit better than that) but Allen has shown some real flashes of being a franchise Quarterback in waiting then I am okay with that as a season because we will be well set to take a big step next year. If we are 7-9 but still have no real idea on Allen because he played a maximum of 1 or 2 games at the end then I think that is worse case scenario. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I don't want to lose this season but if we start say 2-6.... I am not sure I want them to desperately try and rescue the season either. The priority if we start off bad is getting some idea what we have in Josh Allen. I think he might get in reasonably early but if we are at something like 2-6 they should put him in and open up the playbook. Don't try and protect him from mistakes by coaching him to be safe let him sling it. 

If the Bills do go 3-13 or 4-12 (think they will be a bit better than that) but Allen has shown some real flashes of being a franchise Quarterback in waiting then I am okay with that as a season because we will be well set to take a big step next year. If we are 7-9 but still have no real idea on Allen because he played a maximum of 1 or 2 games at the end then I think that is worse case scenario. 

what do you define as "rescuing" if they come out swinging to a 2-6 start?

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I've said before, I'll say again - I think there's a reason Beane fought so hard to keep our 2019 draft board intact.

It's not 'cause he thinks we're a sho-in to draft in the bottom half of the 1st round again.

I'm not saying they intend to tank, I'm just saying he knows a lot of things have to fall our way for us to meet or improve on last year.