Nate Davis: USA Today 2018 Season Projections

Hard to believe we're still giving credence to these guys after how wrong they were last year. (Not just about us mind you, but also about the best team in the NFL)

Also, not sure what "stole every game" means, but this guy probably doesn't watch a ton of football. 

5 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Let me translate:

"Anything that you here coming out of our mouths having to do with the importance of defense, or other facets of football  don't mean diddly.  Your entire worth in our eyes comes down to who your quarterback is and how many TDs and yards he is going to throw.  Everything else is meaningless to us."

I think we are a 5-11 to 7-9 team at best.  However, the castigating of this team over that position (which I would like it to be better, too) and the idea that everything depends upon it is silly.

EDIT:  Picking 2nd overall, though, WOULD be pretty sweet.

The quality of your QB and passing game is pretty much game, set, and match in the NFL these days.

It's still too early to be adamant about our record for 2018 however, one way or the other.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

The quality of your QB and passing game is pretty much game, set, and match in the NFL these days.

It's still too early to be adamant about our record for 2018 however, one way or the other.

When you're looking to weed out from a list of champions, yes.

I disagree when it almost comes down to, in this instance:   worst or questionable QB = worst team.

Indy is only a slight anomaly in this.  They have Luck, but he is a question mark until they see how he comes back...but the team is generally bad at everything.

On paper the Bills appear to have a solid defense a year after making the playoffs (wherein they had the League's best playoff defense), but that gets them to being the 2nd worst team overall in the NFL, regardless of coaching, and a 3-13 finish for only the second time since Reagan's 2nd term?

...I'm not buying it and he shouldn't be selling it.

I will reiterate, no way am I saying playoff runn.  Unlikely on a winning record, too.

3-13?  Preposterous.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

2018 NFL record projections: Will Patriots falter on road to Super Bowl LIII?

It's time to dig into those playbooks and hit the ice baths.

NFL training camps begin opening this week as veterans for the Baltimore Ravens and Chicago Bears officially report for duty. Summer vacation ends for the league's other 30 teams next week.

It won't be long after that until injuries begin to mount, holdouts potentially simmer and flare and other manners of controversy surface. But based on what I know (or think I know) as we embark on the NFL's 99th season, here's my annual prediction of how the season will unfold with record projections for each team based on picking all 256 games, plus a playoff forecast.

AFC EAST

New England Patriots (11-5): Helps when you can count on five or six wins in divisional play. Despite the turnover on offense and Julian Edelman's suspension, hard to believe they won't still cruise to a first-round bye. At minimum.

Miami Dolphins (7-9): Coach Adam Gase says Ryan Tannehill learned a lot by watching while injured in 2017. We'll see. This team looks significantly different on both sides of the ball, which probably means consistent inconsistency.

New York Jets (4-12): They may struggle to replicate last year's surprising total of five wins. But with young talent like Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams, it appears a strong foundation is finally forming.

Buffalo Bills (3-13): They stole several games in 2017 on the way to a feel-good wild-card ride. But the O-line is decimated, the quarterback room in upheaval and a dark cloud looms over Shady McCoy. Maybe rookie Josh Allen provides promising glimpses of the future, but don't expect many.

Did5rj-XcAAzHdY.jpg

So..... A Chargers\Falcons SB eh? Don't see it. I think that the Rams or Vikings come out of the NFC while it is likely the Pats, Jags, or Texans in the AFC. The Chargers are notorious under achievers no matter who has been the coach as are the Chiefs. 

23 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Didn't this guy predict 4-12 last year?

Wow! He must be really dumb!!!

In fact, I don't think that this person, or any other reporter or sportscaster should have the right to say things about the Bills that fails to portray us as super bowl winners. And, this should also apply to fans.

I mean enough is enough, right?

Somewhat lost in his predictions is that he has the Chargers representing the AFC in the Super Bowl and the Rams with the #1 seed in the NFC, so I’m assuming he sees it quite possible that it would be an all Los Angeles Super Bowl. Rams vs Chargers?

4 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

In fact, I don't think that this person, or any other reporter or sportscaster should have the right to say things about the Bills that fails to portray us as super bowl winners. And, this should also apply to fans.

Overact much? 

I think there is no way this happens. Bills will be between 6 and 9 wins like they always are.

He has the Colts only winning 2 games. I think with Luck coming back they have to be better than that.

I respect his projections for the Browns and 49ers. Lots of hype around those two teams, but I don't think they'll be as amazing as everyone seems to think.

I think he has the Jags and Titans with too many wins.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

I think there is no way this happens. Bills will be between 6 and 9 wins like they always are.

He has the Colts only winning 2 games. I think with Luck coming back they have to be better than that.

I respect his projections for the Browns and 49ers. Lots of hype around those two teams, but I don't think they'll be as amazing as everyone seems to think.

I think he has the Jags and Titans with too many wins.

I think the Jags are good.  I really do that defense will win them 6 or 7 games on its own.  The Titans I agree - I like Mike Vrabel but I think that is a team that kind of lacked an identity last year and has some work to do to get back to the playoffs. 

The only way I see the Bills being in 3 win territory is if Peterman starts the whole year. 

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think the Jags are good.  I really do that defense will win them 6 or 7 games on its own.  The Titans I agree - I like Mike Vrabel but I think that is a team that kind of lacked an identity last year and has some work to do to get back to the playoffs. 

The only way I see the Bills being in 3 win territory is if Peterman starts the whole year. 

I think the Jags are good. Just not THAT good. They are still very limited at QB and the rest of the league will be prepared for them this year. I see them getting 10 wins again, but not 12.

Edited by MJS

6 hours ago, Bill from NYC said:

Let him

But we also have the right to talk crap about him....:P