LeSean McCoy allegations

Sooooo... any news or still the status quo?

If there's no real updates and this thread has just been an additional 10 pages of banter since I checked in on Tuesday, Shady will be a full participant at TC and on the roster to start the season until something actually comes out.

I'm fine with the "me too" movement and all because any serious form of abuse of women is reprehensible, but so far this situation is a good argument against it considering how incredibly flimsy it is along with the he said /she said nature of it as it relates to a secondary party, not even the woman who was supposedly abused.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

25 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Sooooo... any news or still the status quo?

If there's no real updates and this thread has just been an additional 10 pages of banter since I checked in on Tuesday, Shady will be a full participant at TC and on the roster to start the season until something actually comes out.

I'm fine with the "me too" movement and all because any serious form of abuse of women is reprehensible, but so far this situation is a good argument against it considering how incredibly flimsy it is along with the he said /she said nature of it as it relates to a secondary party, not even the woman who was supposedly abused.

There has been absolutely nothing from Shady’s side since his denial of involvement and the hiring of the big time lawyer. The other side has yapped, back tracked, and apparently yapped some more likely to the delight of Shady’s lawyer. Thus far nothing connecting him to the crime, and police reports from a year ago where he feared she would try to set him up for DV. 

• Thank you (+1) 4

I still don’t think he is at camp. If he doesn’t get placed on the exempt list I think the team will pull a quickie. Keep working out we know you will be ready for the season. Protecting themselves while pretending to protect the player. 

Still haven’t heard anything about his level of cooperation with the league/PD. Did we even hear anything from his own lawyer about it? We are cooperating 100% to quickly resolve these outlandish claims blah blah..

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Unless some news comes out in the next 3 days, we expect him at SJF, no?

Yes.  And one of the benefits of having hired a high-priced attorney is no one can overly press Shady to discuss the matter - he can say "my story will come out in time, until then, no comment" and refer any objections to his attorney.

14 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

Still haven’t heard anything about his level of cooperation with the league/PD. Did we even hear anything from his own lawyer about it? We are cooperating 100% to quickly resolve these outlandish claims blah blah..

Since the only word from the league is "There's not much that (league leaders) can do until the police get further along," one person familiar with the league's inner workings said. "It's very early in the process" such an announcement would seem a bit premature, so to speak.

23 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I still don’t think he is at camp. If he doesn’t get placed on the exempt list I think the team will pull a quickie. Keep working out we know you will be ready for the season. Protecting themselves while pretending to protect the player. 

Seriously????

There isn't even a case here as far as Shady is concerned right now. If new things are revealed, maybe, but right now the only way Shady is connected to the case is that his tenant was robbed and assaulted in Georgia while he was in Florida. That's all we KNOW right now, right?

That's what Yolo just said in the post right above yours.

Are you expecting a friend's accusations of domestic abuse while the alleged abused simultaneously publicly denies it happened to really be the foundation this entire case is built upon and the reason Shady is not allowed in camp this week?

Not going to happen. That would be an absolutely atrocious precedent that would be set by either the team or the league and I'm sure the player's union would immediately and rightfully intervene.

• Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Commonsense said:

I feel like the Bills would have to tell him not to show up. Unless they have info we don’t, it would look weird if they did that. Who knows though. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like the Bills would have to tell him not to show up. Unless they have info we don’t, it would look weird if they did that. Who knows though. 

Only The Shadow knows.

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

OK, so the nightclub incident featured some video, beaucoup of witnesses, Shady and his pals admitting they were there and involved, a big city PD, and still took 8 weeks.

DeCordonGate features two women, an AWOL son, and a single home invader in a ski mask, and a smaller town PD (which might be more resources/case if it's a peaceful area, nothing else to do).

I'm gonna say at least 6 months on this one.

If they don't find anything within 2 months, they likely won't find anything by 6 months.  But it also might be a case where they just don't say anything and let it die quietly.

4 hours ago, Commonsense said:

He'll be at camp.  I'll put good money on it.

• Haha (+1) 1

Who thinks the dog kicking thing was real? I know it’s not the most trust worthy source. I think the poster really believes he hired someone to attack her. So if you believed someone had done that to your friend would you also make up a couple of lies of lesser severity in order to slander the person? Why would that be necessary?

It’s possible, but something tells me that hospital room wasn’t a writer’s room. The post was made out of anger and the specific nature of the dog claim makes me believe it’s true. 

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

Who thinks the dog kicking thing was real? I know it’s not the most trust worthy source. I think the poster really believes he hired someone to attack her. So if you believed someone had done that to your friend would you also make up a couple of lies of lesser severity in order to slander the person? Why would that be necessary?

It’s possible, but something tells me that hospital room wasn’t a writer’s room. The post was made out of anger and the specific nature of the dog claim makes me believe it’s true. 

When you are slandering someone, everything is blown out of proportion.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Chemical said:

I dunno, different people see things differently.  I would have felt the Insta was more credible if it stuck to one claim, or maybe two.  As it was it seemed a bit smorgasboard and overthetop to me.

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think you might be missing a few necessary steps to make this effective.

You're right. If I had a lawyer say Tom Brady kicked beerme1's dog! it would probably have more significance. Now I just need to find a desperate headline grabbing attorney. Shouldn't be too hard I think.

11 hours ago, Chemical said:

She also said that he beats his son and his son's mother said that's a lie.

And I'm still trying to figure out how the assailant believing Cordon when she said that the jewelry was in a safe deposit box points to Shady?  Anyone?

5 minutes ago, Bill_with_it said:

This thread has turned into a 5 star **it show.

Innocent until proven guilty.

You dont know what you dont know. You know?

He left a bad tip once so...guilty until proven innocent.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Bill_with_it said:

This thread has turned into a 5 star **it show.

Innocent until proven guilty.

You dont know what you dont know. You know?

While I agree, you have to admit that his negative reputation precedes him, so you can’t really fault people for having doubts in their mind.

• Like (+1) 2