President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He college drinking friends are calling him a liar. Under oath lying, who got impeached for that and who pushed for it? 

Now the perjurer will get his revenge! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-were-brett-kavanaughs-drinking-buddies-we-dont-think-he-should-be-confirmed/2018/10/04/923cf6ac-c821-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.722b6d595fb4

How can anybody know whether somebody is going to remember something.  I'll say it again - I drank pretty much the most of anybody in college - and never once blacked out on anything. 

6 minutes ago, Magox said:

I dont think he will be confirmed 

It looks like it will be a murkowski swap with manchin that still leaves at 51, and if another repub leaves that still leaves Pence as the tie breaker. Slim margin for sure though

1 minute ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Yeah she sucks.

Murkowski's career as a US Senator is now over.

Depends.  These votes are all calculated, and nothing is a surprise to the members.

It might well be a situation where she's trying to appease everyone:  IE.  No for cloture, but Yes for confirmation.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

Depends.  These votes are all calculated, and nothing is a surprise to the members.

It might well be a situation where she's trying to appease everyone:  IE.  No for cloture, but Yes for confirmation.

I think that is highly unlikely 

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

Do you think Flake or Collins is a no? If not, I don't see how he isn't confirmed.

Yeah as long as we have 50 votes, Pence breaks the tie, and if we have Manchin voting yes, then its a lock imo

4 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

Do you think Flake or Collins is a no? If not, I don't see how he isn't confirmed.

I dont know.  I thought that Murkowski was the most likely to vote for him.

Now that Murkowski is a no, I think that makes it easier for the others to say no.

Just now, Magox said:

I dont know.  I thought that Murkowski was the most likely to vote for him.

Now that Murkowski is a no, I think that makes it easier for the others to say no.

I heard Murkowski was likely a no yesterday, so there must have been whispers in that direction. I just rather doubt GOP would have called for a cloture vote without reasonable confidence they had the minimum.

I'd expected the cloture vote to be more in favor - I'd expected more Senators to want to end this farce, and get to the floor vote to vote no.

Murkowski's vote against cloture puzzles me.  It's almost as if she doesn't understand how the process works.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

I'd expected the cloture vote to be more in favor - I'd expected more Senators to want to end this farce, and get to the floor vote to vote no.

Murkowski's vote against cloture puzzles me.  It's almost as if she doesn't understand how the process works.

Could it be b/c she knew it would pass and voted "for women" kind of theater?