President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

21 minutes ago, Magox said:

I dont know.  I thought that Murkowski was the most likely to vote for him.

Now that Murkowski is a no, I think that makes it easier for the others to say no.

I dont think he will be confirmed 

It is my understanding that Murkowski isn’t well liked, she certainly isn’t a leader 

I don’t see her “giving cover “ to anyone, they all have to answer to their own constituents 

I don't have a good feeling about this.  Not one single accusation that has been lobbed at Kavanaugh has been substantiated or contemporaneously been corroborated.

Think about that for a second.  Neither Ramirez, Ford or Swetnick could come up with a single person to back up their claim. Between the 3 of them they have provided 10 names and out of those 10 names not a single one could recall their account.  0 for 10.

What are the odds of that happening if what they said was true?  Maybe one or two people could forget,  but all 10?  That is highly highly unlikely.

Murkowski should be shunned and whoever votes no that is an R should never be voted in as an R ever again.  I hope this time Murkowski gets primaried from a competent opponent.  I think her calculation is that she can win as an I like she did the last time.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

He college drinking friends are calling him a liar. Under oath lying, who got impeached for that and who pushed for it? 

Now the perjurer will get his revenge! 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/we-were-brett-kavanaughs-drinking-buddies-we-dont-think-he-should-be-confirmed/2018/10/04/923cf6ac-c821-11e8-b2b5-79270f9cce17_story.html?utm_term=.722b6d595fb4

You !@#$ing dumbass.  There was ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE against Clinton.  Not just volunteered testimony.  

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

I don't have a good feeling about this.  Not one single accusation that has been lobbed at Kavanaugh has been substantiated or contemporaneously been corroborated.

Nope.

But "substantiation" and "corroboration" are oppressive white cis-male concepts that violate people's feelings.  We're ruling by Critical Theory now.

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, Magox said:

Think about that for a second.  Neither Ramirez, Ford or Swetnick could come up with a single person to back up their claim. Between the 3 of them they have provided 10 names and out of those 10 names not a single one could recall their account.  0 for 10.

What are the odds of that happening if what they said was true?  Maybe one or two people could forget,  but all 10?  That is highly highly unlikely.

Murkowski should be shunned and whoever votes no that is an R should never be voted in as an R ever again.  I hope this time Murkowski gets primaried from a competent opponent.  I think her calculation is that she can win as an I like she did the last time.

I can't believe you're surprised by any of this, at this point. 

Flake says he is a yes tomorrow.

Unless something new comes about, which he says would be hard to imagine.

That would be huge

Right now Manchin is praying to God that Collins votes yes.  Because if not he'd be the deciding vote.

2 hours ago, billsfan1959 said:

The vast majority of the Agents are honest, decent men and women who are very good at what they do. The Agency, as a whole, is, IMO, the best investigative agency in the world. The recent bad apples seem to be from a group at the upper echelon of the FBI. 

They are the best police force in the world.

50 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

You !@#$ing dumbass.  There was ACTUAL PHYSICAL EVIDENCE against Clinton.  Not just volunteered testimony.  

Nope.

But "substantiation" and "corroboration" are oppressive white cis-male concepts that violate people's feelings.  We're ruling by Critical Theory now.

The Democrats would have had a better political play if they could have forced the hand of the GOP to have made the testimony involuntary and under subpoena.

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In the comments on Dovere's tweet is this.  It's what I've been seeing for days:

I just realized that this is, for many women - on the left - the same as the OJ trial for many black people.  The facts of the case don't matter - it's supposed to represent some historical injustice.

7 minutes ago, bbb said:

I just realized that this is, for many women - on the left - the same as the OJ trial for many black people.  The facts of the case don't matter - it's supposed to represent some historical injustice.

For many other victims it's the Democrats' gaslighting that has them upset.  

Of victims I know, it's about 2/3 against the Democrats for this bull ****.  But overall, I get the sense it's more of an even split.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's ironic that Soros' spending time in an environment where he was politically persecuted for his identity led to him developing the messianic complex that leads to his pursuit of the very same identity-based persecution of others.

• Like (+1) 1