President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

14 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

False accusations in one tweet and in an interview said that she should've called the FBI when the assault happened.  Yeah.

I remember the first tweet.  I recalled the second as being more along the lines of "called the police."

But honestly...while I'm never wrong, I find it more believable that I'm wrong than believing Trump wasn't that stupid.  How sad is that?  :lol:

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

This is rich. I heard Kirsten Gillibrand yesterday come up with the classic, "if he didn't do anything, what does he have to hide" in regards to an FBI investigation.  I didn't do anything either but I sure as heck don't want the FBI running around "interviewing" my relatives and friends on a witch hunt with ZERO evidence.

Then he shouldn't be on the Supreme Court if he doesn't want to be investigated after being accused. An accusation is evidence and an investigation would help determine how credible that evidence is. The fact that his friend ran away so he can't be interviewed, when the accuser said he was in the room is very telling. Get the guy under oath and ask him questions. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Then he shouldn't be on the Supreme Court if he doesn't want to be investigated after being accused. An accusation is evidence and an investigation would help determine how credible that evidence is. The fact that his friend ran away so he can't be interviewed, when the accuser said he was in the room is very telling. Get the guy under oath and ask him questions. 

He said he didn't do it.

13 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I remember the first tweet.  I recalled the second as being more along the lines of "called the police."

But honestly...while I'm never wrong, I find it more believable that I'm wrong than believing Trump wasn't that stupid.  How sad is that?  :lol:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/politics/trump-kavanaugh-fbi-assault/index.htm

Trump questions why Kavanaugh accuser didn't call the FBI after alleged assault

"Why didn't somebody call the FBI 36 years ago? I mean you could also say when did this all happen, what's going on? To take a man like this and besmirch -- now with that being said, let her have her say and let's see how it all works out," Trump said during an interview on Fox News just before his rally in Las Vegas.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/20/politics/trump-kavanaugh-fbi-assault/index.htm

Trump questions why Kavanaugh accuser didn't call the FBI after alleged assault

"Why didn't somebody call the FBI 36 years ago? I mean you could also say when did this all happen, what's going on? To take a man like this and besmirch -- now with that being said, let her have her say and let's see how it all works out," Trump said during an interview on Fox News just before his rally in Las Vegas.

Oh, that's why...it was a speech.  I thought you were talking about his twitterrhea.  I avoid most of his tweets...but all of his bloviating.

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

Oh, that's why...it was a speech.  I thought you were talking about his twitterrhea.  I avoid most of his tweets...but all of his bloviating.

An interview which is usually slightly less moronic than a speech.  I found it funny he corrected himself the next day with a tweet saying why she didn't call the local authorities when it happened.  Because sexual assault victims in their teenage years always call the police right away after the incident.  That's why all the priests were arrested 30 plus years ago and the practice was stopped.

Between the freak out in the media, Trump's stream of consciousness ramblings, and a bs special counsel investigation....it has been a fun couple of years.

28 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

In other words...no, she's not showing up, and if the Republicans don't reschedule the hearing for her convenience, they're oppressing her and silencing a rape victim.

This isn't even subtle.  It's blatant and transparent.  

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-fascists can't argue or defend their positions, so they often try to change topics or resort to poorly constructed "whataboutisms". Evidence above. 

They're driven solely by emotion and the sense they're "fighting evil" thus everything and anything is justified. 

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-fascists can't argue or defend their positions, so they often try to change topics or resort to poorly constructed "whataboutisms". Evidence above. 

They're driven solely by emotion and the sense they're "fighting evil" thus everything and anything is justified. 

Grassley lays down the law

They're staying through the weekend. If she shows or doesn't show on Thursday expect the vote Saturday.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

At first he said he didn't recall and then changed his answer 

if this is the kind of thing he and O'Kavenaugh did on a regular basis hopped up on beer, what would make this stand out?  Maybe he just remembers the Dolphin stuff? Kind of hard to forget that name.

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

if this is the kind of thing he and O'Kavenaugh did on a regular basis hopped up on beer, what would make this stand out?  Maybe he just remembers the Dolphin stuff? Kind of hard to forget that name.

Well, one GOP senator has broken ranks 

https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/murkowski-backs-fbi-probe-into-kavanaugh-accusations/

44 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Who in the holy hell is in charge of dressing Hillary? Does she not own a mirror? Can someone dress her to look even a LITTLE different than Chairman Mao?

I think this is what they call rhetorical flourish.

7 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

Who in the holy hell is in charge of dressing Hillary? Does she not own a mirror? Can someone dress her to look even a LITTLE different than Chairman Mao?

I can just see someone in charge of her wardrobe saying "Well, they share a depraved interest in little girls...she'll never get the joke..."

(Yes, I accused her of molesting little girls.  So she's guilty.)

“Piece by painful piece.”

If you don’t know those words as written by Brett Kavanaugh back in 1998, I urge you to commit them to memory in advance of Thursday’s questioning. 

They appeared in a memo Kavanaugh wrote to his boss, special prosecutor Kenneth Starr, on August 15, 1998. We were in the midst of the Bill Clinton-Monica Lewinsky scandal, and Starr’s team was about to question Clinton in front of a grand jury.

“After reflecting this evening,” the memo began, “I am strongly opposed to giving the President any ‘break’ in the questioning regarding the details of the Lewinsky relationship…I have tried hard to bend over backwards and to be fair to him and to think of all reasonable defenses to his pattern of behavior. In the end, I am convinced that there really are none. The idea of going easy on him at the questioning is thus abhorrent to me.”

The subsequent questioning of Clinton went as Kavanaugh had urged, and a month later, Starr and Kavanaugh and team issued a report that read not like something published by the U.S. Government Printing Office but by Larry Flynt. There were discussion of the presidential johnson, and of when he had and had not ejaculated. The word “sex” or a variation appeared in the report 581 times. The word “Whitewater”—the failed land-deal the Clintons were involved in that was the original raison d’etrefor Starr’s investigation—was mentioned four times. 

The 445-page, X-rated report existed in the form it did for one purpose only: To make the American people become so morally repulsed by Clinton’s behavior that they would rise up in fury and demand that he leave office. And this was done, as the memo reveals, at the behest of Brett Kavanaugh.

And now here we are, 20 years later. No, say conservatives, and even some “let’s be fair” liberals. Let’s not get too detailed about Kavanaugh’s past. All that yearbook stuff; let’s not go there! Whatever he did, he doesn’t deserve to have his youthful errors thrown before the public in such ghastly detail.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/democrats-hold-kavanaugh-to-his-own-standard-for-bill-clinton-and-take-him-apart-piece-by-painful-piece?ref=home

Just now, DC Tom said:

This message brought to you by the same short-sighted morons who think using Harry Reid's nuclear option against Democrats is grossly unfair.  :rolleyes:

Actually it came from frat boy Brett but when the facts are hard to accept, talk about something else. 

Speaking of that! Go look at the Fox News interview frat boy did and count how many times he totally dodged questions from the friendly interviewer. Do it, that ain't what innocent people do. 

7 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-fascits who aren't smart enough to realize they're prog-fascists are the most dangerous idiots out there. Look above for proof. The ends justify the means - regardless of the long term consequences to our system of justice, civil liberties, and culture. 

Prog-fascists who are too dim to realize they're prog-fascists are in for a rude awakening when the mob turns on them - which they will, because all mobs inevitably do. 

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I would say they are already acting on precedent. Hillary has been dragged through the mud forever, and people acting shocked this is happening are hypocrites 

Ha! Hillary jumped off the diving board into a pool filled with mud and then set up an office there, including a State Dept. server.