President Donald J. Trump's Supreme Court Associate Justice Kavanaugh

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

That NYT Opinion piece is simply embarrassing. On the upside, it's starting to galvanize the different factions of the right in a way no one on the right has been able to accomplish. It's genuinely stunning that the left lit this fuse of 'any opinion any time as long as it supports the leftists begging for more power,' and now have no way to stomp it out.

It's almost exclusively how they got Trump, and they are incapable of stopping themselves.

Edited by LABillzFan
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Zealots never apologize, that's the nature of being an extremist. The only question I have for folks like you is who is the puppet, and who is the puppeteer.  

He can't even define fascism, or understand that what he's advocating for is a complete reversal of western philosophy that protects everyone's rights. So it's asking a lot of him to correctly identify whose hand is currently lodged up his ass making his mouth move. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

He will be sitting on the court for life, is unelected,, and picked by the Federalist Society for reasons we the people have no knowledge of, so ya, it is important to look at issues this guy can effect, without a doubt. I don't apologize for that 

"Is unelected?????"

If that's your idea of legitimate criticism of Supreme Court Justices, we'd better impeach all of them immediately.  Jesus...  :wallbash:

The lack of self awareness continues to be on display for all to see. A prog-fascist claiming he's fighting hypocrisy by systematically undercutting the very tenants that allowed freedom and liberty to triumph over oppression and fascism. 

Again, prog-fascists who are too stupid to realize they're prog-fascists are the most dangerous idiots out there. 

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He can't even define fascism, or understand that what he's advocating for is a complete reversal of western philosophy that protects everyone's rights. So it's asking a lot of him to correctly identify whose hand is currently lodged up his ass making his mouth move. 

Can you define the new normal now? Or is that no long a problem since Brett is for great surveilence and that makes it cool now. 

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-fascists can't argue or defend their positions, so they often try to change topics or resort to poorly constructed "whataboutisms". Evidence above. 

They're driven solely by emotion and the sense they're "fighting evil" thus everything and anything is justified. 

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Is there any absolute reason at this point to think the accusers are lying? His buddy running away to hide so he doesn't have to testify is a bit suspicious. Brett's clerking for a known harasser, pervert and fired judge yet claiming to know nothing about his massive wrong doing is sort of disturbing, too. 

There is no "absolute" and never will be. 

On the other hand, things do not happen in a vacuum and I am able to look at the evidence rationally and develop an opinion based on what I see. 

When all is said and done, I would not wish this type of character assassination on anyone, not even you. 

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

The lack of self awareness continues to be on display for all to see. A prog-fascist claiming he's fighting hypocrisy by systematically undercutting the very tenants that allowed freedom and liberty to triumph over oppression and fascism. 

Again, prog-fascists who are too stupid to realize they're prog-fascists are the most dangerous idiots out there. 

Your prog-fascist posts are excellent if you imagine them being read by David Attenborough.

Just now, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

On the other hand, things do not happen in a vacuum and I am able to look at the evidence rationally and develop an opinion based on what I see. 

When all is said and done, I would not wish this type of character assassination on anyone, not even you. 

That's right, let's hear what she has to say and then go from there. 

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Your prog-fascist posts are excellent if you imagine them being read by David Attenborough.

While swimming in a open sewer! Perfect! 

2 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You are missing the boat here. Gleeful Gator can not have his character assassinated. He has none.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mealy-mouthed Prog-Fascists spend a week bashing the presumption of innocence then claim they just want to "hear what she has to say and then go from there" because they have no sense of shame, responsibility, or the intellectual bandwidth to understand they're being used.

But hey, at least we accept the new normal! 

image.jpeg.f70967e28aa6e0722885e58150d3b0de.jpeg
image.jpeg.3b0e98330933b9dd1e5289fbf3ad64df.jpeg
image.jpeg.8b423007f6a9ba88b8eb9c93981e013e.jpeg

24 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Prog-fascists can't argue or defend their positions, so they often try to change topics or resort to poorly constructed "whataboutisms". Evidence above. 

They're driven solely by emotion and the sense they're "fighting evil" thus everything and anything is justified. 

:lol: 

14 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Mealy-mouthed Prog-Fascists spend a week bashing the presumption of innocence then claim they just want to "hear what she has to say and then go from there" because they have no sense of shame, responsibility, or the intellectual bandwidth to understand they're being used.

You're correct and I know that.  There are times though I just hit the wall understanding why someone would want something to play out like this.  Surely they know the game gets escalated the next time, for their person.  

I try to wrap my head around those that love chaos and anarchy of this sort, but I just don't get it.

When all is said and done, I just shake my head with the realization that for every person that makes the koolaid, there are still countless people out there willing to serve it to the people willing to drink it.  

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

You're correct and I know that.  There are times though I just hit the wall understanding why someone would want something to play out like this.  Surely they know the game gets escalated the next time, for their person.  

I try to wrap my head around those that love chaos and anarchy of this sort, but I just don't get it.

Emotional children who want immediate gratification but can't see beyond next Friday.

That's all it is.  Nothing else.

30 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

That's stupid. Good character, bad character, but no character? 

It works for you with class. You have no class. 

Yes 5Watt, not only aren't you very bright but you have no character. None whatsoever. Nada. Zilch. Zero. I know you think it might be impossible to have no character but you could always turn your body over to science so they could check out this phenomena.

Prog-Fascists who don't realize they're prog-fascists are the most dangerous idiots out there.... 

In Blumenthal's defense, he's not an idiot. He's not smart, or honest enough to be classified as such. He's a deep state drone devoid of a spine, character, or integrity. He's a blight on the Hill and his party.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Emotional children who want immediate gratification but can't see beyond next Friday.

That's all it is.  Nothing else.

Wait, is there something going on next Saturday that no one told me about? I haven't been out since that college party where some dude danced to a Gladys Knight song and whipped his Pip out. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

...picked by the Federalist Society for reasons we the people have no knowledge of...

That's just because you the people are morons. Courts publicly publish opinions, hundreds of which were written by Judge Kavanaugh.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

When all is said and done, I just shake my head with the realization that for every person that makes the koolaid, there are still countless people out there willing to serve it to the people willing to drink it.  

Exactly, like Hillary and Benghazi. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Is there any absolute reason at this point to think the accusers are lying? His buddy running away to hide so he doesn't have to testify is a bit suspicious. Brett's clerking for a known harasser, pervert and fired judge yet claiming to know nothing about his massive wrong doing is sort of disturbing, too. 

This is rich. I heard Kirsten Gillibrand yesterday come up with the classic, "if he didn't do anything, what does he have to hide" in regards to an FBI investigation.  I didn't do anything either but I sure as heck don't want the FBI running around "interviewing" my relatives and friends on a witch hunt with ZERO evidence.

Which brings up something I read yesterday.  Didn' tthe FBI already do an exhaustive search of his background several times when they did the background check for his security clearances?

The thing that always gets me on these things is, don't they realize they are setting a precedent that WILL be used against them in the not too distant future.

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Is there any absolute reason at this point to think they're telling the truth?  

Because the only ones making absolute statements are the ones that think they're telling the truth.  :wallbash:

20 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

This is rich. I heard Kirsten Gillibrand yesterday come up with the classic, "if he didn't do anything, what does he have to hide" in regards to an FBI investigation.  I didn't do anything either but I sure as heck don't want the FBI running around "interviewing" my relatives and friends on a witch hunt with ZERO evidence.

Which brings up something I read yesterday.  Didn' tthe FBI already do an exhaustive search of his background several times when they did the background check for his security clearances?

The thing that always gets me on these things is, don't they realize they are setting a precedent that WILL be used against them in the not too distant future.

Plus...they're not asking the FBI to do a further background check.  They say that's what it is, but they're asking for a criminal investigation in to charges of rape and sexual assault.  

Having been through a few, on both sides of the table, and having had to answer for a criminal accusation in some of them, I know that you do not investigate criminal complaints in a background investigation.  The investigators do an NCIC check, look for police reports and charges, compile them into an overall data package, and send them on for adjudication.  They do NOT INVESTIGATE CHARGES THEY FIND, NOR DO THEY INITIATE NEW ONES, NOR DO THEY GO INTERVIEW WITNESSES AND VICTIMS TO ESTABLISH THE VERACITY OF THE CHARGES.  That is NOT how things work.

These accusations would actually be more effective if they were filed with the proper authorities, so they'd be properly investigated by the proper authorities AND properly recorded by the FBI for his background check.  That they aren't doing so is very telling: they don't want the criminal justice system involved, because they know they can't come close to meeting a burden of proof, so they're trying the accusations - successfully - in the court of public opinion.  Very Athenian...the boule leading the eccleasia in an ostracism.  They should write their votes on pottery shards.

1 hour ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

I would point out though that making a circus out of SC justice appointments is pretty much only perpetrated by the Democrat party. Beginning with the Bork confirmation hearings, then Clarence Thomas, and now with Kavanaugh, they've gone all out to do whatever they can to smear each one of them. By contrast, every democrat appointment in my adult lifetime has faced nothing more in their confirmation hearings than the standard dog & pony questions, with a bit of partisan glowering and harrumphing thrown in for good measure. None that I can remember have actually had their character attacked or personal lives sullied like happens to republican nominees.

The methods being used against Kavanaugh are nothing more than delay tactics. Outrageous, libelous, and disgusting, but still empty accusations. If the New York %&#$ing Times deems the accusations to be too flimsy to report, then that should be enough right there to stop the charade once & for all.

This is nothing more than the radical left steering what little remains of the Democrats of old all the way into all-out TDS hysteria. They're no longer content with looking for things to be angry about, they're actually inventing them, and antifa, along with the rest of the fascist elements that call today's Democrats home are taking this all to a dangerous extreme.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I would say they are already acting on precedent. Hillary has been dragged through the mud forever, and people acting shocked this is happening are hypocrites 

7 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Trump actually stated that she lied and should have went to the FBI?

False accusations in one tweet and in an interview said that she should've called the FBI when the assault happened.  Yeah.

Edited by Doc Brown

23 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Is there any absolute reason at this point to think they're telling the truth?  

Because the only ones making absolute statements are the ones that think they're telling the truth.  :wallbash:

So far, she is more credible that Kavenaugh who has repeatedly stretch the bounds of credulity in many of his answers on numerous topics and has not has his complete record released.