#WalkAway

• 2 weeks later...

This Former Never Trumper Will Vote Early in Florida To Re-Elect the President

See the original by Chris Bustin here.

Protest vote.

Those two words encapsulated my Election 2016 thought process, which led me to vote for Libertarian Party candidate Gary Johnson.

In these past four years, however, I’ve undergone a political epiphany of sorts: I will now be voting early next month to re-elect President Trump.

In Donald Trump, I’ve discovered a president who matches measured military restraint with conservative legislative policies.

With this president, opposing pre-emptive wars, defending the Second Amendment, and protecting the unborn are no longer mutually exclusive.

Furthermore, a vote for President Trump offers a peaceful means by which we everyday citizens can push back against the mob mentality of rioting and cancel culture.

In 2016, I couldn’t bring myself to vote for Trump because I was concerned that his boorish persona would seep into his foreign policy.

However, my concerns never came to fruition. In fact, the president’s Jan.8 address to the nation in response to Iranian aggression provided an unexpected sense of calm:

“The fact that we have this great military and equipment, however, does not mean we have to use it. We do not want to use it. American strength, both military and economic, is the best deterrent.” –@realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/ChN7EPirXO

— GOP (@GOP) January 8, 2020

President Trump’s opposition to endless wars stands in stark contrast to this nation’s March 2003 invasion of Iraq.

And that’s a wonderful thing indeed.

More at the link

Walking away 

In the presidential race, Biden is doing better — much better in some cases — with groups Hillary Clinton lost big. The Post reports: “Biden leads among White women with college degrees by 41 points and is almost even among White women without degrees. In 2016, Clinton lost White women without college degrees by 23 points.” Biden’s improvement both with Whites without college degrees and college-educated Whites is remarkable. (“Clinton won college-graduate voters overall by 21 points in Pew’s survey of confirmed voters, and she lost those without a college education by seven points. Today, Biden is ahead among college-educated voters overall by 30 points and narrowly behind among those without college degrees, by six points.”) Biden also leads among older voters, a reverse of 2016.

The New York Times-Siena polls shows similar results. “Mr. Biden is winning 60 percent of white women with college degrees, compared with 34 percent for Mr. Trump, and he is beating the president among men with college degrees, 50 percent to 45 percent,” the pollsters found. “Four years ago, according to exit polls, Ms. Clinton won college-educated white women by only seven percentage points and lost college-educated white men to Mr. Trump by 14 points.”

4 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Tom Ridge caved to the teachers union in PA 20 years ago by increasing their pensions by 50% and reducing their vesting time from 10 years to 5. He's just another RINO, trying to ingratiate himself and his consulting firm to D.C. insiders. 

And poll after poll shows poll after poll is wrong or someth8ng!!! 😂 😆 😝 

5 hours ago, Dub said:

As far as I understood, the #Walkaway

movement is Dems that are fed up with the direction of their party. Wrong ?

Guess they're just #Racists too. 

Opposition = racist

That is correct. 

Many who did a #walkaway have said, "I didn't leave my party, my party left me."

• Like (+1) 2

• 7 months later...
On 5/14/2021 at 12:18 PM, BillStime said:

Let’s not forget Republicans don’t really run on anything

except for fear. Fear they’re going to take your guns, fear they’re going to make the country communist, etc. Biden is the most vanilla candidate that it really highlights the Republicans fear mongering is unfounded.

I think it could cause issues with Republicans in midterms. They can’t run on fear. For Obama’s first mid-term they could run heavy on fear with ACA. They lied about death panels to stoke fear.

What fear can they stoke now? If you don’t vote R then you a may get more stimulus checks! 

6 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

except for fear. Fear they’re going to take your guns, fear they’re going to make the country communist, etc. Biden is the most vanilla candidate that it really highlights the Republicans fear mongering is unfounded.

I think it could cause issues with Republicans in midterms. They can’t run on fear. For Obama’s first mid-term they could run heavy on fear with ACA. They lied about death panels to stoke fear.

What fear can they stoke now? If you don’t vote R then you a may get more stimulus checks! 

Just read anything @B-Man posts here or read Breitbart - they loiter in fear all day.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

Fear sells to the mindless sheep.

Guns, suburbs, crime, godless yep that is republicans playbook. 

And democrats do the same... Jim Crow, choice, trans rights, evil corporations, climate. 

They both know exactly what to tell you to get you behind them... they have your name, your address, all the data on your household... they know how you will vote before you do. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

And democrats do the same... Jim Crow, choice, trans rights, evil corporations, climate. 

They both know exactly what to tell you to get you behind them... they have your name, your address, all the data on your household... they know how you will vote before you do. 

Let’s break this down:

Guns - no ones taking your guns

suburbs - no ones changing the suburbs

crime - Mixed bag

godless - who cares 

And democrats do the same... Jim Crow - entire racists are being denied their liberty kind of a big deal

trans rights - an entire group of people are being denied liberty kind of a big deal

evil corporations - this is kind of a Republican thing now that they want to boycott everyone like MLB and social media

climate - we could have crazy weather and untold deaths that we have seen, kind of a big deal

to break that down: Republicans want fear on things that aren’t really a big thing unless you subscribe to maybe a white leaning group. Dems want to make sure people’s liberties are upheld and we don’t have more climate catastrophes

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Backintheday544 said:

Let’s break this down:

Guns - no ones taking your guns

suburbs - no ones changing the suburbs

crime - Mixed bag

godless - who cares 

And democrats do the same... Jim Crow - entire racists are being denied their liberty kind of a big deal

trans rights - an entire group of people are being denied liberty kind of a big deal

evil corporations - this is kind of a Republican thing now that they want to boycott everyone like MLB and social media

climate - we could have crazy weather and untold deaths that we have seen, kind of a big deal

to break that down: Republicans want fear on things that aren’t really a big thing unless you subscribe to maybe a white leaning group. Dems want to make sure people’s liberties are upheld and we don’t have more climate catastrophes

I can see which sheep herder you baaaaaooow to. 

have at it. It’s all fear mongering 

I do fear for those unintelligent enough to realize there are no good guys and bad guys. Just a small couple groups trying to control power over you. 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Haha (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

That used to be my job. I worked for an Ad firm and we’d just identify undecided voters and hit them with direct mail ads. You can break it down to “lean Dem/lean R. This was before social media existed. 

Now, you can just hire firms that know every single thing there is to know about voters and just hammer them with fake news, issues that trigger them, etc., through their newsfeed.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Governor said:

That used to be my job. I worked for an Ad firm and we’d just identify undecided voters and hit them with direct mail ads. You can break it down to “lean Dem/lean R. This was before social media existed. 

Now, you can just hire firms that know every single thing there is to know about voters and just hammer them with fake news, issues that trigger them, etc., through their newsfeed.

For the audience here, as a subject matter expert, can you confirm that both parties use these tactics? 

On 5/17/2021 at 8:35 AM, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

For the audience here, as a subject matter expert, can you confirm that both parties use these tactics? 

What was new in 2016 was Russia’s and Cambridge Analytica’s help with the micro-targeting.

Thats why Manafort sent them polling from specific places so they knew exactly where to target in the final weeks. 

Since then, Republican firms have adopted Russia’s model and used it in 2020.

Were both parties doing it in 2016? No.

Are they both doing something similar now? Dunno. I can’t answer that.

13 minutes ago, Governor said:

What was new in 2016 was Russia’s and Cambridge Analytica’s help with the micro-targeting.

Thats why Manafort sent them polling from specific places so they knew exactly where to target in the final weeks. 

Since then, Republican firms have adopted Russia’s model and used it in 2020.

Were both parties doing it in 2016? No.

Are they both doing something similar now? Dunno. I can’t answer that.

The Rs were ahead of the Ds in campaigning tech? Shocked on that. 

I’d heard the Obama and Hilly campaigns were super high tech. 

I thought the R were the laggards

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

The Rs were ahead of the Ds in campaigning tech? Shocked on that. 

I’d heard the Obama and Hilly campaigns were super high tech. 

They’ve improved each cycle. I would have to go back and refresh myself on what Trump needed Russia to do that American firms couldn’t legally do, but they basically shared all of the internal polling data with each other and targeted certain voters to climb back in the race in Pa, Mich, etc., in the last 2 weeks.

Trump wasn’t able to do most of those things the second time around, so Cyber Command was on the ball.