#WalkAway

People are busting this guy on his '70 years' thing, but be honest...did you really think you'd see THIS many black Americans come to grips with the truth about the Dems?

I didn't.

This is just another dude saying a lot of the same stuff: Dems are racists, Dems hate blacks, Dems started the KKK.

Would hate to be Dem these days.

Holy *****!!

I am "no party affiliation".

I just got a live person phone call on my cell phone (!!) from the Erie County Democratic Party to get out and vote as every vote is important.

I stopped her immediately and told her I was voting a straight Republican line and ended the call. 

Buuuuut... I have never received a GOTV call. Ever. And, I have been registered to vote in Erie County for over 30 years!

Edited by Buffalo_Gal
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The only issue with this march is that it shouldn't be in exaltation of Trump, but rather in condemnation of the complete horribleness of the Democratic party. I know it's both, but that needs to be the focus. 

As for someone's question on how the media would spin it, likely by implying that these people are just wanting to follow trump to embrace their inner racist.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Holy *****!!

I am "no party affiliation".

I just got a live person phone call on my cell phone (!!) from the Erie County Democratic Party to get out and vote as every vote is important.

I stopped her immediately and told her I was voting a straight Republican line and ended the call. 

Buuuuut... I have never received a GOTV call. Ever. And, I have been registered to vote in Erie County for over 30 years!

Live calls in a democratic state seems like desperation to me... 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, PearlHowardman said:

Republicans expanded seats in the Senate.  Democrats performed a little below expectations in the House, so...

:mellow:

After years of trying, Democrats expanded their influence in state capitols on Tuesday, flipping more than 300 state legislative seats while also claiming a majority of the nation’s attorney general offices.

The Democratic gains mark a significant turnaround for a party that had been losing clout in state legislatures for nearly a decade, allowing Republicans in many states to loosen restrictions on firearms, push through new voter-identification laws and weaken environmental regulations. Democrats had also ceded enormous power to Republicans to redraw congressional boundaries.

Those were Trump states mostly for the senate and the Dems won the House in a good economy year. Azz kicking. That's why Trump is freaking out so much more than usual. Prison? 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/democrats-gain-hundreds-of-legislative-seats-and-secure-majority-of-state-attorneys-general/2018/11/07/cef1ebd6-e2aa-11e8-ab2c-b31dcd53ca6b_story.html?utm_term=.70d68657b982

• 1 month later...
On 11/8/2018 at 8:02 AM, PearlHowardman said:

Is there any estimate as to how effective the walkaway movement was re: 2018 mid-term elections?

:mellow:

Yeah.  I'm always skeptical of a twitter movement.  Either it's Republicans posing as Democrats, bots, or independents who aren't overly ideological who would've voted Republican anyways.  Highest midterm turnout since 1914.  Black voters went 90% for Democrats despite Kanye's efforts.

44 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

national opular vote in mid term elections means exactly the same as it does in presidential election years. Zilcho de nada.

Okay, but midterms are pretty important as the Democrats painfully found out these last two years.  Especially the gubernational races when it comes to redistricting.  What should scare Republicans going into 2020 is voter turnout was high among Republicans and they still got walloped in the House.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Okay, but midterms are pretty important as the Democrats painfully found out these last two years.  Especially the gubernational races when it comes to redistricting.  What should scare Republicans going into 2020 is voter turnout was high among Republicans and they still got walloped in the House.

And they whole thing was gerrymandered in the GOPs favor and they still got crushed. Ya, Trump has done more to fire up Dem voters than anything.