Which throwbacks are best throwbacks?

What are your favorite throwbacks (besides the Bills' standing buffalo)  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite throwbacks?

• Patriots - Pat the Patriot
    • Bucs - Bucco Bruce Creamsicles
    • Dolphins - Football Dolphin
    • Steelers - Bumblebee Szn
    • Broncos - Old helmet color rush
    • Packers - Acme Packers
    • 49ers - Drop Shadow Szn
    • Falcons - Black on Black
    • Other

7 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

The Chargers who aren't even listed in the poll.

/thread

The powder blues are sweet.  

th.jpg.75b76d6ec1b5916bda8c59f3b5ae9399.jpgtomlinson.thumb.jpg.f1bec68d97cc6551cd2ea10d87dc3192.jpg

I was thinking the Oilers unis with the light blue helmets from the mid 60s.  The Titans were them several years ago.  They looked really good.

12881059883_2683a1d816_o.jpg

Edited by purple haze
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, May Day 10 said:

Their modern design (pre gigantic helmet logo) also aren't bad uniforms and a good color scheme 

The Bucs helmet designs are ok.  It's the shirts I don't like - looks like the countdown clock in the scene from Predator where the predator blows himself up.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Augie said:

Somebody should be punished for this. 

The Pittsburgh Steelers are...they've got an airplane hangar full of these jerseys unsold to fans.  Soon we'll be seeing kids in the third world wearing them, as the Steelers go for the humanitarian / tax write off play around the right side.

7 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I think it was their primary 25 years ago but today the powder blue is their alternate unless they just changed recently 

you might be right that it was their real jersey back in the day

You’re correct.

They wear their modern powder blues as their alternates twice a year. Primary dark uniforms are the navy blues and they have a color rush option with yellow numbers.

Why does the OP always put an asterisk next to the Pat's name?

Is he trying to say because they cheat that their name should always have an asterisk?

Also:

-powder blue chargers

-bright blue/yellow Rams

-red/white standing Buffalo Bills

-old school dolphins

-falcons 

-broncos

7 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

Why does the OP always put an asterisk next to the Pat's name?

Is he trying to say because they cheat that their name should always have an asterisk?

Yes, and has been the custom on TSW since Spygate

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

18 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Would definitely like to see Buffalo put together 90s era throwbacks but the NFL has that (*^*&%^$^#rule that doesn't allow teams to use more than one helmet per season. 

how do the *Pats do it?  their throwbacks are white, regular helmets are silver?

I feel dirty but I do love the throwback Pats jerseys. 

On topic tho, I wish the Bills would wear the 90s one of these days instead of the white standing buffalo. Miss the red helms and light blue. 

2 hours ago, SouthNYfan said:

That's what I was thinking.

I haven't been here since spygate so I was just guessing.

I chuckled when I figured it out though.

basically autocorrect at this point. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Hellcamino said:

how do the *Pats do it?  their throwbacks are white, regular helmets are silver?

Fair question. Turns out the Pats haven't worn the white helmets in a while due to the rule change in 2013.

Here's an article from March 2017 about throwbacks and whatnot. Apparently the Eagles proposed a rule change to allow different colored helmets during the season. I'm not sure what came of that proposal but I assume it got shot down since we haven't seen any teams don their throwbacks with a different colored helmet. 

Rams with the bright yellow instead of the more muted (am I using that correctly) Gold. Even worse will be when they get rid of the yellow/gold altogether from their color scheme and just go blue and white. 

I have this theory that sports teams in the mid 90s-2000s or so purposfully went with ugly jerseys/logos/color schemes, so that when they brought them back, fans would love it and merch sales would increase. Just to name a few off the top of my head:

• Sabres
  • Bills
  • Astros
  • Penguins
  • Capitals
  • Blue Jays
  • Orioles