Should Sarah Huckabee-Sanders be allowed to eat in peace?

I thought one of the big victories of the Trump era was that businesses could refuse service to anyone they find objectionable...bakers don't have to make cakes for gay weddings, and restaurants don't have to serve mouthpieces to Trump bull ****. It may be classless, but that is the way Trumpkins want it....no?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Buftex said:

I thought one of the big victories of the Trump era was that businesses could refuse service to anyone they find objectionable...bakers don't have to make cakes for gay weddings, and restaurants don't have to serve mouthpieces to Trump bull ****. It may be classless, but that is the way Trumpkins want it....no?

Buftex, competing for gator's crown by taking ignorance to a new level.

3 minutes ago, Buftex said:

:lol:

Was that really one of his platforms?... I'd like to think I would have known if that was the case... -Either way, it seems devoid of all decency to snipe at political adversaries at dinner with their family.  Whatsherface got doused with some water during lunch... Nielsen got ambushed during supper... Has the political discourse really gotten this bad?

#Dinnerissacred  -#Isn't it?

9 minutes ago, Wacka said:

So I put up a sign saying "No Buftexes "  Is that OK ?  Is no blacks ok?

"No blacks" is a civil rights violation.

But I can confirm that "no whites" is okay.

Just now, #34fan said:

:lol:

Was that really one of his platforms?... I'd like to think I would have known if that was the case... -Either way, it seems devoid of all decency to snipe at political adversaries at dinner with their family.  Whatsherface got doused with some water during lunch... Nielsen got ambushed during supper... Has the political discourse really gotten this bad?

#Dinnerissacred  -#Isn't it?

It wasn't.

And yes, political discourse has really gotten this bad.  Have you heard about the people protesting the reboot of "Roseanne" as "The Conners," sans Roseanne, because John Goodman, Sara Gilbert, etc., had the bad judgement to associate with Roseanne in the past?

It's getting seriously ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, Wacka said:

So I put up a sign saying "No Buftexes "  Is that OK ?  Is no blacks ok?

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

"No blacks" is a civil rights violation.

But I can confirm that "no whites" is okay.

Clearly, it was personal with Nielsen and Huckabee, and not raced-based.... Maybe I'm too much of a foodie, but harassing people as they sup is one rung too low.

I don't like the trend at all.

24 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Sure.  And customers have the right to express their displeasure by condemning said practice and spending their money elsewhere.

Luckily, most small business owners aren't morons and won't commit business suicide by doing something so petty and stupid.

6 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Clearly, it was personal with Nielsen and Huckabee, and not raced-based.... Maybe I'm too much of a foodie, but harassing people as they sup is one rung too low.

I don't like the trend at all.

I don't either.  Further balkanizing the country.  Though I don't think the business owner should be forced to serve Sanders...just wish they had more maturity than to say "I won't serve you because I've seen you on TV and don't like your boss."

I'm really going to get pissed when the tables are turned, conservatives are denying service to liberal public figures they find personally offensive, and the left starts complaining how unfair it is.  I'm not entirely convinced our next presidential administration won't be our last.

39 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Sure! Anything that keeps the limp-wristed, linguini-spined leftists out of my favorite establishments is a-ok with me!

:thumbsup:

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

I don't either.  Further balkanizing the country.  Though I don't think the business owner should be forced to serve Sanders...just wish they had more maturity than to say "I won't serve you because I've seen you on TV and don't like your boss."

I'm really going to get pissed when the tables are turned, conservatives are denying service to liberal public figures they find personally offensive, and the left starts complaining how unfair it is.  I'm not entirely convinced our next presidential administration won't be our last.

This one might be our last at the rate things are going. Hell my lady's two sisters are in the midst of a political catfight thanks to the one sister's husband.

Edited by joesixpack

38 minutes ago, Buftex said:

No.

Why am I surprised at this point.

A complete 180 of what actually has happened in the past 2 years, 

Good Lord,  I hope for your sake that you don't say anything as stupid as this out in public.

As to the thread, certainly she should be able to eat without being harrased, as should anyone on the Left.

In my opinion, they have a right to refuse service to anyone.  But, they have to know that they will reap the consequences in the court of public opinion, not to mention the repercussions from the folks at 4chan and 8chan when they deem actions to be unfair. (The red hen is no longer a pr0n site, nor does it specialize in erectile dysfunction,  and it no longer redirects to China... but it could again at the drop of a hat.)

For myself? I would run out of a restaurant that in any way made it be known I was unwelcome. Not only would I not want to give them my money to support such bad behavior, I don't relish eating food that has been spit on, service that is super slow, or any of the horrible things restaurant workers can do to make for an unsavory (and unsafe) dining experience.

To the question of the topic... should she be able to eat in peace? Yes, of course.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Good Lord,  I hope for your sake that you don't say anything as stupid as this out in public.

This city is full of like-minded people. In Austin, you will be accosted for showing any support for this administration. The local concept of diversity is "we'll associate with people of any color, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or creed so long as you think exactly as we do."

I find it disturbing on many levels... Respectful Patrons shouldn't be punished for choosing your restaurant. Whether it's Sarah Huckabee, Jeff Sessions,  Kirstjen Nielson, or DT himself... It's literally the antithesis of what the restaurant business should be about... I'd never eat at this petty, vindictive, shack.. -What happens if they don't like me either?

Edited by #34fan
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, #34fan said:

I find it disturbing on many levels... Respectful Patrons shouldn't be punished for choosing your restaurant. Whether it's Sarah Huckabee, Jeff Sessions,  Kirstjen Nielson, or DT himself... It's literally the antithesis of what the restaurant business should be about... I'd never eat at this petty, vindictive, shack.. -What happens if they don't like me either?

Good on ya!

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

certainly she should be able to eat without being harrased, as should anyone on the Left.

And, without fear of eviction for no apparent reason... Look, if she was Harvey Weinstein, Bill Cosby, or some other high-profile f__k-up, it'd be another story....

She's just a woman doing her job.... Do I like her? -Absolutely not.... But if political opponents choose these universally vulnerable moments to attack each

other, we're going down the wrong road.... What's next?  -A bullhorn in the bathroom stall?

Edited by #34fan

34 minutes ago, #34fan said:

... I'd never eat at this petty, vindictive, shack.. -What happens if they don't like me either?

What do you mean if?

You and whatever ilk you're with, are next. 

1 hour ago, BringBackOrton said:

Sure.  And customers have the right to express their displeasure by condemning said practice and spending their money elsewhere.

Luckily, most small business owners aren't morons and won't commit business suicide by doing something so petty and stupid.

I agree with you there.

It is their right to refuse service to anyone.

It is a poor business model to turn away customers.

It is terrible customer service to heckle a paying customer. 

This will end up reflecting poorly on the establishment.  They'll get some positive social media from Lefties but it will not translate into new business.  They risk alienating the conservative customer base. 

Meanwhile an apolitical restaurant goer may hear of this and decide to skip the establishment known for heckling their customers

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, #34fan said:

:huh:

Man, I feel like I'm in the f__king twilight zone...  SERVE the damn food, and stow your politics so I can eat without throwing up. -Morons. Smh...

But Sanders works for someone who's supported by people who hate people!  And we hate people like that, so we can't support hate...

It makes me wish I ran a retail outlet, so I could deny service to people for dumbass reasons.  "Sorry, I can't serve you coffee, you're carrying a John Grisham novel, and the library named after him was previously named after James Eastland, who was against Brown v. Board of Education.  And I can't support that."

Honestly, I've watched restaurant service, and quality in general circle the bowl the last 20 years... I enjoy eating out, but I'm rarely impressed anymore... Now I guess I also have to worry about if I'm giving off the right political vibe... What a bunch of bullsh_t.

Edited by #34fan

Back in the GW days, i was asked to leave a restaurant, as me and my two dining companions were discussing politics. In my opinions, we werent being particularly loud, or even disrespectful of the administration of that time. However, unbeknownst to us, Karen Hughes (former Bush campaign manager) and her party was seated next to us. It was their request to have us removed. So this dining controversey thing isnt all that new. Of course, i couldnt go on social media at that time to blast the restaurant. In the end, we were pretty much winding down anyways...a free meal out of the whole thing! I wasnt mad at the restaurant, or even Karen Hughes for that matter. Had i known she was there i likely would have changed the subject at the dinner table. Different times...

3 hours ago, Buftex said:

It's amazing to me that you genuinely think there are similarities here. Someone not in meltdown mode would know that. Regardless, the DC restaurant was in its right to not serve Huckabee, and the baker was fully in his rights to not service the gay wedding.

2 hours ago, Azalin said:

This city is full of like-minded people. In Austin, you will be accosted for showing any support for this administration. The local concept of diversity is "we'll associate with people of any color, ethnicity, gender, sexuality or creed so long as you think exactly as we do."

Azlain..my day job, i work with nothing but Trump supporters...no issues...hell, hou and i have probably watched a Bills game together at a Bills bar a time or two. 

2 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

It's amazing to me that you genuinely think there are similarities here. Someone not in meltdown mode would know that. Regardless, the DC restaurant was in its right to not serve Huckabee, and the baker was fully in his rights to not service the gay wedding.

When did i say anythimg counter to that? Take it up with the original poster. Though, i do think there are similarities here...there is a moral question in this case, not couched in a religious freedom issue. 

Edited by Buftex

29 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Back in the GW days, i was asked to leave a restaurant, as me and my two dining companions were discussing politics. In my opinions, we werent being particularly loud, or even disrespectful of the administration of that time. However, unbeknownst to us, Karen Hughes (former Bush campaign manager) and her party was seated next to us. It was their request to have us removed. So this dining controversey thing isnt all that new. Of course, i couldnt go on social media at that time to blast the restaurant. In the end, we were pretty much winding down anyways...a free meal out of the whole thing! I wasnt mad at the restaurant, or even Karen Hughes for that matter. Had i known she was there i likely would have changed the subject at the dinner table. Different times...

The restaurant did not ask you to leave because they had taken offense to your political discussion.

The neighboring table thought you were a disturbance and asked the restaurant to intervene. 

At that point the restaurant has to decide which customer to satisfy and which to disappoint.  As you said, the party included a member of the Bush campaign which implies the other party was a higher dollar table.  If the staff knew who was in the party they would not want to disappoint a person with that level of influence.

Your anecdote is not an example of political discrimination.  It's yet another example of how money talks and !@# walks

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, Buftex said:

Azlain..my day job, i work with nothing but Trump supporters...no issues...hell, hou and i have probably watched a Bills game together at a Bills bar a time or two. 

You're right - we probably have watched a game or two together in the past. I have no doubt that you're a decent guy, and I'm sure we'd get along just fine. I only mean to say that the anti-Trump crowd here is beyond vociferous, and that any such gathering I've seen (I work downtown at 9th and Colorado, with the Governor's Mansion right next door in one direction, and the Capitol building directly adjacent) is rife with a bitterness and hyperbole that I am unaccustomed to. The right has their fair share of idiots to be sure, and I encounter them as well, but they do not compare in numbers or vitriol to what I have encountered here in Austin from the left in general.

• Like (+1) 1

It's not civilized... If you get banned, it should be for breaking rules, or doing something wrong... Why did we bother getting rid of segregation if this is where we ended up?

• Like (+1) 1

There is not much point in trying to keep up with the Liberal Outrages of the Day.

They come too fast and furiously; it would be a full-time job, and more. But yesterday’s peak outrage is one you probably already know about: the manager of a Red Hen restaurant kicked Sarah Sanders and her family out of her establishment last night. Sanders tweeted about it:

Last night I was told by the owner of Red Hen in Lexington, VA to leave because I work for @POTUS and I politely left. Her actions say far more about her than about me. I always do my best to treat people, including those I disagree with, respectfully and will continue to do so

And the manager boasted of her intolerably rude (and economically irrational) treatment of Sanders’ family on social media.

Remember when Republican restaurant owners wouldn’t let Obama administration employees eat in their restaurants? No, I don’t recall that either.

I only have two observations about the Red Hen outrage: 1) We don’t have Red Hen restaurants in our part of the country, or I would boycott them. 2) I hope Republicans are taking notes. One of these days, we will have a Democratic administration. And when that happens, every single outrage that the Democrats have perpetrated beginning in January 2017 should be visited upon them.

Republicans should be moderate, though. We shouldn’t heed the words of an extremist who enjoined us to “punch back twice as hard.” Giving the Democrats back equal measure will be enough.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archives/2018/06/she-should-have-asked-them-to-bake-her-a-cake.php

She will be out of business within the year. She's now made herself a magnet for Trump supporters, and not the calm, let's have a civil debate sort.

I think the hate for Sarah Sanders is a bit ironic. Smart woman, in a position of power, and those that spent decades complaining how there aren't any women in power....unhappier than ever. Woman on woman crime. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, dpberr said:

She will be out of business within the year. She's now made herself a magnet for Trump supporters, and not the calm, let's have a civil debate sort.

I think the hate for Sarah Sanders is a bit ironic. Smart woman, in a position of power, and those that spent decades complaining how there aren't any women in power....unhappier than ever. Woman on woman crime. Go figure.

Yes but women who aren't Democrats can't really claim to be women.  There's a special place in Hell for women who didn't support Hillary, or so I've heard

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Yes but women who aren't Democrats can't really claim to be women.  There's a special place in Hell for women who didn't support Hillary, or so I've heard

Until Hillary chooses to support Cuomo over Cynthia Nixon.

29 minutes ago, B-Man said:

iRepublicans should be moderate, though. We shouldn’t heed the words of an extremist who enjoined us to “punch back twice as hard.” Giving the Democrats back equal measure will be enough.

So, let's B word about how classless this restaurant owner is and return the favor when the situation is reversed?

Nice hypocrisy.  How about leading by example and showing more class than this?  We're all supposed to be mature adults.  Don't go eat there to protest and let's see if they can stay in business.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buftex said:

Probably not willingly.  Or knowingly.

****, I wouldn't even make it to opening kickoff trying to watch a game with a Trump or Clinton supporter.

14 minutes ago, GaryPinC said:

Until Hillary chooses to support Cuomo over Cynthia Nixon.

So, let's B word about how classless this restaurant owner is and return the favor when the situation is reversed?

Nice hypocrisy.  How about leading by example and showing more class than this?  We're all supposed to be mature adults.  Don't go eat there to protest and let's see if they can stay in business.

We're Nazis, we don't have any class.

1 hour ago, dpberr said:

I'm guessing the restaurant will see a short term spike in business, but this will hurt them in the long run.

I'm not a fan of Sanders as her flippant attitude and arrogance is off-putting, but not serving her is absolutely ridiculous.  I don't like some of my in-laws, but still invite them to family parties.

4 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

I'm guessing the restaurant will see a short term spike in business, but this will hurt them in the long run.

I'm not a fan of Sanders as her flippant attitude and arrogance is off-putting, but not serving her is absolutely ridiculous.  I don't like some of my in-laws, but still invite them to family parties.

Unless Twitter likes count as currency, I doubt they see any spike at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Sarah should absolutely be allowed to knock down 6 grand slam breakfasts, 5 chocolate shakes, 8 stacks of pancakes, 26 slices of butter soaked toast, 24 waffles, and 15 cokes in peace. That restaurant probably lost out on a 2400 dollar tab. Not including what the rest of her group would have spent. The bill probably would have pushed 10g's if Captain Cheeseburger had been there.

Edited by THEHARDTRUTH
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

1 minute ago, BringBackOrton said:

Unless Twitter likes count as currency, I doubt they see any spike at all.

Like I mentioned earlier, this will generate some favorable social media buzz from Leftists but it will not generate any new business. 

The end result will be a negative as conservative leaning customers will scratch the establishment off their list and apolitical customers will avoid an establishment with a reputation for harassing it's customers.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Sarah should absolutely be allowed to knock down 6 grand slam breakfasts, 5 chocolate shakes, 8 stacks of pancakes, 26 slices of butter soaked toast, 24 waffles, and 15 cokes in peace. That restaurant probably lost out on a 2400 dollar tab. Not including what the rest of her group would have spent.

b1d952351158ed46aac8be8471223b3b.jpg

6 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Sarah should absolutely be allowed to knock down 6 grand slam breakfasts, 5 chocolate shakes, 8 stacks of pancakes, 26 slices of butter soaked toast, 24 waffles, and 15 cokes in peace. That restaurant probably lost out on a 2400 dollar tab. Not including what the rest of her group would have spent. The bill probably would have pushed 10g's if Captain Cheeseburger had been there.

Do less.