Jump to content
YoloinOhio

How to Watch NFL Game Film: Micah Hyde INT vs Atlanta

Recommended Posts

This is really cool film breakdown of Hyde’s 3rd qtr INT (and the whole Bills secondary and what they were doing on the play) ... it shows how instinctive he is. The analyst called it “psychic”

 

 

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pretty cool film man! Thanks for sharing!

 

Micah Hyde is a boss & i'm pretty excited to see what our secondary can do this year..

 

GO BILLS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can see why McD went after him immediately when he was a FA. His instincts/intelligence. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice breakdown.  All of it makes sense when broken down like that.  It gives me a glimmer of what is going on in a pro-athlete's head at times.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus Christ that kid is wordy.  But a fun film to watch.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, eball said:

Jesus Christ that kid is wordy.  But a fun film to watch.

Ha, I should have warned about the beginning 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is really cool film breakdown of Hyde’s 3rd qtr INT (and the whole Bills secondary and what they were doing on the play) ... it shows how instinctive he is. The analyst called it “psychic”

 

 

no way. according to some here, unless your a coach, you don't know what you are seeing on film.

 

as if it was right on queue or something... see below.

 

Edited by Foxx

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Capco said:

Nice breakdown.  All of it makes sense when broken down like that.  It gives me a glimmer of what is going on in a pro-athlete's head at times.  

Quite cool. Thanks.  

 

I don't trust amateur experts like this, but his analysis is right on.  It's particularly interesting that he noticed that both Gaines and White were confused on the play.  Also cool that Ryan trusted the play design and believed that Hyde would run himself out of the play.  He threw to th spot that Hyde shoukd have vacated. Also cool to watch 52 bite on the play fake then turn and find the guy cutting to the left sideline.  Ryan was supposed to throw to that guy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s a guy who loves what he does! It’s a great watch after he gets past his gushing. I’m happy for anyone who gets to do something they love so much.....and then I learn something? Win/win! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was about as good of a breakdown from an "amateur" as you're going to find. 

 

Thanks for posting this YOLO. I'm going to give this guy a follow. Good for him for pursuing a dream, and good for his wife for her patience and faith and in him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

WOW! That was really a pleasure to watch. Hyde is pretty damn good. This break down was amazing. Thanks for posting

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eball said:

Jesus Christ that kid is wordy.  But a fun film to watch.

He was wordy, but he wasn't boring.

 

Neat analysis. Can't wait to see our secondary this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's an awesome video. This is why I love football. There is so much strategy that goes into play design and trying to predict variables to get an edge. And you can get it completely right, but still throw and INT because of one oposing player's instincts. Awesome stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love this breakdown. Might have to subscribe to this dude. Good stuff. Kudos to his wife for allowing this fine work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, unbillievable said:

 

Great breakdown of Edmunds.  Hopefully our coaches have been working hard on these fundamentals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is really cool film breakdown of Hyde’s 3rd qtr INT (and the whole Bills secondary and what they were doing on the play) ... it shows how instinctive he is. The analyst called it “psychic”

 

 

Great stuff Yolo, thanks for posting. For amateurs, I agree, it’s s nice “how to” in terms of some things to key on when we look at game video. I hope some day a head coach, position coach, or scout, etc., will put together a tutorial on how they break it down. It’s a fascinating and entirely different animal and I think that perspective would be interesting to know more about. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Great stuff Yolo, thanks for posting. For amateurs, I agree, it’s s nice “how to” in terms of some things to key on when we look at game video. I hope some day a head coach, position coach, or scout, etc., will put together a tutorial on how they break it down. It’s a fascinating and entirely different animal and I think that perspective would be interesting to know more about. 

 

The biggest takeaway for me was understanding just how many times these  guys must have to watch a play in order to determine play calls, progressions, DL fits, coverages, etc.  Then I get to thinking about the QC guys who's responsibility it is to track the number of plays that an opponent runs in each scheme/coverage/etc...QC = the most underappreciated members of the staff.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

The biggest takeaway for me was understanding just how many times these  guys must have to watch a play in order to determine play calls, progressions, DL fits, coverages, etc.  Then I get to thinking about the QC guys who's responsibility it is to track the number of plays that an opponent runs in each scheme/coverage/etc...QC = the most underappreciated members of the staff.

It’s mind boggling the degree to which things are broken down, bordering on obsessive. Quite agree about QC guys. Lots of long days spent aggregating and catalogueing info compiled by others’ own video breakdowns as well as their own. That would be another good story to hear, too; a “day in the life of” kind of thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

 

The biggest takeaway for me was understanding just how many times these  guys must have to watch a play in order to determine play calls, progressions, DL fits, coverages, etc.  Then I get to thinking about the QC guys who's responsibility it is to track the number of plays that an opponent runs in each scheme/coverage/etc...QC = the most underappreciated members of the staff.

There was a former NFL player who took a QC job and detailed how much it sucked. Maybe it was Welker?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Micah is a just so solid.  Should have been safety all along.  Was interesting the packers played him mostly as a nickel and KR as I recall 

 

Despite being an untouted athlete, he was in the pocket of a 4.3 WR as soon as he picked him up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 3:59 PM, YoloinOhio said:

I can see why McD went after him immediately when he was a FA. His instincts/intelligence. 

 

Def agree.

A lot of people had him as an under the radar very good FA when he became available.

He was behind clinton-dix on their depth chart so I'm not surprised they let Hyde walk, they are both very good, so tough call for the Packers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2018 at 4:48 PM, Shaw66 said:

Quite cool. Thanks.  

 

I don't trust amateur experts like this, but his analysis is right on.  It's particularly interesting that he noticed that both Gaines and White were confused on the play.  Also cool that Ryan trusted the play design and believed that Hyde would run himself out of the play.  He threw to th spot that Hyde shoukd have vacated. Also cool to watch 52 bite on the play fake then turn and find the guy cutting to the left sideline.  Ryan was supposed to throw to that guy. 

 

it's one good way to learn

 

the announcers tell me nothing more than i just saw with my own eyes on the TV screen

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×