Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

Ive changed my mind a few times over the past month, but I think they go with Peterman Week 1..

Im not down on Allen at all, and think that his play his preseason has been above my expectations, but I don't see what putting him out there to cop a beating for the first month or so will achieve...

Hopefully the OL looks a bit better around Week 7 or so and you can bring him in then for the rest of the year...

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Ive changed my mind a few times over the past month, but I think they go with Peterman Week 1..

Im not down on Allen at all, and think that his play his preseason has been above my expectations, but I don't see what putting him out there to cop a beating for the first month or so will achieve...

Hopefully the OL looks a bit better around Week 7 or so and you can bring him in then for the rest of the year...

Mostly agree but i do not think this line will improve in the pass blocking. I think we have a bunch of maulers who love smashing a defensive player but who can not back pedal and plant properly. I fear for a qb who can get get to the line of scrimmage and decide where ball is going before snap 90% of time. Peterman is right now a better fit for the talent on this team.

17 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

How many 1st team defenses has Peterman seen so far ? 

Even Tom Brady would've been crushed behind that pathetic excuse for an OL today. 

With that being said, I'm in favor of either McCarron or Peterman in Game 1. Allen needs a year or maybe more. 

McDermott is lucky Allen didn't get a concussion on that one play. 

First time opening this thread as well.  Wouldn't have anticipated the McCarron injury.

Anyway I'd start Peterman and just let him chuck it all over the place.  I figure even if he throws 5 INT's again he's not the future here.  Really don't want to see Allen's confidence shot and or take beatings like today.  Like it or not he's a valuable asset to protect

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Another Fan said:

First time opening this thread as well.  Wouldn't have anticipated the McCarron injury.

Anyway I'd start Peterman and just let him chuck it all over the place.  I figure even if he throws 5 INT's again he's not the future here.  Really don't want to see Allen's confidence shot and or take beatings like today.  Like it or not he's a valuable asset to protect

i think whoever we put in should NOT be throwing it all over the yard. Establish the run game and play ball control.  Let the D do it's thing and capitalize on TOs.  I believe that to be the process.

I partially blame the coaches for the Nasty Nate Chargers debacle. Bring a rookie QB in on the road against a strong pass rush and have him throw it all over the yard. Especially after the 3 play all run play drive to put us back in the lead.

Edited by reddogblitz

Nathan Peterman is super impressive. He put in the work. He earned it. I was wrong as well in the "Get Ready for the Peterman Era" thread. Josh Allen will have to sit down and watch Nasty Nate light it up. Sucks for Josh Allen fans.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Nathan Peterman is super impressive. He put in the work. He earned it. I was wrong as well in the "Get Ready for the Peterman Era" thread. Josh Allen will have to sit down and watch Nasty Nate light it up. Sucks for Josh Allen fans.

Just look at these stats. These guys are gonna light it up too: National Football League Stats - by Player Category | NFL.com  ;)

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Just look at these stats. These guys are gonna light it up too: National Football League Stats - by Player Category | NFL.com  ;)

Josh Allen is at number 50 when sorted by total yards at the moment. Doesn't look good right now for him. Allen can still start though. You have the video game called "Madden" anywhere? You can start him there.

I sort by, AS OF RIGHT NOW,  total yards, QB rating, total completions, touchdowns, and completion percentage and Nasty Nate is on the top 10 for all of those categories. Super impressive.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

5 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Josh Allen is at number 50 when sorted by total yards at the moment. Doesn't look good right now for him. Allen can still start though. You have the video game called "Madden" anywhere? You can start him there.

I sort by, AS OF RIGHT NOW,  total yards, QB rating, total completions, touchdowns, and completion percentage and Nasty Nate is on the top 10 for all of those categories. Super impressive.

:lol: at basing anything on preseason stats.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, major said:

Time to admit I was wrong- for all my peterman jabs over the past few months. He deserves to start week one and I hope he does well the entire season 

props to you my man. ....although i'm willing to bet you're the only one with the stones to fan up and admit it.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

i stand corrected.

54 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

props to you my man. ....although i'm willing to bet you're the only one with the stones to fan up and admit it.

i stand corrected.

So what happens if Peterman starts next week and gets decimated behind this sad line?

Asking for a friend.

27 minutes ago, SouthNYfan said:

So what happens if Peterman starts next week and gets decimated behind this sad line?

Asking for a friend.

assuming you mean against the ravens....well he's the guy who gets the ball out in 2 seconds or less,  so hopefully we have a shot.  even if he gets k.o.'d,

we would have to throw a.j. in.  i do not want to see allen taking a beating.

on the flipside...what if he gets a w in balt. and then puts on a clinic at home and beats LA?  that would be frigging awesome....

Edited by billsredneck1

21 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

assuming you mean against the ravens....well he's the guy who gets the ball out in 2 seconds or less,  so hopefully we have a shot.  even if he gets k.o.'d,

we would have to throw a.j. in.  i do not want to see allen taking a beating.

on the flipside...what if he gets a w in balt. and then puts on a clinic at home and beats LA?  that would be frigging awesome....

No.

I actually did mean next week.

The next preseason game.

We still have anything to game to play 

Why would you assume I meant against the Ravens?

Whomever starts behind this sack of sh*t line is going to get murdered.

Allen didn't even have 2 seconds to get the ball off most of the plays.

(For the record I have said this repeatedly that I think np should start the season, since I don't want Allen to get annihilated against those dlines early on, but I refuse to act like I think np is a better QB than Allen)