Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

13 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No one ever wants the backup to play.

I would disagree with this. The QB that has never played is usually the most popular guy on the team.  Fans wanted Frank to start. Cowboy fans wanted Hogeboom to start. Bills fans wanted Nasty Nate to start last year ..  On and on ...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

I have tried to get a response from someone for almost a year now on what QB could have done good in that game against the Chargers. I still have yet to get anything from anyone.

There were several players who pouted after Tyrod was benched. Then it looked like the whole team blatantly sabotaged Peterman.

Use this video as a reference and tell me what even Tom Brady would've done in that game. There were no receivers open. Peterman was getting drilled in a second from both sides on most of the plays. No QB could've done anything under those circumstances. The guy who made the video has awful commentary by the way.

I found this video sometime after that game happened. I liked this guys breakdown of the situation. Peterman gets some credit for some good plays and attempting to do things. Peterman also gets some criticism on some plays. 

I wouldn't say Peterman was sabotaged. I would say he was thrown into a tough situation. I think he tried to do to much and got embarrassed. His second game was fine and he still did a rookie thing diving head first. 

The one thing his haters won't see is that he risked himself looking bad trying to be an overachiever. He isn't that bad at passing to enter every game and throw 5 interceptions in a half. People jump all over the chargers game but it is the only game they have. They don't talk much about his next game. It wasn't 5 interception bad and he contributed to the win and played in a blizzard.

Its kind of sad that Nate Peterman won't get credit for the good he has done. People become to hyper focused on the bad. It was one game. It was his starting debut. It was a fluke. 

I also believe McDermott doesn't hang onto players he doesn't have a use for. Peterman has a value to the team. 

Edited by Lfod

15 minutes ago, Lfod said:

Its kind of sad that Nate Peterman won't get credit for the good he has done.

are you new to NFL football?  Is this your first rodeo? How much credit does Hotrod get for the good things he Did? Fitz? Flutie?

22 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

I would disagree with this. The QB that has never played is usually the most popular guy on the team.  Fans wanted Frank to start. Cowboy fans wanted Hogeboom to start. Bills fans wanted Nasty Nate to start last year ..  On and on ...

Sorry, I should have prefaced that with a ‘no reasonable fan of a team with a viable Franchise QB...’

2 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

No one ever wants the backup to play.

I hope Allen has Favre-like durability and toughness so that whoever our backup QB is will be fine. :thumbsup:

i hope you realize reddog is bringing your side down.....he will diss anyone not named tyrd....tierod...toorod , tuhrod  whatever it is.......everybody play da foo....

5 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

if i may..genius football guru, what makes you think that balt. won't stack the box to stop the run?....then bring the heat on josh and make THE ROOKIE beat them with his arm...and try to get some ducks thrown?  you really are ahead of the curve.

as soon as they see josh, oh they will back off and play 2 deep and hope to press man at the line.  they will/better play it safe....ok.  hopefully the chargers take a page out of that book.?

i figured i better edit this and give the credit to steve tasker for making this point on one bills live....but what does he know right? him and that gigundus helmet

....lol?

Huh?  I specifically spoke about your terrible comments about the Chargers game and you somehow made it about Josh Allen and Balt?  And news flash, NP has 52 career passes with 6 INTs and 3 fumbles.  He is no seasoned vet, he’s still a young QB with little experience himself, and what little experience he’s had, he has been awful under pressure and can’t use 30% of the field effectively because he is a liability on throwing to the sidelines from the pocket.

It utterly comical if you think NP/Allen vs Balt is a similar scenario as TT/NP vs Chargers in terms of whether or not they will bring the House at the QB.  They are gonna bring the House at BOTH Allen or NP week 1 because one is a rookie and the other barely has 1 game of football on his resume and has been awful under pressure.

I stand my original assessment of your posts even though you responded about something that wasn’t even being discussed in my post. 

4 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

i hope you realize reddog is bringing your side down.....he will diss anyone not named tyrd....tierod...toorod , tuhrod  whatever it is.......everybody play da foo....

Huh? What's "my side?"

I think he's pretty accurate with regard to his feelings about Peterman, but I'm sure there are plenty of other QBs reddog would feel good about. Peterman has just done nothing to earn feelings of comfort at the QB position. I think it's unfathomable that someone earlier actually said they'd be 100% comfortable if he's the starter.

12 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

This offseason, I have come to the vague conclusion, that along with Nathan Peterman (a known commodity, that we've known sucks), AJ McCarron also sucks.

That rings true.  

Im hoping the Bills sack count goes down and more passes are made and that INTs are at a minimum.  

9 minutes ago, suorangefan4 said:

Preseason week 1 winner: Peterman

Preseason week 2 winner: Peterman

Preseason week 3 winner: Peterman

It's crazy to hear the announcers during and end of game say that McCarron will and should start, followed by Allen?

Peterman has 3TD, 430yds and a 82% completion percentage over 4 or 5 qtrs of play.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

It's crazy to hear the announcers during and end of game say the McCarron will and should start, followed by Allen?

Peterman has 3TD, 430yds and a 82% completion percentage over 4 or 5 qtrs of play.

Yeah Charles Davis looked like a fool saying that

2 minutes ago, Real McCoy said:

It's crazy to hear the announcers during and end of game say the McCarron will and should start, followed by Allen?

It shows how much they actually pay attention to the games they call