Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The !@#$ing deep-out again.  I swear to god, it's been mentioned more in this thread than in the entirety of human history. I had no idea a 10 yard sideline pass was the holy grail of sports. Why even bother with a playbook, just run deep outs all game and may the best QB win.

Every route he can't throw makes it easier on the defense. His very first throw was an easy pick-6 if the defender wasn't an inevitable cut.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Peterman's NFL stats consist of a sub 50% completion and a 3-1 interception to touchdown ratio. He's thrown as many touchdowns to his own players as he has to the opposing team. He looked good last year in preseason as well.

The difference between him and Allen is I see Allen creating plays. I just don't see it from Peterman. He also nearly threw yet another pick six in the Cleveland game and he's unable to create once the pocket breaks down.

And judging from the starting offensive line so far, that's going to be an absolute deal breaker this year.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

That was Tasker who is always wrong. Just do yourself a favor and look at the play yourself. There are three total receivers to the right and three total defenders. To the left there is the safety and more defenders than receivers. Unless you want to give Peterman credit for being able to count to four, there was no sleuthing going on when he was reading the defense. If you go watch the play and come back here and try to explain why that was some really smart play it will be embarrassing. That was the only play. As soon as Peterman dropped back instantly he saw O'Leary's guy blitzing and O'Leary completely uncovered. It was a high school play. 

For an eight year old

For an eight year old. 

Then I take it that you are 7 or less years of age, that's clearly what recognition is, or at least a perfect example of it.

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

The !@#$ing deep-out again.  I swear to god, it's been mentioned more in this thread than in the entirety of human history. I had no idea a 10 yard sideline pass was the holy grail of sports. Why even bother with a playbook, just run deep outs all game and may the best QB win.

Man you are really working on this years “worst QB analysis” poster.  Not being able to effectively throw an out takes away about 30% of the field.  If you can’t understand the problem with that, then you should just never post about a QB again.

By the way, NP is the only Bills QB to turn the ball over this preseason, and he threw a pick 6 on an out to a guy who won’t even be on a roster in 2 weeks on his first pass Sunday...but it was dropped because that guys sucks.

NPs TD was another bad throw that almost cost the Bills a TD...but Nick broke a tackle to save the TD.  He was so open on broken coverage that my Mom could have thrown that TD and nick still walk in untouched.  But he threw it slow and behind Nick so he had to wait for it allowing the defender that was a mile away close on him.  But again, the crappy defender who likely will never play a regular season snap this year couldn’t make the play as Nick broke the tackle.

You are literally approaching Dog14787 status right now with your romantic crush on NP.

My favorite non sense from you is your complete lack of understanding how much it matters he can’t throw outside well enough at the NFL level.  Then again, maybe my actual favorite nonsense is how you over exaggerate the FIRST DRIVE of the first NFL preseason against a vanilla D no QB will ever see in a regular season game ever.   Then you grossly over exaggerate Josh Allen’s first NFL action in his whole career to be negative while also ignoring all real factors that played into that comp %.

I could keep pointing your totally biased analysis aimed at propping up NP and down grading Allen, but this would be about 25 paragraphs long, so I will just stop right here.

And I have nothing against NP, but I am being realistic about what he has shown rather than trying to score a date and have a baby with him like some people here.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Then I take it that you are 7 or less years of age, that's clearly what recognition is, or at least a perfect example of it.

So you don't think that 100 out of 100 NFL quarterbacks would have looked at that defense Peterman was faced with, saw a safety and two defenders on two of our guys to the left, and saw only three defenders and no safety on our three receivers to the right, and wouldn't have immediately looked right, you know, where there were three single coverage guys, and seen one of them immediately rush, leaving his man wide open five yards down the field? That was some brilliant recognition?!! Watch the damn play. It's Pop Warner league stuff. You guys are embarrassing yourselves. 

35 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man you are really working on this years “worst QB analysis” poster.  Not being able to effectively throw an out takes away about 30% of the field.  If you can’t understand the problem with that, then you should just never post about a QB again.

By the way, NP is the only Bills QB to turn the ball over this preseason, and he threw a pick 6 on an out to a guy who won’t even be on a roster in 2 weeks on his first pass Sunday...but it was dropped because that guys sucks.

NPs TD was another bad throw that almost cost the Bills a TD...but Nick broke a tackle to save the TD.  He was so open on broken coverage that my Mom could have thrown that TD and nick still walk in untouched.  But he threw it slow and behind Nick so he had to wait for it allowing the defender that was a mile away close on him.  But again, the crappy defender who likely will never play a regular season snap this year couldn’t make the play as Nick broke the tackle.

You are literally approaching Dog14787 status right now with your romantic crush on NP.

My favorite non sense from you is your complete lack of understanding how much it matters he can’t throw outside well enough at the NFL level.  Then again, maybe my actual favorite nonsense is how you over exaggerate the FIRST DRIVE of the first NFL preseason against a vanilla D no QB will ever see in a regular season game ever.   Then you grossly over exaggerate Josh Allen’s first NFL action in his whole career to be negative while also ignoring all real factors that played into that comp %.

I could keep pointing your totally biased analysis aimed at propping up NP and down grading Allen, but this would be about 25 paragraphs long, so I will just stop right here.

And I have nothing against NP, but I am being realistic about what he has shown rather than trying to score a date and have a baby with him like some people here.

Cmon dawg.  If you got 25 paragraphs, keep on punching those keys.  I am a lifelong learner, and I would like to hear more about why Peterman can't, and why so many have a bro crush on NP.  

42 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Man you are really working on this years “worst QB analysis” poster.  Not being able to effectively throw an out takes away about 30 to 40% of the field.  If you can’t understand the problem with that, then you should just never post about a QB again.

By the way, NP is the ONLY Bills QB to turn the ball over this preseason, and he threw a pick 6 to a guy who won’t even be on a roster in 2 weeks on his first pass Sunday...but it was dropped because that guys sucks.

I could keep pointing your totally biased nonsense, inaccurate analysis, and just outright ridiculosus statements.  But this would be about 25 paragraphs long, so I will just stop right here.

Yawn. You've proven over and over again your incapable or unwilling to acknowledge the most basic principles of facts if they don't fit your agenda. An out route is one of dozens of routes available. Obviously the coaches are comfortable with his ability to handle it, otherwise he wouldn't be on the team. If they decide there are better routes for him, they'll run those instead. Nobody ever lambasted Peyton Manning because he didn't execute the best naked bootleg.

I don't expect any of you to acknowledge you were wrong when Allen's holding a clipboard week 1. I just expect more logical fallacies, excuses, and personal attacks until everyone forgets this was even a discussion.

Edited by BullBuchanan

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I've said, and I'll stick to it, that whoever gives us the best chance to win should start at qb. Having said that, if Allen had Peterman's stats this pre season, people would be crowning him the next Brady. If Peterman never started that Chargers game last year and had the same stats this pre season, people would be in love with him. That Chargers game left an un healable scar for alot of fans. I'm convinced at this point that there is absolutely nothing Peterman could do that would change some fans minds 

"If ifs and buts were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas." - - Don Meredith

Are you willing to give Hotrod credit for a 2 Int season last Year since half of his picks bounced off of Clay's hands?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Lfod said:

I seen Peterman avoid pressure and make a nice throw to Kelvin Benjamin on the sideline. I seen the line getting pushed back on his drives but his quick pass negated it. 

Then I seen AJ get destroyed and I didn't think he played great in his first game. 

I'll tell you something, Josh Allen is looking good buddy. Just Peterman isn't so bad or lucky. He gets the job done and it's adequate. 

Adequate?

I won't even quibble with whether I agree or disagree about the other stuff--or the very use of the phrase "I seen" in any context-- but implying adequate is anything we'd be fine with at QB after pushing at-least-adequate out the door in the offseason in order to upgrade on at-least-adequate is very strange logic.

tenor.gif?itemid=7744111

2 hours ago, BullBuchanan said:

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/sean-mcdermott-a-step-in-the-right-direction

1:27 Tells me all I need to know about McDermott's thought process. "He made the guys around him better". Before the game he said he wanted to see if Nate could elevate the guys around him. The fact that NP came in with he 3rd unit in the second Half told me it was likely he was trying to cement his choice about who should be #1 by seeing if NP could command a bunch of guys that wouldn't be on the team. McCarron and Josh Allen were auditioning for #2 unless NP fell apart.

tenor.gif?itemid=3440036

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I suppose I was having trouble understanding your wild assumption. I mean you came up with a reason why he was with the 3s but it didn't really make a lot of sense. From what I've been seeing the contest between AJ and Peterman was pretty neck and neck and it was AJ's turn in game 2. So that left the 2s and 3s but Allen had done well and people wanted to see him with and against better players so he got the 2s. That left the 3s for Peterman which seeing if he could elevate them any is about all you could look for with them.

Didn't the announcers tell you that  McD wanted to see whether or not Peterman could elevate the 3rd string players to a level above themselves before Peterman  was on the field.? If you knew anything about football you would know that coaches rely on leaders that can " rally the troops " as they say.

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

You lost me at "Brah".

I think this actually serves as a window into your reality.

We're halfway through the Preseason!!! Predict who wins the starting QB job for Week 1

Multiple exclamation points ???

Check.

Those numbers do in fact reflect reality...brah.

Window into my reality, huh?

What reality do you think that is?

I bet you're wrong.

The rest of that post makes no sense... so that means you're entire post makes no sense...

Good talk, breh (hint, hint... :flirt:)

47 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Yawn. You've proven over and over again your incapable or unwilling to acknowledge the most basic principles of facts if they don't fit your agenda. An out route is one of dozens of routes available. Obviously the coaches are comfortable with his ability to handle it, otherwise he wouldn't be on the team. If they decide there are better routes for him, they'll run those instead. Nobody ever lambasted Peyton Manning because he didn't execute the best naked bootleg.

I don't expect any of you to acknowledge you were wrong when Allen's holding a clipboard week 1. I just expect more logical fallacies, excuses, and personal attacks until everyone forgets this was even a discussion.

The bigger question is, if Allen starts, where will you be? Bet you won't be admitting you were wrong either.

The facts on Peterman. Sub 50% completion percentage. 3-1 INT to TD ratio. And that's in the NFL. That isn't college stats. He looked good in preseason last year too. So much so that they benched Tyrod for him to start against the Chargers. This is the same old song and dance as last year. He threw a pick in the Carolina game, almost a pick six in the Cleveland game.

That's a pattern.

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

There is an interview with Micah Hyde where he talks about Allen playing with the 1s today as well.

Yeah all the interviews today were indicators the competition is ongoing... not finished despite some wacky theories that Friday's game cemented Peterman as the starter already.

They're likely to "rotate" as the media is there, but since all practices and 11 on 11s are now closed to the media, I also think McDermott might be using that to his advantage as far as the element of surprise for week 1. 

I bet Allen gets his first team reps for the first time next Sunday. I'll be curious if McDermott holds out in naming the starter beyond that.

15 minutes ago, Wily Dog said:

Didn't the announcers tell you that  McD wanted to see whether or not Peterman could elevate the 3rd string players to a level above themselves before Peterman  was on the field.? If you knew anything about football you would know that coaches rely on leaders that can " rally the troops " as they say.

I agreed that was the only thing they could learn from him playing with the 3s. I was disagreeing with that being the reason he was playing with them instead of it being the only space left after AJ got the 1s and Allen the 2s.

8 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yeah all the interviews today were indicators the competition is ongoing... not finished despite some wacky theories that Friday's game cemented Peterman as the starter already.

They're likely to "rotate" as the media is there, but since all practices and 11 on 11s are now closed to the media, I also think McDermott might be using that to his advantage as far as the element of surprise for week 1. 

I bet Allen gets his first team reps for the first time next Sunday. I'll be curious if McDermott holds out in naming the starter beyond that.

he got first team reps friday night. albeit not a lot but he did get some.

Edited by Foxx

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I agreed that was the only thing they could learn from him playing with the 3s. I was disagreeing with that being the reason he was playing with them instead of it being the only space left after AJ got the 1s and Allen the 2s.

That was the plan before the game . McCarron with the ones. Allen with the two's and Peterman with the three's. McCarron failed , Allen did great and Peterman fulfilled what McD wanted from him. so what"s the beef?