Prediction: Nathan Peterman Bills Starting QB Wk. 1 vs. Ravens

7 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

If he is the Bills starter, there is no question he will be the worst starting QB in the NFL week 1.  No one else is as close to as bad. 

By no presence, I mean he establishes zero fear in a single defender. No defense in the NFL needs to adjust any aspect of their game to account for him.  He is not an NFL starting caliber QB. 

I think this is probably all true, except for the bolded, (and I would say that "no one else is as close to as bad" is probably an overstatement). Defenses will adjust for him.

Edited by Rocky Landing

6 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

If he is the Bills starter, there is no question he will be the worst starting QB in the NFL week 1.  No one else is as close to as bad. 

By no presence, I mean he establishes zero fear in a single defender. No defense in the NFL needs to adjust any aspect of their game to account for him.  He is not an NFL starting caliber QB. 

Name one thing he does that is above average among NFL starting QBs.  If you are below average at something, it is not a strength.  Nothing he does is above average.  Therefore nothing is a strength. 

I can readily name one above average thing .  Nate throws interceptions at a rate much higher than the typical NFL QB. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

How do you know what Peterman has or hasn’t been asked to do in comparison to Allen?

For one,on Allen's first play from scrimmage the plAy call is a 60 yard  bomb.

l 'm still waiting for Nasty Nate's first bomb. 

2 hours ago, billsredneck1 said:

a certain  poster who is anti nate, keeps screaming from the rooftops that nathan has not/cannot/never will handle any pressure. well there's a good article that talks about every throw being out in under two seconds.  kellythepooch....pay attention here. UNDER 2 SECONDS.... if our line is so bad....you get where i'm going i hope.

also, there's another anti-nate narrative that he's a rhythm passer, a timing/system guy.....well duh and that seems to work for some guys quite well......brady, brees .....

i know josh is THE guy, but he's a rookie that we can afford to not start right away.

My anti-Nate narrative is that he's too weak-armed to be an NFL starting QB.

If Peterman and Allen were exactly as they are but Peterman also had Allen's arm strength... 

tenor.gif?itemid=4468321

But Peterman's arm strength is just so bad that it's to the point of being debilitating to the team.

4 hours ago, suorangefan4 said:

I'll repost this from another thread.

Allen had 3 scoring drives last night? They started at the CLE 41 yard line on one of them and the BUF 44 yard line the other. They didn't exactly go real far those drives and got a field goal each time.

The touchdown drive by Allen should've resulted in a punt early in the drive too. Allen ran for only 3 yards on 3rd and 13 but Carl Nassib took a really bad penalty to give them a new set of downs. 

Peterman also had what would've been 3 scoring drives. The TD drive. Another where the backup kicker missed a field goal. And one where the game expired where Peterman took them from their own 33 yard line to the CLE 18 yard line.

Peterman averaged 11.3 per pass attempt. Allen 4.6. Peterman was more efficient.

Watch it again. It was not the "facemask" penalty everyone keeps talking about. It was hands to the face just beyond the play that got the flag.

All that said I think the two are close. Im ready for the future

Edited by fansince88

1 hour ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Name one thing he does that is above average among NFL starting QBs.  If you are below average at something, it is not a strength.  Nothing he does is above average.  Therefore nothing is a strength. 

Based on what?

The Chargers' game from last year or is it the out route throw?

Assuming both are named starters...Nathan Peterman vs. Tyrod Taylor.

Right out the gate, I thought Peterman was better at going through his progressions and finding the open man than Taylor. 

That's kind of important.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

He was referring to the ages of Peterman and AJM.

How do you know what Peterman has or hasn’t been asked to do in comparison to Allen? Seems like you’re just speculating in an attempt to prop Allen up on some higher pedestal. Isn’t this speculative and conjecture stuff the kind of nonsense you would criticize so many people for doing to Tyrod? 

We all know Allen is the future. I don’t get why you feel the need to fight over scrubs like Peterman. Don’t be so insecure.

Not insecure.

Not fighting.

Talking.

And FWIW... I never used the word "scrub" for Peterman... you did...

BurpleBull and Bullbuchanon are watching :flirt:

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Not insecure.

Not fighting.

Talking.

And FWIW... I never used the word "scrub" for Peterman... you did...

BurpleBull and Bullbuchanon are watching :flirt:

Its okay if they are watching. Anyone with a fully functioning brain knows it’s just a matter of time before this is Allen’s team.

You seem very defensive (which I guess is normal for you) when it comes to Allen. His play on the field will speak for itself. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

24 vs 27??? :huh:

Okay... Allen is 22 vs 24, and he's already better than the 24 year old who has a year on him in the NFL.

Peterman's stats are are a fantastic example of why stats lie. His arm strength hasn't significantly improved, if it's improved at all, over last year. Without an absolutely dominant OL, Peterman will end up just getting eaten alive.

He's generally done what he's been asked to do, but he's not being asked to do much at all, whereas level of difficulty for Allen has been higher and he's been successful.

How do Peterman's stats reflect a false reality and what is that false reality?

Are you suggesting that more has been added onto Allen's plate than Peterman's by the coaches?

Edited by BurpleBull

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

How do Peterman's stats reflect a false reality and what is that false reality?

Are you suggesting that more has added onto Allen's plate than Peterman's by the coaches?

One way is throwing an easy 4 yard pass to a wide open TE that wasn't covered that Gerhard DeBeer could have easily completed and getting credit for a 35 yard TD. Another way is throwing a stupid 3 yard pass to a covered receiver on 3rd and 6 that counts as a completion to your great % but is a lousy decision and play. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

One way is throwing an easy 4 yard pass to a wide open TE that wasn't covered that Gerhard DeBeer could have easily completed and getting credit for a 35 yard TD. Another way is throwing a stupid 3 yard pass to a covered receiver on 3rd and 6 that counts as a completion to your great % but is a lousy decision and play. 

Are you faulting Peterman for recognizing the weakness and exploiting it?

Peterman located and exploited weaknesses versus the Panthers' 1st team defense. 

Is it his fault that he was out there against Bengals' third string defenders who made the job easier for him?

Was the 'stupid 3 yard pass' before or after he brought the team back through the air?

1 minute ago, BurpleBull said:

Are you faulting Peterman for recognizing the weakness and exploiting it?

Peterman located and exploited weaknesses versus the Panthers' 1st team defense. 

Is it his fault that he was out there against Bengals' third string defenders who made the job easier for him?

Was the 'stupid 3 yard pass' before or after he brought the team back through the air?

He didn't recognize and exploit weakness. It was an obvious easy play that every QB dressed in that game would have made. Watch it from the endzone. It was simple. 

There were three receivers to the right. The lone safety was to the left. He looked immediately right and saw no one covering Nick. It took no recognition whatsoever. 

29 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I was watching a highlight of the play earlier and this may be unknown to you but the announcer said 

Nate was smart enough to recognize the blown coverage and make a great play!

Saying everything good Nate does is pure luck is disingenuous to yourself and others who will listen.  

We all have to bide our time until Josh proves he is the unquestioned starter.   

Peterman may very well be the starter week 1. And irregardless of how well he may be performing at the moment, we know what the regular season will entail: Eight defenders in the box to stop Shady. A flat-footed Peterman missing targets. Passes tipped at the line. Peterman focused on the oncoming rush, and failing to look downfield. Peterman locking on to one target, and failing to go through his progressions. Peterman holding the ball far too long, exacerbating the blocking issues this unit already has, leading to avoidable sacks. Poor throws leading to receivers potentially being at risk of injury. And, of course, turnovers aplenty- interceptions, fumbles, etc..We've seen this crap before- Peterman is just another in a long-line of mediocrities the Bills have been trotting out since Todd Collins. The sooner Allen plays, the better. Who cares if they go 4-12; get Allen out there and let him learn.

33 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He didn't recognize and exploit weakness. It was an obvious easy play that every QB dressed in that game would have made. Watch it from the endzone. It was simple. 

There were three receivers to the right. The lone safety was to the left. He looked immediately right and saw no one covering Nick. It took no recognition whatsoever. 

This pretty much illustrates the recognition of a defensive weakness.

48 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I have no dog in this fight, but the 2nd sentence in bold would be the definition of recognition. Jus sayin.