Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

17 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

You're working off flawed assumptions.  They were united in the notion that the government should not be involved in the things you've listed.  They weren't united in the notion that they should be replaced with something, only that what was done was terrible, and needed to be dismantled.  Again, you're asking them to behave like Democrats.  They swept into power because the people agreed with them, that these things should be done away with.

Again, flawed assumption.  The United States was never party to the Paris Climate Accords because the last administration didn't work through the proper channels to become a signator to the treaty.  This was one more item in a list of failures of the Obama Presidency.  Ending this sham was a net positive for the American economy and for our sovereignty.

The deal was not preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.  It empowered the Mullahs, who did exactly as they pleased, oppressed their people, and continued the enrichment process.  This is documented.  You'll also likely find out, over the coming months and years, that a fair portion of the cash the President illegally gave to the Mullahs made in back into his own pocket in the form of a kickbacks.

You mean that they didn't take unConstitutional action to advance an unConstitutional law?  I'm sorry we don't live in the dictatorship you wish we did.  We live in a Constitutional republic.  As such, it's good when our leaders follow the Constitution.

Again, we don't live under a dictatorship.  We have a legal system through which our policy must be processed.  DACA was a gross overstep of executive powers.  It's a good thing when the government obeys the law.  I understand you have a problem with that, but I'm not interested in living under your dystopian dictatorship.  Don't like it?  Amend the Constitution and change the law. 

Again, Republicans are not Democrats.  They don't seek top down solutions enforced at the barrel of a gun.  The goal was to dismantle the things that were bad, and to force the government back into it's proper Constitutional role.

IE.  the Legislature is supposed to legislate

Yes, it is the responsibility of the Legislature to legislate.  It's not the Republican's fault that the Democrats declined to do so, and instead decided to govern illegally by fiat.  Perhaps had they done their jobs properly, instead of elevating President Obama to govern by decree, they wouldn't be having this problem.

The Legislature is supposed to legislate.  Democrats is Congress refuse to do so because they'll lose political cover and be run out of office.  It's easier to protect their fiefdoms that way.

That's exactly what it's been like for the past 40 years or so, which is why the current President is draining the swamp.  The children are finally back in their play pens, and the adults are back in charge.

I know it's hard, but please do your best to enjoy this era of prosperity.

It's great that there's the thumbs up button now, which saves a lot of typing,

Essentially Whitaker is upset that US no longer wishes to go along with the feckless polite society.  That society exists to take the US down a few notches, not for them to rise up to USA's level.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

DgUoMGkU0AEJG7q.jpg

"Mother looking for work, no asylum"

I think mother was probably unhappy in her marriage and running to another man. She brought the child who couldn't say "I want to go home" hoping the kid would give her a way into the US even though she was deported once before (so prison time for her return trip). 

That's my theory anyway.

• Like (+1) 2

On 6/15/2018 at 2:40 PM, Tiberius said:

It's not the law. Stop spitting out Trump lies, makes you look like a Trump cultist 

It is the law, and the 20 day turnaround was implemented and enforced by Barry to force ICE's hand. Get your head out of the sand.

10 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

It is the law, and the 20 day turnaround was implemented and enforced by Barry to force ICE's hand. Get your head out of the sand.

Tibs is just a bot that comes up with pointless blather attacking common sense

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Ok. While the house can work with a simple majority, the Senate requires 60 votes normally to bring a bill to vote. This does not reflect passage of the bill, as McCain showed with his cloture with the "skinny repeal" back in 2017.

Now, the Senate could A) find at least a partial workaround using a Reconciliation measure. This might offer a stop gap, if not true reform.

or B) but together a compromise that would be political poison pills to swallow by simply stonewalling. Such as, say, path to citizenship, congressional laws preventing the splitting of families, increased funding for border agents as opposed to the Wall...well, just saying no provides a bludgeon to beat the minority party with in the midterms.

Basically, if working together with their counterparts in the Senate (such as the compromise that was rejected, prompting the "shithole countries" incident), the Senate could propose a bill and put it in the House's court. Or, the House could work with members in the Senate to first obtain a compromise and then pass it. But, of course, this would require presidential approval, because it is doubtful enough of the disparate wings of Congress could get the two third majority.

Bringing something to pass in the House that dies in the Senate WOULD show obstructionism by Democrats, and that could be a rallying cry. 

I'm sorry...are you surprised that I have at least a basic understanding of legislative processes? 

I *am* rubbing salt in your eyes, because killing the compromise bill in the House is the best thing the Dems could ask for. It paints the Republicans as a majority that cant get it's sh*t together, the President as a man-child, and it completely relieves them of responsibility because they don't even have to meet their opposition halfway because their opposition can't stagger there themselves.

Really? Because he just tweeted that there was no point in it, and then turned to the midterms.

And again, his party introduces legislation in both houses.

What compromise was this?

11 hours ago, ALF said:

Trump says GOP should 'stop wasting their time on immigration' until after midterms

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said Friday Republicans should wait until after the November midterm elections to pass immigration legislation, undercutting Congress' ongoing efforts to pass a bill.

"Republicans should stop wasting their time on Immigration until after we elect more Senators and Congressmen/women in November," Trump tweeted. "Dems are just playing games, have no intention of doing anything to solves this decades old problem. We can pass great legislation after the Red Wave

Senate and House leaders have also been trying to find a bill that would end family separations at the border.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/22/politics/trump-immigration-midterms/index.html

I guess W and Congress were just playing games also

Nobody want to do anything about this until after the election.  It's too good of a campaign issue.  then they can shelve it until the primary season ramps up in 2019.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Nobody want to do anything about this until after the election.  It's too good of a campaign issue.  then they can shelve it until the primary season ramps up in 2019.

Plus democrats are hoping that by 2020 they can manage to cut medicaid and such, then

with luck they can kill off a few million stupid poor white Americans, because hey, every bit counts.

Edited by Albwan

The Political Bottom Line:  

President Donald Trump housed illegal immigrant children in fenced areas resembling cages.  President Barack Obama housed illegal immigrant children in fenced areas resembling cages.  Whether these illegal immigrant children were unaccompanied or separated from their parents is immaterial.  Without those chain link fences there's no story here.

And the Obama White House wanted caging illegal immigrant children "kept quiet" and the MSM mostly obliged.  But now that Trump did what Obama did the Democrats and MSM are freaking out.  But now the histrionics of the Democrats and MSM is starting to resemble AstroTurf.  This happens after a few days when things settle down and we see things for what they really are.

:oops:

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/17/2018 at 3:01 AM, OJ Tom said:

I'm hearing hysterical ranting from someone who is losing.

I’m unsure what you mean.

Back to the topic at hand - are you able to able to link an instance of an American child being caged due to an offense committed by his/her parent? 

Or were you too busy whatabouting?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Thurmal34 said:

Back to the topic at hand - are you able to able to link an instance of an American child being caged due to an offense committed by his/her parent? 

This isnt a very smart place to take your argument.

I'll give you a while to figure out why.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Thurmal34 said:

Actually American children are detained and held by non-relatives frequently - in foster homes.  In foster homes or in group foster homes the children of some incarcerated parents are housed and their movements are restricted by courts and the supervising adults - FOR YEARS.  Even worse is that incarcerated parents can be ruled as unfit parents with no rights to resume parenting their children upon their release.  Even worse some of these kids are then adopted by the foster parents and the biological parent may then have no right to visit their children until they are adults.  The courts rule based on what they feel is best for the children. 

Similarly courts have determined that children entering our country illegally with adults are best supervised in relatively comfortable detention areas, not able to roam freely or unsupervised and not in a cell with the adult criminals. 

Edited by keepthefaith
  • Like (+1) 3

17 hours ago, Thurmal34 said:

You want a historic example without "whataboutism?"  

• Haha (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BringBackOrton said:

"We need a phrase to defend when we are contradictory in our moral arguments!"

Two wrongs don’t make a right 

and liberals invented the perversion of this and have held to it 98 percent of the time it’s been invoked