Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

6 minutes ago, westside said:

Do you think he's (Trump)  going to gas those poor innocent mexicans?

The key differences here are that the President is working tirelessly to free and enable the most vulnerable Central and South Americans, who have no one else to champion them or their freedom and dignity.

Which is exactly what Hitler did to the Jews?

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It's amazing to hear someone who's never cared a whit about protecting the constitutional right to due process of Americans cry about protecting the right to due process for non citizens. 

They think you're stupid. 

He's also completely incorrect.  Aliens are being detained FOR HEARINGS, to determine their status.  That is due process.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's also completely incorrect.  Aliens are being detained FOR HEARINGS, to determine their status.  That is due process.

That's not what he said. He was quoting the president saying these people should not have due process rights. 

And you are also wrong to say that because a part of due process is granted, then all due process has been granted.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

That's not what he said. He was quoting the president saying these people should not have due process rights. 

And you are also wrong to say that because a part of due process is granted, then all due process has been granted.

I agree with the President, they should not have due process rights for illegal entry.  That law needs to be changed. 

Thank God for the Trump administration's policy of separating children from the adults that may have been taking them across the border to sell them into sex slavery. Why do the dems want to promote this disgusting and immoral activity? 

4 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

I agree with the President, they should not have due process rights for illegal entry.  That law needs to be changed. 

I understand the position. 

What I don't get is how the so-called religious right can side with him. They are always crying about loving the unborn and how Christ died for ALL our sins but they are eating up this hateful rhetoric and supplying this disgusting person the political power to try and smother these poor human beings who are simply seeking freedom. Didn't the religious right just grow out of the anti-Civil Rights movement? 

4 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Why do the dems want to promote this disgusting and immoral activity? 

They're the party that supports every kind of deviant behavior imaginable and you're asking THIS question?

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

What I don't get is how the so-called religious right can side with him. They are always crying about loving the unborn and how Christ died for ALL our sins but they are eating up this hateful rhetoric and supplying this disgusting person the political power to try and smother these poor human beings who are simply seeking freedom. Didn't the religious right just grow out of the anti-Civil Rights movement? 

You're an idiot. The left cares about these children because they care about their parents voting for the left.

When it comes to giving two metric !@#$s about children, the left just doesn't. See the tens of thousands they celebrate being aborted each year.

3 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Why are you supporting child sex slavery?

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

You're an idiot. The left cares about these children because they care about their parents voting for the left.

When it comes to giving two metric !@#$s about children, the left just doesn't. See the tens of thousands they celebrate being aborted each year.

No, that's all you guys care about, hence the hissing of  "Build the Wall" and "Deport Them" during the last campaign. 

Your guy is abusing children. Abusing children. And you are defending him. So go ahead and cry that the Liberals are bad and make you hurt inside, but the truth is you guys are the corrupt ones who live off of hate, scapegoating, destroying families, etc. 

And then move on and tell us how you cry every night for the aborted fetus. Because you seem about as sincere as a Trump University advertisment 

Your guy is abusing children and he can stop it but won't. Child Abuser in Chief 

Ted Cruz has a bill in the senate to allow detained families to stay together providing that there aren't any major criminal charges against the parents, but I haven't heard of anything coming from the house yet. Once there's something he can sign, Trump says he'll do it. We'll see.

In the meantime, if Trump ends the separation of children from their detained, illegal immigrant parents via executive order, any bets on who will be the first news outlet to show a photograph of Trump's cruel policy of throwing children behind bars just because their parents committed a crime?

If Democrats are so concerned about the Immigration controversy.........................

Why don't they sit down with the President and don't leave the room until they FIX IT?

Oh, that's right............ Dems are more concerned about keeping up their hateful rhetoric towards the President so they can get votes in the Mid Terms.

Keep up the hate, don't fix anything whatsoever and resist at all costs until after November. Then, THEN, we can work on impeaching Trump if we secure the House and the Senate.

That's all the Dems have. 

Again, in short.............. the Dems will just CRY CRY CRY about immigration until the mid terms. FACT.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Azalin said:

Ted Cruz has a bill in the senate to allow detained families to stay together providing that there aren't any major criminal charges against the parents, but I haven't heard of anything coming from the house yet. Once there's something he can sign, Trump says he'll do it. We'll see.

In the meantime, if Trump ends the separation of children from their detained, illegal immigrant parents via executive order, any bets on who will be the first news outlet to show a photograph of Trump's cruel policy of throwing children behind bars just because their parents committed a crime?

This is why I'm so anti-"free press."

They're benefiting from a system that allows them to lie, to bribe, to cheat and to hide those they deem important sources while working to undermine that system.

It's kind of a joke that anyone defends them.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

They're benefiting from a system that allows them to lie, to bribe, to cheat and to hide those they deem important sources while working to undermine that system.

These people care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens.

American citizens come first and foremost, but Democrats are too stupid to care or realize this.

2 minutes ago, njbuff said:

These people care more about illegal immigrants than American citizens.

American citizens come first and foremost, but Democrats are too stupid to care or realize this.

Exactly. Why the hell should I support people who stand against everything I believe in?

I've already ceased consuming their "journalism" years ago. But me doing that alone doesn't harm them in the least.

Edited by joesixpack
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Exactly. Why the hell should I support people who stand against everything I believe in?

I've already ceased consuming their "journalism" years ago. But me doing that alone doesn't harm them in the least.

A third of the country is on your side.

A third of the country is against you.

It's the final third that tells the story. Are they against America or for America?

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

A third of the country is on your side.

A third of the country is against you.

It's the final third that tells the story. Are they against America or for America?

Depends on which way the wind's blowing.

And that's yet another reason i have such disdain for the press. They run the wind, so to speak.

Well, maybe even some of them are waking up to the moral repugnance of this grotesque man they put in the WH: 

Franklin Graham. “It’s disgraceful, and it’s terrible to see families ripped apart, and I don’t support that one bit,” he said. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Well, maybe even some of them are waking up to the moral repugnance of this grotesque man they put in the WH: 

Trump is a hero for keeping these children out of the hands of sex slavers.

I feel bad for the folks who want to live the American dream LEGALLY. The ones who want to go thru the process and become Americans, the right way. There are millions of those.

But the left and their media sheep could care less about that? Right?

10 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

People are allowed to have opinions you don't like, Joe.  And they're allowed to broadcast those opinions using platforms that they own.  And they're allowed to be wrong, and they're allowed to spin things in a way that benefits their preferred political views.

In fact, them being allowed to do so is the only reason that you're allowed to do so.  The same laws and system which protect them, also protect you.

You never answered my questions in regards to how your preferred scenario plays out in an adult way.  You plugged your ears and pouted, and then suggested some sort of fairytale ending which completely ignores reality.

So, in order to keep you honest, and to educate others, I'll again ask, for the third time, the questions you keep running away from:

Do you think Donald Trump is going to be President forever?  Perhaps King?

Or do you think that at some point people who might disagree with you may hold office again, and use the powers you've assigned to this President against you to silence dissenters?

Is this a tool you think President Obama or a Hillary Clinton Presidency should have had?

Or will you pass a law which draws distinctions between different political ideologies, creating a political apartheid state where those with views differing from you don't enjoy having their rights protected?

How does this play out in your warped dystopian world view?

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This place is a sewer.

I know.  Lot's of folks down here, yourself included, seem to be supporting modern day slavery and the sex trafficking of children.

Sewer indeed.

1 minute ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

People are allowed to have opinions you don't like, Joe.  And they're allowed to broadcast those opinions using platforms that they own.  And they're allowed to be wrong, and they're allowed to spin things in a way that benefits their preferred political views.

In fact, them being allowed to do so is the only reason that you're allowed to do so.  The same laws and system which protect them, also protect you.

You never answered my questions in regards to how your preferred scenario plays out in an adult way.  You plugged your ears and pouted, and then suggested some sort of fairytale ending which completely ignores reality.

So, in order to keep you honest, and to educate others, I'll again ask, for the third time, the questions you keep running away from:

Or do you think that at some point people who might disagree with you may hold office again, and use the powers you've assigned to this President against you to silence dissenters?

Is this a tool you think President Obama or a Hillary Clinton Presidency should have had?

Or will you pass a law which draws distinctions between different political ideologies, creating a political apartheid state where those with views differing from you don't enjoy having their rights protected?

1) no.

2) maybe. though i doubt it since the people who disagree with me are the overlords of the media.

3) They (especially Obama) did, and used it.

4) It'd be nice, but it'd never happen. the left is a disease rotting this country from within. unfortunately, it's a disease that's been left unchecked and will likely destroy us.

20 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If Democrats are so concerned about the Immigration controversy.........................

Why don't they sit down with the President and don't leave the room until they FIX IT?

Because the president wants a wall, and he's not budging on any immigration change unless he gets the billions needed to fund it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

I don't know why that's so hard to understand.  We can be governed by laws, or ruled by the whims of people.  And far too many prefer the latter, even though those whims and people routinely change.  

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This place is a sewer.

It's best to tune them out. Only about 25% of Americans support this policy:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/separating-families-at-the-border-is-really-unpopular/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It's easy to get caught up in the rage, but these opinions are not representative of our country.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Because the president wants a wall, and he's not budging on any immigration change unless he gets the billions needed to fund it. 

And the President is a 1,000,000,000% correct.

Just now, HappyDays said:

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/separating-families-at-the-border-is-really-unpopular/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

It's easy to get caught up in the rage, but these opinions are not representative of our country.

Then 75% of people don't understand the policy.  How many people do you think will support putting children in prison?

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Tune out those sharing truth about crimes against children. That's what is suggested by people who claim to be outraged over the treatment of children. 

:wacko:

A good percentage of them don't even come over with their parents.

Where is the outrage over that?

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Because they haven't had the problem properly explained to them, Happy.

Or do you believe that only 25% of the country is repulsed by the idea of children being sold into sex slavery?

• Like (+1) 2