Why Is Our Government Putting People In Cages?

5 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

The real solution is..

Go to war with the Mexican government (cough..cartels), purge the institutions of corrupt officials, and install an occupation government.

I'm not sure it would work, but I can't think of any other way to end the shitholeness of Mexico.

I'm open to other ideas.

....you could cripple a cash crop of the cartels economy by legalizing weed here in the States. Then you could put an additional tax on the weed that are the cool kids are smokin that goes directly to the national debt. Then I totally high-five a bald eagle. American as ****! See! And you argue the leaf dulls the senses? C’mon, Tom, I’m all over this. 

Edited by The_Dude

10 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

....you could cripple a cash crop of the cartels economy by legalizing weed here in the States. Then you could put an additional tax on the weed that are the cool kids are smokin that goes directly to the national debt. Then I totally high-five a bald eagle. American as ****! See! And you argue the leaf dulls the senses? C’mon, Tom, I’m all over this. 

How would that improve things in Mexico?

PS.  I think you are confusing me with somebody else. This is "OJ" not "DC" Tom. Sure I know the names are similar, and the photo (his guy has a mustache...big difference!) is a bit alike, but really, just go by the content of our posts ?.

Edited by OJ Tom

31 minutes ago, B-Man said:

“If my Democratic colleagues will join me, not play politics but work to solve the problem, we can start to end family separation this week. And, we can honor the rule of law.”

Sen. Ted Cruz has put forward his legislation,

What’s inside Sen. Cruz emergency legislation to prevent immigrant child separation?

DgAatHsWsAA4FkP.jpg

US_Senate_Texas_Cruzs_Campaign_28895-780

I would also strongly encourage those with real interest in this problem to go back to the last page and check the two articles that I posted there, amongst the blathering of the lemmings.

Never going to pass.  The Democrats will filibuster legislation before they'll ever let the Republicans take any credit for immigration reform.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

The real solution is..

Go to war with the Mexican government (cough..cartels), purge the institutions of corrupt officials, and install an occupation government.

I'm not sure it would work, but I can't think of any other way to end the shitholeness of Mexico.

I'm open to other ideas.

How about a large reciprocating saw to hack off Mexico and Central America?  Cheaper than a wall and a lot less ongoing maintenance and the new beachfront property will generate a lot in property and hospitality taxes. 

Edited by keepthefaith

Another banner day for the Leftist social media mob as it slanders a Marine and paralympic athlete who lost both his legs in combat as a Nazi

Close

Df_CnLOW4AAPQj2.jpg:large

Narrative over (supposed) moral high ground

Df_Cd3RXcAAIx9u.jpg

Previous
Next

Edited by B-Man

4 hours ago, joesixpack said:

TURN EVERYONE AT THE BORDER AWAY.

And how would we do that?   Maybe a wall?

4 hours ago, OJ Tom said:

I still think the kids should be given back to the Mexican authorities right away, and let them handle it. 

Because they can be trusted!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

PS.  I think you are confusing me with somebody else. This is "OJ" not "DC" Tom. Sure I know the names are similar, and the photo (his guy has a mustache...big difference!) is a bit alike, but really, just go by the content of our posts ?.

That's my line and you need a license to use it.

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

See! And you argue the leaf dulls the senses? C’mon, Tom, I’m all over this. 

52 minutes ago, OJ Tom said:

Yeah...I'm going to argue that pot makes you stupid.  :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2018/06/audio-recording-the-voices-of-the-children-left-behind-at-the-border/563123/

FTA:

The person estimated that the children on the recording are between four and ten years old. It appeared that they had been at the detention center for less than 24 hours, so their distress at having been separated from their parents was still raw. Consulate officials tried to comfort them with snacks and toys. But the children were inconsolable.

The child who stood out the most was the six-year-old Salvadoran girl with a phone number stuck in her head. At the end of the audio, a consular official offers to call the girl’s aunt. ProPublica dialed the number she recited in the audio, and spoke with the aunt about the call.

“It was the hardest moment in my life,” she said. “Imagine getting a call from your six-year-old niece. She’s crying and begging me to go get her. She says, ‘I promise I’ll behave, but please get me out of here. I’m all alone.’”

The aunt said what made the call even more painful was that there was nothing she could do. She and her nine-year-old daughter are seeking asylum in the United States after immigrating here two years ago for the exact same reasons and on the exact same route as her sister and her niece. 

She said her niece and sister set out for the United States over a month ago. They paid a smuggler $7,000 to guide them through Guatemala, and Mexico and across the border into the United States. Now, she said, all the risk and investment seem lost.

1 hour ago, OJ Tom said:

Yeah...I’m high. Yup. ?

14 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Yeah...I'm going to argue that pot makes you stupid.  :lol:

In this case....I got nothin. So, anyways, sometimes when you’re high you....ya know....as one does. Well, yes. That’s it. As one does. 

11 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I didn't either. I thought it was bull **** like Gary and Happy. Then I went out and saw it myself. I talked to the victims. I talked to the traffickers. I talked to the LEOs who make these raids every night in SoCal. 

The worst part is the systemic nature of this. It's everywhere. Not just in SoCal. And it's everywhere because many institutions which are supposed to protect children are horribly compromised by those who prey on children. There's a national conversation about this coming, it won't be pretty and it won't be easy for anyone. But it has to happen because there are children today who we could help if we only were aware of their plight. 

Since this is known by the LEO , wouldn't this be a major reason for more border security to try and stop human trafficking. It might even make a wall be even more necessary . Why haven't they gone to the MSM  with this info  to try and get a more secure border and screening to stop this problem.

No one could oppose stopping human trafficking of children I would think.

13 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

It's not about separating kids from their parents, it's about breaking up human trafficking rings, and stopping child sex trafficking.

Not according to Stephen Miller, the brains behind the criminal prosecutions/detentions. They are arriving to the trafficking justification after the heat came down. They want to criminally prosecute the illegals because of the annual immigration uptick, and if they do that, they need to separate the children who won’t be prosecuted from adults who will. 

Bush and Obama wrestled with the same exact issue and erred on the side of keeping families together. Trump is not and he’s now dealing with a political consequences. 

This wont last long. The heat is way too high. But Trump backed himself into a political corner. It’s now a staring contest as to who will do the right thing first. Trump backs off the policy or Dems join legislative action. Both will have the same effect. Families won’t be torn apart. Illegals will still cross. Some political point will be scored. And around we go. 

1 minute ago, BeginnersMind said:

Not according to Stephen Miller, the brains behind the criminal prosecutions/detentions. They are arriving to the trafficking justification after the heat came down. They want to criminally prosecute the illegals because of the annual immigration uptick, and if they do that, they need to separate the children who won’t be prosecuted from adults who will. 

Bush and Obama wrestled with the same exact issue and erred on the side of keeping families together. Trump is not and he’s now dealing with a political consequences. 

This wont last long. The heat is way too high. But Trump backed himself into a political corner. It’s now a staring contest as to who will do the right thing first. Trump backs off the policy or Dems join legislative action. Both will have the same effect. Families won’t be torn apart. Illegals will still cross. Some political point will be scored. And around we go. 

Let's just let everyone in. Just walk right through the border. What the hell right? Think of all the new voters and the possibilities!?

40 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

Hooray inertia.

8 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

The left is much happier recording the sounds of crying children and pointing at who is to blame LONG before they will ever be interested in a solution.

They have no desire to fix anytthing but the mid-terms. They only have a desire to create an enemy.

And Trumps is playing them like cheap fiddles through the entire thing.

It's pretty damn funny. They keep thinking this is the right play, and they keep losing day after day after day.

I'm not sure Trump is winning against this particular coordinated barrage but you are 100% correct about the left and the press.  

Don't be distracted by the current pack of lies, this is another sleight of hand,

so you aren't looking at the investigation into the fbi rats taking place yesterday 

and today. There's the real news, the real traitors and criminals.