World Cup 2018 Thread

28 minutes ago, LewPort71 said:

I am listening to the Iran...Morocco match .  Who brought those blankety-blank vuvzelas ?

AARRGGHH

i'd watch 30 minutes of that for $100 maybe

10 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Yeah they are so good

Feels like Portugal is barely holding on right now

The past 25 mins has been all Spain. Portugal can still counter but Spain’s ball movement is superb.

Like I said, Portugal can counter. What a horrible job by De Gea.

I did not see this game, wife did not want me to be day drinking today. Damn, based on this superb recap, I really  screwed up. How did this dude write this like an hour after the match 

From The New York Times:

Spain and Portugal Play a Draw for the Ages, Starring a Player for All Time

Cristiano Ronaldo scored three goals to give Portugal a 3-3 tie with Spain. The last goal came with just minutes to go in the scintillating match.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/15/sports/spain-portugal-world-cup.html

Edited by plenzmd1

I caught some of this game while at lunch. I then took my mother to a movie, where she proceeded to nap for an hour or so. I should have stayed at the bar (Bills Backer bar, in fact) where the crowd was loving this game! She was awake for the soccer! 

Just finished watching Spain vs. Portugal.  Outstanding game played at a high level.

The other 2 games today were pretty lame.

Looking forward to seeing Argentina and Messi tomorrow against Iceland.

5 minutes ago, Cugalabanza said:

Random prediction: Australia gets a result against France on Saturday, a draw at least.

You like soccer?  I had no idea!!!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

Spain and Portugal gave too much today, not worth it at all on a very humid night.

it’s a marathon to the Cup and they just ran the first 400m at sprinting speed.

great game though, much enjoyed

France has looked very good in qualifying and the 2016 Euros. They are a very talented team, their midfield might be one of the best. And Griezmann, Mbappe and Dembélé up front is going to produce. They are going to create nightmares for defenses. And still have Giroud coming off the bench!

Australia was last team in and if they have trouble qualifying against teams like Japan, they are going to struggle. Plus they’ve changed Managers.

I see a high scoring match for France.

Edited by Wayne Cubed

for anyone in the DC region, here is your guide to where to watch

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/going-out-guide/wp/2018/06/14/watch-the-world-cup-with-african-beers-icelandic-hot-dogs-or-egyptian-breakfasts/?utm_term=.14dc5db827bc

May make it over to Lou's today to watch my 538 assigned team..Peru. Los Incas!!!!!! Walkable for me..about 20 minutes

Tomorrow definitely going to Grill from Ipanema to watch the Brazil game..going to be hot as all get out so why not sit inside and drink caipirinhas all day and listen to bosa nova music? The bonus is about a 2-minute walk!!!  

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Gosh, this is a snooze fest.  I wish Messi would go ahead and bite someone or something.  

If Uraguay is in it you have to tune in to that game. Lous Suarez is the guy who bites other players. 

43 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Regretfully the US didn't qualify for the tournament.?

Maybe the Canadian, US and Italy teams can all get together and have a Bocce ball tourney over the next couple weeks!

Edited by Dante

1 minute ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Italy didn’t make it?!   That’s like Canada not making the cut in hockey, right?

Seems like that doesn't it? I was shocked when they didn't make it. 

Edited by Dante