[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

Let’s say, for the sake of argument, that the Arizona Coyotes believe the single most important move they can make as an organization is to bring Matthews home. Matthews is the only home-grown player in Arizona history and would be a marquee attraction like no other, not to mention a dominant scorer who still has an upside in his game. Strategically, how could a team manage it? Well, one possibility would be to begin by signing Marner to an offer sheet first and offer a max contract. The Leafs would almost certainly have to match.

If they did, then at that point, the Coyotes could turn around and sign Matthews to a max offer sheet as well. At that point, the Leafs could be boxed into a financial corner, after spending $11-million per season to sign John Tavares away from the New York Islanders and then recently, signing William Nylander to an extension for just under $7-million per season.

Similarly, a team could target Laine and Connor. Laine is showing signs of being a consistent 40-plus goal scorer in the NHL and he doesn’t turn 21 until this coming April. Connor is a different player, but the combination of his speed, hockey sense and finishing touch around the net might make him an ideal target for a team like, say, the Detroit Red Wings, who are rebuilding their base and would presumably love to repatriate a hometown kid. Connor grew up as a Red Wings fan in the same way Tavares did with the Leafs.

On 12/13/2018 at 9:44 PM, shrader said:

John, you’re comment on bogosian really sticks out to me. He has been something I’ve been wanting to comment on for a while. I’m not one to get superstitious, but at the same time, I can’t convince myself to say a single word about his game. I love watching him out there, but this is the most I dare to say about him. 

Hate to break this to you, but you saying something about someone, and then something happening with that person is not a real thing.

Okay fellas. I will be in the 5th row over the right shoulder of the Hutton in period 1 and 3. 

Have the white one buffalo hat hat from the Pats game where Pegula was first officially owner and the Swedish Buffalo shirt on. lol for my pretty face. Might be able to see me!

If I were giving out stars for the Sabres Hutton would get the first star for us and Jack would get my second star. 

The Capitals were the stronger and  better team. However,  if this is a  measuring stick game it again shows that the Sabres can keep up with the best teams. The Capitals are again going to be serious contenders for the Cup. 

I don't understand why Pilut didn't play. 

I thought Jack was the best player on the ice. 

We were fortunate to get a point. I'll take it. 

2 hours ago, plenzmd1 said:

Agreed! I am nuts or have we had #37 on 8 on 5-5. Not sure if they stating that way, but every time I see 8 on the ice, # 37 there

Plenzmd1, I think I saw you on TV. Are you bald, have a big nose and elephant sized ears and weigh around 325 lbs? It appears you sweat a lot because when on camera you glistened. :ph34r:

Edited by JohnC

This game is on Tennyson. Period. He must get off this team ASAP. He is not NHL caliber and he’s shown that on nearly EVERY shift he’s played this year. 

That said, we had our chances against a good, DEEP Caps team tonight. Something to build on. 

Tomorrow will be a grind against a Bruins team chasing us in the standings. I like our chances.

• Like (+1) 1

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres (19-9-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 34 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (17-11-4) at 5 PM ET on 12/16; Patrik Berglund Suspended for Failure to Report to the Team
Just now, K-9 said:

And yet in that 9:06 on the ice, Tennyson managed to cough up the puck twice on direct giveaways that immediately led to two goals against. 

All three Caps' goals were on giveaways with one by Hutton.  They battled and stood up to the Champs with 4 D (Can't count the Lord as one). 

6 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

All three Caps' goals were on giveaways with one by Hutton.  They battled and stood up to the Champs with 4 D (Can't count the Lord as one). 

Yeah, Hutton made a bad play but he also saved our bacon too many times to count tonight. Tennyson? Not so much. He sucks and needs to go. 

And I’ve already given credit to the team for the battle they gave the Caps. In spite of gift wrapping them three goals, we had several chances to put the game away. Reinhart will see that gaping net in his sleep. 

Sucks about Pilut. I guess Hunwick makes his Sabres debut tomorrow? 

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Yeah, Hutton made a bad play but he also saved our bacon too many times to count tonight. Tennyson? Not so much. He sucks and needs to go. 

And I’ve already given credit to the team for the battle they gave the Caps. In spite of gift wrapping them three goals, we had several chances to put the game away. Reinhart will see that gaping net in his sleep. 

Sucks about Pilut. I guess Hunwick makes his Sabres debut tomorrow? 

Hutton was excellent other than the giveaway.  I'm hoping Pilut is back tomorrow with Beaulieu likely out and hopefully Hunwick is in for Tennyson.

Couldn't believe Samson missed that GWG in regulation. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Hutton was excellent other than the giveaway.  I'm hoping Pilut is back tomorrow with Beaulieu likely out and hopefully Hunwick is in for Tennyson.

Couldn't believe Samson missed that GWG in regulation. 

On the positive side captain Jack Eichel is finally playing at a Franchise level... not saying he was bad before... but we didn’t have the talent around him so he can shine

Now he is playing like when he was back at BU... a top player in the league 

• Like (+1) 3