[Incomplete Title] Sabres (21-12-5) & NHL 2018-19 - Game 39 (MSG-B) vs. BOS (20-14-4) at 7 PM ET on 12/29

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2018-19 - Game 13 vs. OTT at 7:30 PM ET on 11/1

On the bright side, we will not be outside of four points of a playoff spot on Halloween as we are secured in a Wild Card spot at the moment. Nice not to be all but eliminated so early in the season. 

Gotta get back on track Thursday against another fast skating team. Hope Erod is back, Tage goes to RaChaCha, Housley goes back to previous lines in the middle six, and they all get their heads out of their ***** and be ready to skate like the previous four games. 

• Like (+1) 1

Post-Game Report: 10/30 vs. Calgary

Final Score
  1st 2nd 3rd OT SO Final SOG
Flames
(7-5-1)
0 0 1 1 2 38
Sabres
(6-4-2)
1 0 0 0 1 29

Top Notes
  • Tonight’s overtime loss extended the Sabres’ point streak to five games (3-0-2) for the first time since the team had points in nine straight games (7-0-2) from March 10 to 27, 2012.
  • The Sabres finished October with a 6-4-2 record (.583). It was the team’s best opening month since the 2011-12 season (6-4-0) and the team’s best full month since March 2016 (7-4-4).
  • With his goal, Jack Eichel has scored in three straight matchups with the Flames and has recorded 12 points (4+8) in his last 11 games overall.
  • Jason Pominville’s assist on Eichel’s goal was his 500th point as a member of the Sabres. Pominville is now tied with Danny Gare for the ninth-most points in franchise history.
    • Pominville’s assist also extended his point streak to five games (4+5), marking his first five-game point streak since Feb. 4 to 12, 2017.
Tonight’s Goaltenders
Tonight’s Stats
Team Goaltender Decision SV% GAA
Flames Rittich W .966 0.98
Sabres Hutton O .947 1.91

Updated Season Stats
Team Goaltender Record SV% GAA
Flames Rittich 3-1-0 .939 2.08
Sabres Hutton 4-4-1 .910 2.94

Post-Game Audio
Sabres head coach Phil Housley
Sabres forward Jack Eichel
Sabres forward Jason Pominville
Sabres goaltender Carter Hutton
Flames head coach Bill Peters
Flames forward Johnny Gaudreau
Flames defenseman Mark Giordano
Flames goaltender David Rittich

Dq3NaoQWkAA2Pk5.jpg

cut.jpg

Game Preview: 11/1/18 at Ottawa

GAME-DAY RESOURCES
Game Notes NHL Stats Press Clips

LAST GAME
Tuesday, October 30
Calgary 2 at Buffalo 1 (OT)
Goals: Eichel
Goalie: Hutton (36 saves/38 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 5/5; Shots: Calgary 38 – Buffalo 29

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 50)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 12 games
Sean Malone (knee, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 12 games
Scott Wilson (ankle, Oct. 4; injured reserve) – 12 games
Jake McCabe (upper body, Oct. 30) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
N/A

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 3: Ottawa at Buffalo, 2 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 4: Buffalo at NY Rangers, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 8: Buffalo at Montreal, 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, Nov. 10: Vancouver at Buffalo, 1 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 13: Tampa Bay at Buffalo, 7:30 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
SABRES at SENATORS
  • This is the first of four meetings between the Sabres and Senators this season.
  • Last meeting: Ottawa defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Buffalo on April 4
  • Next meeting: Saturday, Nov. 3 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 7-1-2 in their last 10 games vs. the Senators; 5-3-2 on the road
  • This is the 138th game all-time between Buffalo and Ottawa; Buffalo has a 67-50-20 series record.
  • The Sabres are 31-27-12 on the road against the Senators all-time.

On 10/29/2018 at 9:24 AM, shrader said:

My DVR has mysteriously stopped recording the games (DirecTV).  The same thing happened last year, but it's a pain now because I actually want to watch them.  It records them maybe 50% of the time, but I have no idea why.  I was using some random code that I got from one of these threads a few years ago.

yea...think we chatted bout this last year. My gut is you got it set up to record on the old channel..wasn't it like 638 or something? there was a thread here where it was like ** sabres 638/other..somthing like that. the purpose of the code was to make sure it recorded the MSG feed first, if there was not one then record 220 or for you in caroilna whatever the hurricanes local is for when they played the Canes.

And man, I am getting really frustrated with this new Genie interface. Cant get the Sabre games to record on right channel, recording go missing and have to go into history to find them, stops communication with the other DVRs connected and needs a reset like once a week...all common problems with the software, not the hardware.

BTW, i am going to chat with them today..do you record on a genie or just regular DVR?

Edited by plenzmd1

1 hour ago, plenzmd1 said:

yea...think we chatted bout this last year. My gut is you got it set up to record on the old channel..wasn't it like 638 or something? there was a thread here where it was like ** sabres 638/other..somthing like that. the purpose of the code was to make sure it recorded the MSG feed first, if there was not one then record 220 or for you in caroilna whatever the hurricanes local is for when they played the Canes.

And man, I am getting really frustrated with this new Genie interface. Cant get the Sabre games to record on right channel, recording go missing and have to go into history to find them, stops communication with the other DVRs connected and needs a reset like once a week...all common problems with the software, not the hardware.

BTW, i am going to chat with them today..do you record on a genie or just regular DVR?

I'm pretty sure i have 635-1 in there, but I'll check it later.  I'm on a genie.

Remi Elie will dress for the first time Oct. 18, replacing Tage Thompson in the lineup. He'll skate on a line with Casey Mittelstadt and Sam Reinhart. 

"He's been sitting for a while, he's been waiting, he's been working hard in practice," Housley said. "He's had a really good approach every day even though he's been out, with a good attitude and he's been a good teammate. So, we're going to give him an opportunity. I just like what he's going to bring to our team, which is speed and physicality."

Jake McCabe (upper body) will be a game-time decision on defense. If he does dress, here's how the full lineup is expected to look based on Wednesday's practice, with Carter Hutton starting in net:

53 Jeff Skinner - 9 Jack Eichel - 29 Jason Pominville
43 Conor Sheary - 17 Vladimir Sobotka - 21 Kyle Okposo
81 Remi Elie - 37 Casey Mittelstadt - 23 Sam Reinhart
10 Patrik Berglund - 22 Johan Larsson - 28 Zemgus Girgensons

40 Carter Hutton 
35 Linus Ullmark

On 10/31/2018 at 11:10 AM, shrader said:

When I said I wanted to see a few close losses and OTLs instead of regular losses, I didn't mean that they had to do nothing but that.

When you have a wish list and it is fulfilled then you have to accept the blame. You should be held accountable. Don't shirk from your responsibility here for the disappointing endings. Have you ever considered that wishing for more victories might be better than settling for less? :devil:  

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Sabres & NHL 2018-19 - Game 14 vs. OTT at 2 PM ET on 11/3