Shady on verge of cementing HoF status?

Shady on verge of cementing HoF status?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Is lesean McCoy a HoF?

He’d stand a better chance if he'd played on a great team and had more personal and post season success. He needs to stay healthy a few more years. I admit I didn’t click the link, but I am curious how his numbers stack up. Chalk one ignorant post up to pure laziness, while just going by instinct. ? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Augie said:

He’d stand a better chance if he'd played on a great team and had more personal and post season success. He needs to stay healthy a few more years. I admit I didn’t click the link, but I am curious how his numbers stack up. Chalk one ignorant post up to pure laziness, while just going by instinct. ? 

He has 13,740 yards from scrimmage , ahead of OJ Simpson and just behind Adrian Peterson

If he gets 1100 more yards from scrimmage this year he becomes just the 11th player to reach 1100 scrimmage yards 9 or more times

one of quickest players to 10,000 rushings yards by carries

• Thank you (+1) 1

One more year like last year (plus a little change as he slows down for a year or two), and I say he’s in. Now, how are those hammie’s feeling? 

Edited by Augie

9 minutes ago, Augie said:

One more year like last year (plus a little change as he slows down for a year or two), and I say he’s in. Now, how are those hammie’s feeling? 

Some styles tend to hold up better than others. Compared to other bigger hulking backs Shady takes fewer big shots and still is super quick 

his game isnt about speed, it’s about his vision/quickness which he still will have for a few more years

who knows how he is in 3 years though 

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Some styles tend to hold up better than others. Compared to other bigger hulking backs Shady takes fewer big shots and still is super quick 

his game isnt about speed, it’s about his vision/quickness which he still will have for a few more years

who knows how he is in 3 years though 

Vision and quickness are his super powers. Hammie’s and lingering injuries are his kryptonite. He can’t afford to lose big chunks of seasons, for multiple reasons! This is the age where that can happen more and more. Fingers crossed! I hope he’s eating his kale. (Blech!) 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

It’s going to be really difficult/impossible for him to put up the necessary numbers with this team imo. 

The flip side is they are going to be very reliant upon him. Could be big numbers. He is THE weapon as long as he’s healthy.  Yes, other teams will focus on him.  We’ll see..... STAY HEALTHY! 

• Like (+1) 1

The criteria sports writers use to evaluate a player's career are silly.  A great player might never play on a great team.  That's not his fault.  His accomplishments should be be given MORE weight if his team doesn't make the playoffs consistently, because it indicates he's not riding on someone else's abilities to get things done. 

He needs a couple more years but since by his admission he adopted regular and hot yoga, which is awesome for increasing flexibility and functional strength with you’re small muscles not achieved by traditional lifting and running, I can see him continuing to play.

i see him on the way and this team needs to rely on him as we don’t have stud WR and TE so he will continue to rack up the numbers.  So many people are writing off our chances this year, and I still believe we can be solid.  Hopefully another wild card spot, and next year we have with the way the cap has increased will mean $100 million in space to retain the studs and buy some key players on top of the draft.

that could turn into three playoff appearances or hopefully some wins.  We’ll see.  As fans we’re so beaten down with a 17 year drought many of us can’t see the plan and talent in the. Mgmt and coaching which is helping in sound decision making.  The worst thing that. Could happen is to lose these guys.

He's not far off.  Another couple seasons over 1,000 yards and his usual impact in the passing game, he's in.   If he retired tomorrow I think he still might get in but it would be a longish wait.

I'm just glad he wound up with the Bills.  High end, elite, rare talent is a beautiful thing to watch.