Does your thinking now fly out the window in September?

For example now I'm thinking the team overachieved a little last year.  In my opinion the schedules a little harder this year.  8 wins wouldn't be bad if Allen gets some starts under his belt and is set for next year.

In reality when the season starts I know I won't have this mind set.  Bad losses like last year to the Chargers and Saints will be painful.  Guaranteed "the process" won't be on my mind then.

Edited by Another Fan

I expect them to be a little worse and honestly I think 6-10 wouldn't be bad if Allen starts some games, shows some promise and they can unearth one unheralded gem at receiver and another at offensive line. If that happened I think we would be pretty well set to be good in 2019. 

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I expect them to be a little worse and honestly I think 6-10 wouldn't be bad if Allen starts some games, shows some promise and they can unearth one unheralded gem at receiver and another at offensive line. If that happened I think we would be pretty well set to be good in 2019. 

If the Bills go 6-10 everyone here will flip out and want McDermott and Beane fired and every player traded for draft picks....and Allen will be considered a bust

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, nucci said:

If the Bills go 6-10 everyone here will flip out and want McDermott and Beane fired and every player traded for draft picks....and Allen will be considered a bust

So true, but not everybody!

Every year teams that are supposed to be bad are good and teams that are supposed to be good are bad. Let’s hope the Bills are one of the former and some opponents are the latter.

Edited by chris heff
  • Like (+1) 1

I now think we will be within a game or two or .500. What may change my thinking more than our record may be HOW we get to whatever record we wind up with. How does the QB position look?  Does Allen play? What does the OLine look like? Does the D continue to improve? How much fight do we show? How well prepared do they appear?

These things may not lead directly to a great record, but I want feel like we’re improving and going in the right direction. I’m optimistic now, and hope to remain that way even if we only get to 6-10 or so. 

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Gug....will you stop confusing me with facts please

(had to recheck it....apparently we were tough at home)

LOL!  Well, I had to look it up.  But the Jets road game was some of the worst football I've seen the Bills play .. EVER .. so I had see if we were that bad elsewhere!

7 minutes ago, Gugny said:

LOL!  Well, I had to look it up.  But the Jets road game was some of the worst football I've seen the Bills play .. EVER .. so I had see if we were that bad elsewhere!

While not good, we were a lot better than other years it felt like, we did win @Atl and @KC, two playoff teams (the other being @Miami week 17)

8 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So, you missed the Chargers game?

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

So, you missed the Chargers game?

I was at the Jets game, so it hurt a little more.  Plus, we actually had our "starting QB," playing.  And it was against the Jets ... not the Chargers.

Edited by Gugny

I wouldn't attempt a guess on 2018. The Bills are slowly upgrading the roster from average to above average.

The plus side, this is a highly motivated team built to win not survive.

IF one of the 3 QB's can be effective the outlook COULD be better then last year...

• Like (+1) 3

Still too many unknown factors to make a decision.  If we continue to "defend our dirt," I could easily see 5 or 6 wins at home.  Tougher road schedule, but I could see us winning 8-10 games.  Ask me in a couple months once TC and preseason starts and maybe my views will have changed.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, THE SLAMMER said:

I wouldn't attempt a guess on 2018. The Bills are slowly upgrading the roster from average to above average.

The plus side, this is a highly motivated team built to win not survive.

IF one of the 3 QB's can be effective the outlook COULD be better then last year...

I agree with you and Im hoping we actually have 2 QB’s that are effective.....it would be kinda sweet to have THAT kind of a QB problem.....who to play?

Hey if you’re gonna dream.....go big!

• Like (+1) 2