I miss Leodis McKelvin interviews...

3 hours ago, SmokinES3 said:

Thanks for the virtue signaling. You truly are an inspiration to SJW's everywhere.

The fact that “virtue” and “social justice” have become perjorative terms says a lot about the current state of affairs. 

2 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

You attempt to make an intelligent argument here but legit nothing you just said makes any logical sense. 

I’ll start with your drinking analogy - drinking is a choice that impacts only yourself.  You can choose to drink or choose to not. That’s cool. That doesn’t hurt anybody. Drinking in of itself isn’t inherently wrong - mocking someone else for the heck of it is. Now if you choose to drink and drive - well now that’s a really bad decision. 

Why did I read this thread if it’s trash? Well - this is a message board I enjoy so I choose to come here and read posts. That is why this board exists is it not? The title also didn’t make it clear it was going to be a thread created for the purpose of insulting the guy. Also - whether I read or not has no relevance on the fact that this thread was created for the sole purpose at having a laugh at Leodis McKelvins expense. 

As for this video being on the official Buffalo Bills website so why aren’t they taking it down if I find the video offensive?? What are you talking about? The video in of itself isn’t offensive. Leodis isn’t making fun of people based on how they look or talk. No - that is what this thread is doing. This thread is what is offensive. How are you not able to make this distinction?  I am honestly blown away by how righteous you seem to feel in your response when what you are saying makes absolutely zero sense?? 

Simply put - it is always wrong to mock another human being for any reason. Whether it be their speech, appearance, race, religion, color, ethnicity, sex, disability or anything else. This is a simple lesson. My 3 yr old could tell you that it isn’t nice to make fun of others. How are you even trying to argue this? 

Could you please show me where I made fun of Leodis or mocked him?  

Be nice. If Leodis was your neighbor while he was in Buffalo and he hung around with you and your family, you might tease him about his speech to his face. But you would never do it to the public. And, you'd probably be pissed at anyone who did. Humor is great, just do it in good taste. Go Bills.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Could you please show me where I made fun of Leodis or mocked him?  

The entire point of this thread which you created was to mock a player based on how he speaks. It’s hard to say if there were any direct insults beyond that from you because your posts down to the original in the thread are now all highly edited at this point. 

You still don’t get it. I just checked your now highly edited original post and you say “I will not be chastized for posting this video since it’s from the official Bills site” but nobody cares that you posted the video. There’s nothing wrong with the video. The issue is that you posted a video and then used it to

mock him and I’m not meaning to single you out but you happen to be the one that started the group roasting of a player just trying to give an interview. Plenty of posters appear to have joined in and upped the anti to the point some shameful things were said but you opened that door. 

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, greeneblitz said:

You sir are being raciest by suggesting that because Leodis can't string a sentence together its because he is black.

Wow, what nonsense

Well, I'm sure my take is an oversimplification and there are many more factors that have led to the social situation we have today where there is so much more poverty in black America than white America, as well as more single parent families etc.   What it comes down to is there must be social factors that account for those realities, and history (including slavery and racial oppression) are among them, or you must believe that the African-American community is at fault because of who they are.  In other words, as a race they must be inferior.  I believe that while there are individual differences within every race, it is social factors that led to what we have today, and not something inherent in black Americans.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SoCoBills said:

The entire point of this thread which you created was to mock a player based on how he speaks. It’s hard to say if there were any direct insults beyond that from you because your posts down to the original in the thread are now all highly edited at this point. 

You still don’t get it. I just checked your now highly edited original post and you say “I will not be chastized for posting this video since it’s from the official Bills site” but nobody cares that you posted the video. There’s nothing wrong with the video. The issue is that you posted a video and then used it to

mock him and I’m not meaning to single you out but you happen to be the one that started the group roasting of a player just trying to give an interview. Plenty of posters appear to have joined in and upped the anti to the point some shameful things were said but you opened that door. 

I getting tired of being lectured by you, mom.  If my posts are edited it's usually because of a spelling or grammatical error (it's 'ante', btw).  I've been a member on this board for almost 15 years (congrats on your upcoming first anniversary) and I've never had any problems with any members before but apparently you're the first.  Might I suggest that you grow some thicker skin and have that hostility of yours looked at.  Welcome to ignore.

19 hours ago, SoCoBills said:

So we are creating threads to make fun of current or former Bills players now? It’s sad that some people think it’s funny to make fun of others. 

I thought it was disgusting when people bullied and mocked Ellis Lankster, one of OUR Buffalo Bills, after his “I was like um” interview where he bravely stood in front of reporters and answered questions as best he could like a man despite knowing how he’d sound to ignorant judgemental and mean spirited bullies due to his speech impediment and years later you feel the need to make fun of a different Bill?

I’ll never understand this type of thinking. It’s not funny & trying to pretend this isn’t a mean spirited thread isn’t fooling anyone. This thread is trash. Oh and speech isn’t a definitive measure of intelligence. I felt the need to point that out. 

EDIT: I didn’t mention racism because I honestly didn’t think skin color or ethnicity had anything to do with it. Mean is mean though and whether in jest or not this thread wreaks.

I make fun of people that sound stupid. My friend and I got interviewed by the local radio station and we still laugh at how poor our English was and how we butchered common sports lines like "we're taking it.. like each day at a time." Or "we need to swallow our nerves. 

Part of his job is to speak publicy and we're not laughing at some autistic guy, we're just giving him a funny jest.. like my friends and I do when we screw up talking. 

I'm sure mckelvin's buddies never let him live it down. If you personally think it's mean spirited, that's okay but just see where we are coming from. People make fun of others, don't lump people into "what a jerkoff bully" just because they have a different sense of humor than you.

It's fun to see stupid mistakes. We rib each constantly if someone does or says something dumb.

PT5P getting philosophical

3 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Well, I'm sure my take is an oversimplification and there are many more factors that have led to the social situation we have today where there is so much more poverty in black America than white America, as well as more single parent families etc.   What it comes down to is there must be social factors that account for those realities, and history (including slavery and racial oppression) are among them, or you must believe that the African-American community is at fault because of who they are.  In other words, as a race they must be inferior.  I believe that while there are individual differences within every race, it is social factors that led to what we have today, and not something inherent in black Americans.

Serious question.  If Leodis was white would you consider the original post racist? 

3 hours ago, phypon said:

Serious question.  If Leodis was white would you consider the original post racist? 

Now there's a loaded question!  The answer is no.  That brings up the whole issue of what racism is.  Was Peace Frog's motive in posting it racist?  I don't know what he was thinking, so it is not fair for me to judge.  Sometimes, however, malice is not required for racism to be present.  We are all to some extent products of our environment.  Sometimes, our environment may tend to cause us to view others who are different from ourselves through a stereotyping perspective.  Was Peace Frog doing that?  I don't know.  I'm not even sure whether I was doing that in what I thought was a harmless quip about a second language.  I don't think I was trying to be hurtful, but I could see where someone might take it that way.

Racism, by definition of those who have been victimized, can normally only be committed by someone in a position of power by association with a people group that possesses a majority position or wealth.  In this case, Blacks cannot be racist because relative to white America, blacks are in a minority and don't on average have as much economic power.  Can Blacks be predjudiced?  Absolutely, just like caucasians.   Can they act on that predjudice and hurt, even kill white people?  Absolutely!  And there are many cases of that having happened, but racism is defined sociologically, and not just on a basis of individual motive and action.  As a white person, that understanding kind of grates against my sense of fair play, as it might yours, but that is how it works.  

• Like (+1) 1

On 5/26/2018 at 10:03 AM, Buffalo03 said:

I forgot about Alexandra Vitale. She was hot as hell

There is something about her that is an absolutely turn on.  Can someone Photoshop her face on the GIF of the girl humping the Pepsi Machine?  I would pay good money for that...  I figured I would save a lot never leaving the house!

1 hour ago, TigerJ said:

Now there's a loaded question!  The answer is no.  That brings up the whole issue of what racism is.  Was Peace Frog's motive in posting it racist?  I don't know what he was thinking, so it is not fair for me to judge.  Sometimes, however, malice is not required for racism to be present.  We are all to some extent products of our environment.  Sometimes, our environment may tend to cause us to view others who are different from ourselves through a stereotyping perspective.  Was Peace Frog doing that?  I don't know.  I'm not even sure whether I was doing that in what I thought was a harmless quip about a second language.  I don't think I was trying to be hurtful, but I could see where someone might take it that way.

Racism, by definition of those who have been victimized, can normally only be committed by someone in a position of power by association with a people group that possesses a majority position or wealth.  In this case, Blacks cannot be racist because relative to white America, blacks are in a minority and don't on average have as much economic power.  Can Blacks be predjudiced?  Absolutely, just like caucasians.   Can they act on that predjudice and hurt, even kill white people?  Absolutely!  And there are many cases of that having happened, but racism is defined sociologically, and not just on a basis of individual motive and action.  As a white person, that understanding kind of grates against my sense of fair play, as it might yours, but that is how it works.  

Let's try another question.  What if the OP is black (or identifies with being black)?  Is the OP still considered a racist and only posting the vid based on race?

I just want to add that I don't find the video humorous in any way.  That's not my type of humor.  However, others are free to find it funny.

17 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Leodis McKelvin was a good Buffalo Bill. Never the elite guy that we drafted him to be, but a solid #2 corner. This thread doesn't serve any purpose other than to mock a good Buffalo Bill, and I think it has served it's purpose.

Nope.

For most of his career he might well have lost us games. If any team ran a guy deep into single coverage against Leodis i would physically react.
OH NO NO NO please No.
he could be on his man ( great athlete btw ) jump higher get his hands up and still, game changing reception. That was Leodis.

Till he learned to become a receiver once he turned. he was a ball hawk with plays in front of him though. 
btw I love the guy. great heart

3 hours ago, phypon said:

Let's try another question.  What if the OP is black (or identifies with being black)?  Is the OP still considered a racist and only posting the vid based on race?

I just want to add that I don't find the video humorous in any way.  That's not my type of humor.  However, others are free to find it funny.

Based on my last post, this is easy.  The answer is still no.  If Peace Frog were black himself, he cannot commit a racist act by definition, and certainly one can not commit a racist act toward another person of the same race.  It is thought to be generally acceptable to poke fun ant one's own ethnicity.  For example, if you're Polish, you can tell all the Polish jokes you want and nobody would normally be offended, if they know you're Polish.

Absolutely nothing racist about laughing at McKelvin or Lankster, it's just good fun.

I used to watch Fat Albert on Saturday mornings when I was a kid, Mushmouth was the best!

mushmouth-the-adventures-of-fat-albert-a

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Based on my last post, this is easy.  The answer is still no.  If Peace Frog were black himself, he cannot commit a racist act by definition, and certainly one can not commit a racist act toward another person of the same race.  It is thought to be generally acceptable to poke fun ant one's own ethnicity.  For example, if you're Polish, you can tell all the Polish jokes you want and nobody would normally be offended, if they know you're Polish.

Wow.  Just...wow...:doh:

4 minutes ago, phypon said:

Wow.  Just...wow...:doh:

Your reaction is why I say it's a loaded question.  As I said, the definition of racism kind of grates against my sense of fair play, but it's not my definition.  As I said, it is defined sociologically (what people group you belong to and what people group you're doing it to), not psychologically.  I don't know what Websters would say in defining it, but if you were to ask an African-American, I think he'd agree with me.

44 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Your reaction is why I say it's a loaded question.  As I said, the definition of racism kind of grates against my sense of fair play, but it's not my definition.  As I said, it is defined sociologically (what people group you belong to and what people group you're doing it to), not psychologically.  I don't know what Websters would say in defining it, but if you were to ask an African-American, I think he'd agree with me.

I don't doubt your sincerity and I appreciate your honest answers.  I know you're not being malicious in any way, shape, or form but I think greenblitz's statement is true.  I'm also not trying to be malicious, I'm just stating my constructive observation.

13 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

I getting tired of being lectured by you, mom.  If my posts are edited it's usually because of a spelling or grammatical error (it's 'ante', btw).  I've been a member on this board for almost 15 years (congrats on your upcoming first anniversary) and I've never had any problems with any members before but apparently you're the first.  Might I suggest that you grow some thicker skin and have that hostility of yours looked at.  Welcome to ignore.

My hostility? I’ve not used any hostile language or personal attacks on anyone at any point within this thread. You on the other hand just referred to me as “mom” and continue to say random things that make no sense or are highly irrelevant. Why you felt the need to throw out your length of time as a member on this forum as a badge of honor as if that somehow elevates you above me I also don’t know. 

I just think this entire thread was created in a mean spirited fashion and it’s always been part of my character to speak up when I see some form of bullying of ridiculing of others. If you disagree. Fine. I’ve said my peace. If you want to ignore my posts - go right ahead, and you are telling me I need to have thicker skin? Interesting. I don’t know why you feel you have a “problem” with me. I feel I’ve spoken soundly and fairly.  That’s on you. I’m moving on. 

Edited by SoCoBills

9 minutes ago, SoCoBills said:

I just think this entire thread was created in a mean spirited fashion and it’s always been part of my character to speak up when I see some form of bullying of ridiculing of others. If you disagree. Fine. I’ve said my peace.

Let's leave it at that, I find it funny to make fun of people who suck at part of their profession,. (like Terry Bradshaw making up words). Granted players not so much. but it's what they signed up for in the NFL, being in the public eye and not embarrassing yourself. Believe me I would have been worse than Leodis  and I'd understand why it would be funny.

Marshawn Lynch knew he hated generic sports answers (and comically butchering them) and got comfortable just being himself and making fun of himself.

You can call it bullying, I have no problem with your opinion. But hear out our side of the story. I think if you're getting paid to do a small facet of your job description and are comically bad at it, then you get ridiculed. I can hardly use the printer in the office and everybody laughs at me and calls me a moron. I'm getting paid to not suck at that. If my drunk uncle is slurring nonsense I'm going to make fun of him.. not bullying.

Notice racism never came up. This is just a sense of humor people have. I don't find it in poor taste and I don't like being judged for feeling that way for the reasons above.

Shannon Sharpe has the thickest Alabama accent and so many alabama grandma idiom stores, he's a fun well spoken (but still pretty bad) analyst.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAD_dxBGMu0 1:30 mark Randy Moss sports writer says "he has the thickest West Virgiina accent I have ever heard... it's amazing". He has a fun accent,, yet is by far my favorite analyst right now. I'd wager Leodis isn't nearly as offended as some of the posts I see here. Just must have a thick Georgian accent (on top of rambling nonsense.

Everybody made fun of Shaq's mathematical illiteracy. IT'S FUNNY!

14 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Making fun of stupid things to say: exhibit A,  how Shaq explains buying gas.

7 hours ago, TigerJ said:

Was Peace Frog's motive in posting it racist?  I don't know what he was thinking, so it is not fair for me to judge.

HE WASN'T. That is such a strong accusation to someone who fins humor in celebrity's stupidity.

48 minutes ago, wppete said:

This thread is a troll job. The OP name is ‘Peace Frog’ with the Green Frog avatar. Check out this article it explains it. 

https://m.mic.com/articles/143778/is-pepe-meme-racist#.Tre89i4fF

or Just Google Pepe the Frog. 

What the hell are you talking about?  My name is from the song Peace Frog by The Doors.  Not to mention, your Pepe frog looks nothing like my frog giving the peace sign.  Your post is a troll job.

On ‎5‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:03 AM, no name said:

this thread is worthless and led to the usual idiocy that some portray on this board.

idiots.gif

It did happen quickly though, which I appreciate.  This thread went from 0 to dumpster fire in 1 post.  Sometimes it takes a whole page.

On ‎5‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:35 AM, phypon said:

Yes.  And you shouldn't be saying 'white'.  That's OUR word.