Incognito's Retirement? [update: Now Released]

Just now, John from Riverside said:

So I have

Glenn (who has not been healthy)

Cog (who had a mental break down of some sort)

Wood (the one that hurts the most to me....injury related)

Who is the 4th player?

Henderson.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Peter said:

He was trying to create leverage after he had buyer's remorse on the restructured deal.

Guess what?  He was successful.  He was able to maneuver his way out of the deal.  We will see if he gets a better contract. 

In my view, we cannot afford to lose offensive linemen . . . especially one that went to the pro bowl last year and has the trust of our best offensive weapon.

What if Cog was going to get released if he did not restructure his deal (this happens in all NFL teams not just the bills)

Is it any different in that situation?   I think they had their replacement in the bullpen in Groy

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

So I have

Glenn (who has not been healthy)

Cog (who had a mental break down of some sort)

Wood (the one that hurts the most to me....injury related)

Who is the 4th player?

Seantrel.  The Bills did not re-sign him and he signed with Houston.

He started a bunch of games for the Bills and has shown that (when healthy) he is capable and certainly a capable back up.  At a minimum, we need the depth.

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Henderson.

The player who hasnt played for us in 2 years that needed weed in order to play?

What am I missing?  Is this a loss?

Just now, Peter said:

Seantrel.  The Bills did not re-sign him and he signed with Houston.

He started a bunch of games for the Bills and has shown that (when healthy) he is capable and certainly a capable back up.  At a minimum, we need the depth.

I actually thought Henderson was not very good when he played (jmo)

My recollection is he would give max effort to try to win the position...then get lazy and play like crap.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, John from Riverside said:

The player who hasnt played for us in 2 years that needed weed in order to play?

To me, yes.

He was on the team last year. We will see how he plays for the Texans.

To say he "needed weed" is a tad of an oversimplification.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

"weed" will and has been a significant step forward for many medical issues.

that's another discussion but it stood out to me you were directing it in a negative way.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Peter said:

To me, yes.

He was on the team last year. We will see how he plays for the Texans.

To say he "needed weed" is a tad of an oversimplification.

Im really not trying to split hairs...just trying to understand.

He has a condition that caused him to lose weight and he has been suspended because he cannot tolerate the pain without using weed which is still illegal in the league.  Am I missing something?

5 minutes ago, FrankoElTanko said:

I am okay with moving on but I worry about him staying in the AFCE and hurting us. 

Maybe he goes to the Pats* as a secret agent and we get free shots on Brady right up the middle?  It’s Richie, nothing is TOO crazy!!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

What if Cog was going to get released if he did not restructure his deal (this happens in all NFL teams not just the bills)

Is it any different in that situation?   I think they had their replacement in the bullpen in Groy

Completely different. 

You know why?

we just let the player say “restructure me or release me” instead. 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

Maybe he goes to the Pats* as a secret agent and we get free shots on Brady right up the middle?  It’s Richie, nothing is TOO crazy!!! 

A little bit of J. Mills (@SD) type effort during the infamous Peterman start, lmao

3 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

"weed" will and has been a significant step forward for many medical issues.

that's another discussion but it stood out to me you were directing it in a negative way.

That is def not my intention.

I dont have any problem with it at all..its just that the NFL still does which is what makes it a problem.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Im really not trying to split hairs...just trying to understand.

He has a condition that caused him to lose weight and he has been suspended because he cannot tolerate the pain without using weed which is still illegal in the league.  Am I missing something?

Yes, he overcame the illness and was on the team last year.  To me, it was worth extending him especially given the investment we had in him as well as the sorry state of our line.

When healthy, he can start at multiple positions on the line . . . and, at a minimum, provides good depth.

Just my two cents.

Just now, NoSaint said:

Completely different. 

You know why?

we just let the player say “restructure me or release me” instead. 

I understand that side of it.

What I am wondering is if the bills were considering cutting him anyway in their "on the go rebiuld" so it was not such a bit deal that this happened.

I dont like the precident though....and i thought they made a good statement with Bolden

1 minute ago, Peter said:

Yes, he overcame the illness and was on the team last year.  To me, it was worth extending him especially given the investment we had in him as well as the sorry state of our line.

When healthy, he can start at multiple positions on the line . . . and, at a minimum, provides good depth.

Just my two cents.

At $4m I’m not sure I’m paying him... but I also think that cuts johns “he’s just a bum” take out at the knees. The guy has potential.

i agree fans got overly excited about his play but it wasn’t bad either.