Hard Knocks 2018: The Cleveland Browns

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s running with the 3rd team here. 

Have to learn the playbook.   Wasn't he taking second team reps on Sunday?...

Per Fairburn at The Athletic:

Corey Coleman’s role expanding

A week into his tenure with the Bills, Corey Coleman is starting to see more meaningful snaps in practice. He spent time with the second-team offense during practice and had walk-through reps with the first team. McDermott said he would be watching Coleman closely in the coming days as he continues to increase his rep count. Coleman also got some reps as a kick returner during special-teams drills. It appears he’s on track to play against his former team Friday.

Edited by Lurker

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Have to learn the playbook.   Wasn't he taking second team reps on Sunday?...

Per Fairburn at The Athletic:

Corey Coleman’s role expanding

A week into his tenure with the Bills, Corey Coleman is starting to see more meaningful snaps in practice. He spent time with the second-team offense during practice and had walk-through reps with the first team. McDermott said he would be watching Coleman closely in the coming days as he continues to increase his rep count. Coleman also got some reps as a kick returner during special-teams drills. It appears he’s on track to play against his former team Friday.

Yes, i do think he’s still learning the playbook 

5 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

Tyrod is awesome.

Browns will have a winning record this year - book it.

Considering the Over/Under for Brows wins in 2018 is 5.5 (I've seen some at 4.5), bookies will gladly book it for you.  

As far as tonight's episode goes, instead of sending Gregg throat lozenges, he needs Preparation H for his entire being.  

3 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Gosh, the Browns are a mess. Haley and Williams are ridiculous, and it is obvious that Hue does not know what he's doing. 

The more I think about that episode, the more embarrassing it gets. Worst coached team in the league by a large margin. 

It seems like Hue is taking a lot more heat for things than he did during last year's camp. I guess that happens when you go winless, fire your scapegoat and turn on the cameras for everyone to see what's behind the curtain.

54 minutes ago, chknwing334 said:

Holy crap, watching this really makes me appreciate the coaching staff and GM in Buffalo! Cleveland is a mess! 

I haven't watched the second episode yet, but the first made me appreciate Hue Jackson more. I've generally liked what I've seen from him, he's landed in to dysfunctional spots that make the Bills during the drought look competent at all times.

I'm not saying I'm right, it's just how I feel watching it. It's impossible to say a guy who is 1-31 or whatever is doing a good job. But that roster has been a mess. 

Now if you're talking whole coaching staff, that meeting in the first episode looks like a train wreck where guys are challenging him. It was sharks smelling blood in the water. But his interactions with players, I generally liked it, especially the talk with Baker.

Also, all the **** he has been through and kept it to himself, stayed a professional. Didn't tell people or whine about it even though you could tell he was hurting, I thought it was admirable. That does nothing as a head coach, but I just generally find him to be a good guy. And a sympathetic figure at this point. 

I don't like a lot of NFL coaches, but I do hope somewhere, if not Cleveland, he finds success as a HC.

8 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I haven't watched the second episode yet, but the first made me appreciate Hue Jackson more. I've generally liked what I've seen from him, he's landed in to dysfunctional spots that make the Bills during the drought look competent at all times.

I'm not saying I'm right, it's just how I feel watching it. It's impossible to say a guy who is 1-31 or whatever is doing a good job. But that roster has been a mess. 

Now if you're talking whole coaching staff, that meeting in the first episode looks like a train wreck where guys are challenging him. It was sharks smelling blood in the water. But his interactions with players, I generally liked it, especially the talk with Baker.

Also, all the **** he has been through and kept it to himself, stayed a professional. Didn't tell people or whine about it even though you could tell he was hurting, I thought it was admirable. That does nothing as a head coach, but I just generally find him to be a good guy. And a sympathetic figure at this point. 

I don't like a lot of NFL coaches, but I do hope somewhere, if not Cleveland, he finds success as a HC.

He seems like a great guy and a professional, but as a head coach I just don't think he makes the cut. And the rest of the coaching staff are terrible.

And man, nobody seems like they are on the same page. Every coach is just doing their own thing. In Buffalo there seems to be real cohesion and the team is working toward a common goal. I think that can't be understated in importance.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

This take on Hue Jackson finally answers the small question I had in my mind in regards to your takes on some of the subjects discussed here at TBD. I always thought they were terrible but now I am 100% sure of it. There is absolutely nothing to appreciate about Hue's coaching. HE makes the situations dysfunctional and Im shocked anyone would be impressed with anything they have seen. The guy is a terrible leader of men. He could theoretically be a good cheerleader but that is about as close as he should ever get to a football team. I'm very confident you won't have to worry about him succeeding anywhere as a HC unless it's a Pop Warner team.

I haven't read this whole thread on the Browns to see if this was mentioned already, but am I the only one who thinks Josh Gordon's absence is more due to the fact the Browns have this going on and not that he actually needs extra counseling?

Well, that was disappointing. They barely showed anything having to do with the Coleman trade. 

They showed him at his house admiring his shoe collection. Then on the field dropping a bunch of passes and getting his ass chewed out by the coaches. Then there was a 15 second scene in Hue office and that was about it. 

I thought it was kind of ridiculous some of the plays he got yelled at about. Specifically that one pass that Haley reams him over saying something about how it hit him right in the chest. The ball was nowhere near him! I don’t see how he could have made that catch. Seemed like Haley was yelling at him just to yell. 

Also, found it kind of interesting that they show David Njoku dropping just as many passes as Coleman and yet he was not chewed out nearly as bad for any of the drops. 

I will say that I thought the Browns coaching staff did come off a little better in this episode than the last one, but that’s not a very high bar to clear... lol. 

1 hour ago, Heitz said:

Selective editing I’m sure, but he definitely asked for it.  Would love to know what else led up to the outburst in Hue’s office!

I would also say, would YOU want to play for Hayley? Him and Gregg together on the sidelines chiding players, rather than coaching them. Ugh.

How about the personal guy w Dorsey?  Seemed completely unprepared...

Yeah, I haven’t seen much actual coaching from them. From what I’ve seen on the show, they don’t seem all that interested in trying to help their players understand what exactly they did wrong and/or how to fix it. I don’t see the attention to detail.

I’ve just see a bunch of screaming about effort level and how they’re idiots for screwing up. 

Also agree on that personnel guy (or whatever he was). He definitely didn’t seem prepared, which is probably why he was so hesitant to hand over that list of WR’s. 

I mean, how does your head personnel guy not have a list prepared of available players?  

30 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

This take on Hue Jackson finally answers the small question I had in my mind in regards to your takes on some of the subjects discussed here at TBD. I always thought they were terrible but now I am 100% sure of it. There is absolutely nothing to appreciate about Hue's coaching. HE makes the situations dysfunctional and Im shocked anyone would be impressed with anything they have seen. The guy is a terrible leader of men. He could theoretically be a good cheerleader but that is about as close as he should ever get to a football team. I'm very confident you won't have to worry about him succeeding anywhere as a HC unless it's a Pop Warner team.

Lol thanks have a good one. Worried about him being a good HC, are you illiterate? 

Just put me on ignore. Don't care what you think. 

46 minutes ago, MJS said:

He seems like a great guy and a professional, but as a head coach I just don't think he makes the cut. And the rest of the coaching staff are terrible.

And man, nobody seems like they are on the same page. Every coach is just doing their own thing. In Buffalo there seems to be real cohesion and the team is working toward a common goal. I think that can't be understated in importance.

I completely agree with you on this. That's why I'm saying the assistants look like sharks smelling blood in the water. Both Haley and Williams, and probably a few others took those jobs to advance themselves. Hopefully get a few games as interim HC, win a game or two and pit their name in the mix for another HC job.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 hours ago, Heitz said:

Tyrod might be the Browns best acquisition - guy gets it. 

With all the criticism he has received from Bills fans notwithstanding, I think it was always understood that he was a good leader, and a great teammate. 

I thought it was telling also, when Haley was making fun of Nassib's first name, "Carl," Tyrod was visibly uncomfortable, and clearly not on board with bagging on one of his teammates.

I believe he will help the Brown's, and Baker Mayfield this year. And, for his sake, I hope he then moves on.

• Like (+1) 5

Haley is a tough to like but has had success as an OC.  

Hue Jackson seems like a classier version of Rex Ryan...but not by a whole lot.  

Williams...ugh.  

Still feel that letting Tyrod go and be left with Peterman and Mcarron to mentor Allen was a big mistake.   I just like his character and athleticism.  

The coverage of the Coleman trade left me wondering what the heck this guy is all about and hope he doesn’t become a distraction.  

But all in all watching Hard Knocks (despite the cheesy fluff) made me really happy that it’s football season again!

Go Bills!

-It's never a good sign when your starting quarterback is giving a head coach advice.

-Everybody gets one mulligan except for Josh Gordon apparently.

-I don't think there's a coach in sports more unlikable than Gregg Williams.

-I could tell it was a preseason game because Tyrod's two minute drill didn't end with a sack on 4th down after 4 plays.

-Coleman only practices with the 1st team.  Period.  You f*** with him and he'll make you trade him.

-Looking forward to next week's episode with the Bills coming to town.