Jump to content
YoloinOhio

WR Russell Shepard released from Carolina; scheduled to meet with Bills

Recommended Posts

On ‎5‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 2:13 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He was decent with Tampa which led to the deal Carolina paid him in FA last year and plays ST. Beane was there when he was signed.

 

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/sports/nfl/carolina-panthers/article211094469.html

He's worth a look, at worst he'd be a guy to compete with Streater for the 5th WR spot and a STer. 

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I really dont see what the problem is

 

At worst he is camp fodder

At best he actually finds his game and contributes

 

This receiving core is going to be based on 2 things.......Kelvin's health and Zay's ability to overcome that horrible rookie season....there are role players that you hope can contibute someting in Streater and Kerley.....its starts with Kelvin and Zay.

Kerley is a proven depth WR and Holmes has shown he can be a red zone specialist. While I'd like to improve our depth with a guy like Maclin or Kamar Aiken I don't think our WR depth is as horrible as people make it out to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 5:27 PM, Kirby Jackson said:

This Bills must have employed the most former QBs that changed positions. Shepard is a not brainer. He is the new Brad Smith, Joe Webb, Logan Thomas...

whats a not brainer ? i am old and not up on the hep lingo

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

whats a not brainer ? i am old and not up on the hep lingo

Is that hep A, B or C lingo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

He's worth a look, at worst he'd be a guy to compete with Streater for the 5th WR spot and a STer. 

Kerley is a proven depth WR and Holmes has shown he can be a red zone specialist. While I'd like to improve our depth with a guy like Maclin or Kamar Aiken I don't think our WR depth is as horrible as people make it out to be.

I like Kerley a lot. I think people are sleeping on him a bit. Honestly, I don't love Holmes, but he is big and really the only height on the team outside of KB. I think Shepard could be a younger, more interesting and cheaper version of Holmes. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Is that hep A, B or C lingo?

Yes of course! I had forgotten.  You Kids use the word "Hip" these days. it means current and cool i think. Just like "Hep" but different letters.
 

☺️
 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

 

The guy we drafted best case scenario will be the QB you are detesting.

Says you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Kerley a lot. I think people are sleeping on him a bit. Honestly, I don't love Holmes, but he is big and really the only height on the team outside of KB. I think Shepard could be a younger, more interesting and cheaper version of Holmes. 

 

11 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I like Kerley a lot. I think people are sleeping on him a bit. Honestly, I don't love Holmes, but he is big and really the only height on the team outside of KB. I think Shepard could be a younger, more interesting and cheaper version of Holmes. 

I was a bit of a fan when Bills picked him up so quickly. I think he will be  reliable Rec.
 Holmes and Benjamin are both RZ threats and could be a nice duo down there. KB has more to his game but i fear is a health risk with those knees.

Not that bad but not that good of a core. and this guy is not going to move the meter IMHO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Hopefully the NFL gets rid of kickoffs SOON so the Bills stop thinking that 5 of their top 6 WR have to be plus special teamers.      It's a passing league not a kick coverage league.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Elite Poster said:

 

The guy we drafted best case scenario will be the QB you are detesting.

I strongly disagree with that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 years in the league. 

47 Rec for 600 yds, 4td's

Last year CAR had no WR's and he still had minimal impact.

In TAM it was Mike Evans and nobody and he had minimal impact.

Was undrafted out of LSU

At LSU was a contributor but not a star. Caught 6 passes his senior year.

 

Yep - He solves all of our woes at WR...

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ngbills said:

5 years in the league. 

47 Rec for 600 yds, 4td's

Last year CAR had no WR's and he still had minimal impact.

In TAM it was Mike Evans and nobody and he had minimal impact.

Was undrafted out of LSU

At LSU was a contributor but not a star. Caught 6 passes his senior year.

 

Yep - He solves all of our woes at WR...

 

 

He was a QB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He was a QB

He was a QB in the wildcat his freshman year. He played WR/RB the next three years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was a QB

Ohhhh....Maybe we'll get to see Russell Shepard's package?!?!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Brandon Beane and McDermott like what they know. 

Which is common in the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ngbills said:

He was a QB in the wildcat his freshman year. He played WR/RB the next three years. 

He was recruited as a QB. He was one of the top recruits in the country. It wasn’t really the wildcat as much as he was a bad passer. He was a slash player that wasn’t a talented enough skill player to play ahead of others there. His LSU stats really don’t tell much of the story, good or bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He was recruited as a QB. He was one of the top recruits in the country. It wasn’t really the wildcat as much as he was a bad passer. He was a slash player that wasn’t a talented enough skill player to play ahead of others there. His LSU stats really don’t tell much of the story, good or bad.

And he has been a WR for either 5 or 8 years now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ngbills said:

And he has been a WR for either 5 or 8 years now...

I am confused as to the point that you are trying to make? He isn’t a good receiver now and wasn’t when he became one. He’s a good athlete but that’s about it. I’m not even sure if we are in agreement or not. All that I was saying is his LSU stats are meaningless because he switched positions and tried to learn to be a slash guy. It makes no difference if the Bills bring him in or not. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I am confused as to the point that you are trying to make? He isn’t a good receiver now and wasn’t when he became one. He’s a good athlete but that’s about it. I’m not even sure if we are in agreement or not. All that I was saying is his LSU stats are meaningless because he switched positions and tried to learn to be a slash guy. It makes no difference if the Bills bring him in or not. 

I get confused on here too. I think we agree - he is not a good WR and has enough time now to show that. Good athletic guy but about it. I am so used to hearing "MCD knows him so he must be legit, etc"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I get confused on here too. I think we agree - he is not a good WR and has enough time now to show that. Good athletic guy but about it. I am so used to hearing "MCD knows him so he must be legit, etc"

No one said that because McD doesn’t know him. He only played in carolina 1 year, and that was last year.

 

no one has said he’s legit or that he’s, as you put it, the “answer to their WR woes”

 

we just predicted they would bring him in because 1) he’s a WR 2) he was decent in Tampa to the point where Carolina signed him in FA and Beane was still there when they did and 3) he is a very strong ST player which they require for depth players

Edited by YoloinOhio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No one said that because McD doesn’t know him. He only played in carolina 1 year, and that was last year.

 

no one has said he’s legit or that he’s, as you put it, the “answer to their WR woes”

 

we just predicted they would bring him in because 1) he’s a WR 2) he was decent in Tampa to the point where Carolina signed him in FA and Beane was still there when they did and 3) he is a very strong ST player which they require for depth players

I meant it more as sarcasm and a general mindset we see on here a lot. "Trust the process" and dont question or debate anything because the McBeane team knows whats going on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 2:15 PM, YoloinOhio said:

He was also ST captain for two years in Tampa. McD sending the private jet.

Smh sad... this coaching staff love special teams & fullbacks...

 

 

Why not sign an extra punter & kicker for depth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I find it interesting that when talking wrs. Nobody talks about Brandon Riley I think he is going to have a place on this team and the bills already have a plan for him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2018 at 2:31 PM, BuffaloBill said:

His drop in production is concerning.  It’s not like Buffalo has been the land of turnaround stories for poorly performing WR’s.

Ah, but he's never played with AJ McCarron, two time national champion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×