More wins in 2018, Browns or Bills?

More wins in 2018? Browns or Bills?   

252 members have voted

1. 1. More wins in 2018?

• Browns
    • Bills

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/01/2018 at 05:42 PM

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Agreed.  Don't misread my posts.  I think/hope the Browns are turning things around.  Like the Bills I see them potentially being a dangerous team in the 2019 season.  I just think a lot of people, OP included, are a little too optimistic about the Browns this season.  Turnarounds take time...especially from 1-15 and 0-16.  I expect to see improvement from them, but they're not going to go "Zero to Hero" in just one season.

Agreed, rebuilding takes time and I see it taking 2-3 year before these teams truly become contenders if they continue the upward trend.  I'm excited.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

We have a very solid run game though and that is what this team is, a run first team.  So many on here compare this team to other teams that pass the ball way more than us and compare the weapons.  We win by strong defense and a solid run game with a few plays here and there from the QB.  Once Allen develops, I think they expect and hope that will change but we have a roster that doesn't need the QB to win every game for us.  Last year was evidence of that.  I don't know what our record will be this year with such a big roster turnover again but I'm not going to go against this coaching staff who proved so many wrong last season.

HAD a very strong run game. Past tense. Quick, name the 3 interior starting OL from our pack of backups who are going to step in and step up to keep our once strong run game effective.

31 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

browns will have an easier schedule, and if they are starting TT and we are starting Allen, I can see the browns. I think this is a coin flip tbh

Schedule and QB is my reasoning. Beane and McDermott won't look good this year, fans have to think long-term. Bills will improve the offense a lot next offseason. 

3 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

HAD a very strong run game. Past tense. Quick, name the 3 interior starting OL from our pack of backups who are going to step in and step up to keep our once strong run game effective.

It's understandable to think we will take a step back from last year but the scheme/philosophy has changed as well as the players.  We have no idea what will happen up front next year.  You can point to past performances all you want to say they will be bad but what happened to Poyer and Hyde last year when they joined a different scheme?  I remember the grumbling over how we had the worst safeties in the league and yet...they became one of the best in a different scheme.  It's not as cut and dry as fans make it.  We will see how the group plays together.  

• Like (+1) 2

The Browns have 4 wins in three seasons, Seriously 4 wins in three years! They shocked the nfl by going Mayfield 1 and passing on Chubb at 4. I'd saying if you gave 31 other teams the number 1 and 4 pick in this years draft they don't end up with Mayfield and Ward. Now perhaps the Browns are smarter then every other team in the NFL or perhaps they are still the Browns.

I'll even say that the Bills ended with up the Better QB and better Defensive player in the first round when its all said and done.

I do think they are improved but I also think they blew this draft big time. I'd say the Browns are a 4 win team.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Charlottebillsfan2 said:

The Browns have 4 wins in three seasons, Seriously 4 wins in three years! They shocked the nfl by going Mayfield 1 and passing on Chubb at 4. I'd saying if you gave 31 other teams the number 1 and 4 pick in this years draft they don't end up with Mayfield and Ward. Now perhaps the Browns are smarter then every other team in the NFL or perhaps they are still the Browns.

I'll even say that the Bills ended with up the Better QB and better Defensive player in the first round when its all said and done.

I do think they are improved but I also think they blew this draft big time. I'd say the Browns are a 4 win team.

Of course not every team would choose the same players.  Need and team fit come into play here.  Mayfield has the type of swagger that John Dorsey likes and thinks fits what they are trying to do.  

It's the same reason why Buffalo took Allen over Rosen, it was a better fit for this team and what this coaching staff is trying to do.

Maybe Cleveland's got the right managment now... MAYBE, but no way to confirm today.

All they've done is signed a bunch of Fantasy Football names and I don't buy that it will actually work.  You don't go from 0-16 to winning >6 games w/o major changes to the culture of an organization.  There's also more to the game than just skill players.

Going with the Bills at 7 to 9 wins vs Cleveland getting 3-6 wins

4 hours ago, TheTruthHurts said:

I don't think it will be close. Bills 3-4 wins and the Browns 8-9. 

I love how this board every year predicts 3 or 4 wins and yet every year we double that.  Next year, we are going to be "awful" again and yet we never are.  

On the flip side, this same board always says the Browns will be good and a team on the rise...and then they win 1 game in last 32 games.

Hilarious.  There wont be a 9 win gap again this year between Browns and Bills, but I still think the Bills will win at least 8 games and could challenge for the playoffs again IF...and this is a key IF...either AJ or Allen (or both) can be solid or better.  D will be even better than last year IMO and I think it has the potential to be a top 10 unit this year.  I think the offense is not going to drop off much, if at all, like so many of the usual doom and gloomers predict.  So with a better D and what I expect to be similar or better production from the offense, this team shouldn't fall off much and could even improve.  

DISCLAIMER:  If both AJ and Allen struggle a lot, then I don't think the D will be good enough to keep this team at or above .500 this year.  However, I am also in the camp that the offense shouldn't fall off much and could actually be better under AJ than TT.  In the event Allen beats AJ out for the job in preseason or sometime during the season, then I would expect Allen to be able to do the same or better.  

So, I will still take the Bills in this scenario, but I am also optimistic at QB this year.  I am concerned about OL turnover and WR health though, so hopefully we see some positive signs in preseason in those areas.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I just dont get some people.....negative nancies

The browns annually suck....I mean suck BAD

We just made the playoffs.....and even when we dont we are in the 8-8 range every year.

Can we let the Browns actually win a couple of games a season before we actually put the tail between the legs?

• Like (+1) 2