Matt Patricia story

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I hope this doesn't negatively impact Belichick disciples stellar head coaching success once they leave New England.

Its funny if they looked at BB's tree for guys who went on to be GM's and Presidents its farrr more successful. You have Ozzie Newsome for starters, Scott Peoli, Demtrioff etc.. Coach wise Saban may be his most successful and he is in the college ranks. But I think those who got his tutelage for non coaching positions have done well in my $.02 opinion

How can anyone have an issue with this story being reported?  Everything reported is a fact.   That’s the media’s job. I think disclosing that you were indicted by a grand jury for a sexual assault is something that an employer would like to know.  Sucks for him if he was innocent, but still something you should come clean about if you got nothing to hide.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I hope Ronan Farrow wasn't reading that while eating breakfast because he might have choked on his Rice Chex.  

It wasn't Rice Chex he was choking on.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Anyone surprised that we didn't hear about this until he left NE?

They know how to cover up the dirty laundry from all their years of cheating and destroying evidence. As soon as you leave NE, you are no longer a protected man.

Why didn't Patricia mention this in the interview process?  Has he not watched the news or been online for the last 2 years?  If its out there he should have mentioned it-even from 30 years ago.  He rationalized not mentioning it.  This is the most damning thing to me.   The Lions, for now, have chosen to look past this.  We will see where public pressure goes.

Edited by JoeF

49 minutes ago, Max Fischer said:

Wow, Dude.  Check your life. 

No need to. What I said is accurate.

Everyone over reacting to this needs to check their life. He was not charged or convicted. We don't know the situation other than salacious headlines and quotes.  A low thinker would be satisfied by that which Twitter provides, that being the bastion for all that is wrong with society.

It is no concern to what never happened to any of us. Further, this was 20 years ago and we do not know the Paul Harvey rest of the story.  But, here we are watching the overreactions of folks over something they have no god damn business discussing.

What a joke.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Max Fischer said:

You clearly clearly have a strong opinion on women speaking out on alleged sexual assault.

It’s not “taking sides” to report something that happened. Even you would have to admit that a woman reported an assault by three men and a grand jury thought there was enough evidence to warrant a trial. Those are facts. 

The reporter also explained what happened next, which I thought was fair to Patricia and the woman. 

Yes, he is innocent in the court of law.

Yes, he very well may be entirely without fault and the woman made up the whole thing. 

But we also cannot assume we know anything else and mostly because the writer posed questions we may never know. 

You know nothing about me so please refrain from proclaiming what my opinion is on any topic.  Feel free to state your opinion on whatever you like, but check your arrogance.  It undermines whatever you state. 

Now I will state my opinion.  The accuser came forward, provided evidence, and an indictment was in place.  She had an obligation to testify in open court to protect other woman in society from potential future attacks if her allegations were true.  That's my strong opinion.  I hope we are clear.  Everyone, men or woman or non-binaries, should come forward to report sexual assault to protect the rest of society.  But... the accused deserve their day in court to vigorously defend themselves.  This never happened, and now they author is digging this up punish the Patricia in the court of public opinion.  I find it appalling.

And for the record for you and the author - Patricia is not innocent in the court of law.  No one is ever found innocent.  You are declared guilty or not guilty, but he is neither as this never went to trial.

7 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

As CopyPaste displays, this is what's wrong with this.

An indictment means nothing. Why would the Lions or anyone else care about an indictment?  Do we need a world where a simple accusation can destroy someone's life?  Many plebs seem to think so but the axe is ground in both ends and cuts just as deep when it's weilded back at such reckless behavior.

This is just another mockery of journalism, Uhmerikuh, & social media BS.  It is an indictment against all those who react that they're simpletons and until there is evidence for concern than I don't want to hear anything.  That doesn't mean I won't be here to combat ignorance of those foolish enough to believe this is a thing, however.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

AGGRAVATED SEXUAL ASSAULT OF A CHILD?

On March 15, 1996, in the middle of spring break on South Padre Island, Texas, a 21-year-old woman alleged to police.

I'm confused...

Edited by napmaster
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

No need to. What I said is accurate.

Everyone over reacting to this needs to check their life. He was not charged or convicted. We don't know the situation other than salacious headlines and quotes.  A low thinker would be satisfied by that which Twitter provides, that being the bastion for all that is wrong with society.

It is no concern to what never happened to any of us. Further, this was 20 years ago and we do not know the Paul Harvey rest of the story.  But, here we are watching the overreactions of folks over something they have no god damn business discussing.

What a joke.

This is spot on.

#metoo has often devolved into any accusation leaving the accused "guilty in a court of public opinion".

While the "movement" has been a cathartic reckoning of sorts -that in many ways needed to happen- it does not seek truth. It is an angry, pitchfork wielding mob looking for a public figure to hang.

Let's all remember in the US we are supposee to be innocent until proven guilty. He very well may have done this and more, but he also may have been wrongly accused or mis-identified. We really have no freakin idea either way.

Welcome to the twitter world. It's going to get alot worse before it gets better.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Shotgunner said:

This is spot on.

#metoo has often devolved into any accusation leaving the accused "guilty in a court of public opinion".

While the "movement" has been a cathartic reckoning of sorts -that in many ways needed to happen- it does not seek truth. It is an angry, pitchfork wielding mob looking for a public figure to hang.

Let's all remember in the US we are supposee to be innocent until proven guilty. He very well may have done this and more, but he also may have been wrongly accused or mis-identified. We really have no freakin idea either way.

Welcome to the twitter world. It's going to get alot worse before it gets better.

I so want to go somewhere with a reply on this on the actual power of twitter  but know it would get ugly fast.

There is so much data on all of us that is 'out there' & more is being compiled every day without a generally accepted 'time window' floor.

I sure won't be going to my 50th HS Reunion because I'll likely be reminded of something I may or may not have done and someone will decide to reminisce it into a blog.

The time window for data will eventually push back to birth and that's a pretty deep column.

I do not want to judge any portion of Matt Patricia's life, so rather than ask for 'more data' on this incident, I'd rather just skip that stone on the surface and paraphrasing my mother, 'mind my own damned business'.

I'm sure the Lions knew, so I'm not sure why Deadspin seems perplexed about it.  Question for Deadspin, how come you guys didn't pick it up and run some article about this.  Shouldn't some fool writing for them be doing such **** for every coaching candidate?  

It's relevant and I see no problem with writing a story on it.

I highly doubt the Lions didn't know about it already.  It's ridiculous to think otherwise, IMO.  You can google anyone's name and find out all the bad stuff they've done if they were charged.

He was charged.  He was indicted.  Then the charges were dropped.  So the story is really a non-story, IMO.

This has nothing to do with the current #metoo movement - which is very real and a very real problem, as very few accused have actually denied the allegations.  Patricia actually did deny the allegations, both 20 years ago, and now.  And he went through the system and the charges were dropped.  Does that mean nothing happened?  Only three people know.  But he's an innocent man.  Period.

• Like (+1) 1