Draft Analyst Joe Marino of FanRag Sports on Bills Draft, Allen

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Before the draft they had Sigmund Bloom on who loves Allen and it wouldn't surprise me if he's on again very soon.

I rather hear what Sigmund Freud has to say ;)

• Like (+1) 1

Be should be entitled to their opinions and allowed to express them.

My big thing on this is all of these "analysts" now will simply move on to the next year's crop of quarterbacks.

- If they were were right about a player they will definately bring it up

- If they are wrong...you will never hear them mention that player again

The bills management however do not have that luxury......they took a QB 7th overall and TRADED UP TO GET HIM....

- If this doesnt work out....they get fired.  Dont think that they dont know this......

- If it does work out?  They are genious......especially because they found a way to keep their other 1st round pick and didnt part with the 2019 pick

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Tatonka68 said:

Do you have any video evidence of this inaccuracy or did you just make it up like CNN?

Yeah I actually watched a lot of his game film. He has area code accuracy on a lot of throws. He has a tendency to sail some deep throws way past his target. He also makes some outstanding boundary and over the middle throws that a Buffalo QB hasn't made since Jim Kelly. We have to hope those become the norm. Even his biggest supporters understand he is a project.

16 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Could you name 3 please?  They don't exist.

I gave you this in another thread earlier today

4 hours ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Daniel Jeremiah had Allen as the 14th best overall player in the draft. link

Mike Mayock had Allen as his 9th best overall player in the draft. link

Matt Miller had Allen as his 7th best overall player in the draft. link

And finally, the Bills FO clearly were huge on Josh Allen. They traded up to 7 and selected him.

Can you find me a single person who has any history with the league that had Allen as a 3rd rounder? Let alone 5?

Suddenly, you don't exist...

1 hour ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Beane, McDermott, Daboll

Ha!  I meant 3 objective, independent draft "experts" who have nothing to do with the organization.

Hell, listen to Beane's comments on Allen right after selecting him.

He couldn't really tell you why he thought Allen was going to be good.  Maybe Pegula told him to take Allen...would make Beane's comments make a lot more sense.

1 minute ago, Fadingpain said:

Ha!  I meant 3 objective, independent draft "experts" who have nothing to do with the organization.

He couldn't really tell you why he thought Allen was going to be good.  Maybe Pegula told him to take Allen...would make Beane's comments make a lot more sense.

Do you REALLY think Pegula told them which qb to take?

I dont

Joe Marino and NDT Scouting’s Ben Solak sit down to discuss the pros and cons of each landing spot on today’s Draft Dudes podcast. From scheme fit to opportunity to play immediately, Joe and Ben provide commentary on what to expect from each situation from future starters.

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Well all you have to do is Google it but that would require you being objective.  Arizona preferred Allen and Allen was viewed as a Top 10 pick by most experts and all you would have to do is Google it.  Beane could have traded all the way to 2.  He didn't because he won't overpay but you are suggesting his drafting of Allen was desperation and not the result of evaluation by those 3 NFL experts and that a guy that works for some joke of a web site should apparently be Bufs GM because he's a better evaluator of talent.  Got it?.

6 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Completion percentage is THROW + CATCH = COMPLETION. TAKES TWO PEOPLE. People who question is accuracy never watched him play. Put Josh Rosen at Wyoming and what would his completion rate be??

In fact, some people who question Josh Allen's accuracy spent considerable time watching film of him play and breaking it down carefully.

How many hours have you spent watching each throw and evaluating throwing technique etc?

Look, I'm not trying to dis the kid off.  I hope he succeeds.  Some of the criticism is way over the top.  But some of his defenders are, too.  This can't be supported.

12 hours ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Look Taylor was what he was. Bills got the max out of him and it was just enough to make the playoffs and not enough to win a playoff game. Time to move on. I am not underselling Tyrod just being factual. After this much time in the league and as a starter Tyrod is what he is. Allen has potential not yet understood. That potential might be what the Bills have been needing for years. I am going to think it is because that what I choose to believe. You can choose to believe it won’t happen. 

I wasn’t saying to change the draft plan for a QB.  I was just saying they should’ve kept Taylor and drafted a QB, because the third round pick and money saved is going to lead to a lot more Ls than had they kept Tyrod with Allen and Peterman continuing to learn.

3 hours ago, Ayjent said:

I wasn’t saying to change the draft plan for a QB.  I was just saying they should’ve kept Taylor and drafted a QB, because the third round pick and money saved is going to lead to a lot more Ls than had they kept Tyrod with Allen and Peterman continuing to learn.

It was a decisive move made by the Bills to move forward, frankly for them and Taylor. Bills received a third round pick, which they used to get one of the best LB’s in the draft. There will be no locker room issue with Taylor vs Allen. The Bills won games last year with mediocre QB play. I am not expecting a drastic improvement this year over last year from the offense. I am expecting to see a QB who will display flashes of being a good QB in this league when he gets starts. 

On 5/4/2018 at 2:32 AM, BuffaloRush said:

His concerns about Allen are valid.  But if this guy was any good, he’d write for a better site than a second rate website like  FanRag Sports.  

Idk he did have Mason as a 3rd also look where he went . He was right bout that. 

On 5/3/2018 at 4:36 PM, Fadingpain said:

Good.  I've obviously made it known that the Allen pick was ridiculous and the record is well established on where I stand.

When we are going through all this crap again in 2 or 3 years with a new regime at the helm, I'll remind everyone.

Don't you people want to get it right?  Or do you just try to make yourselves feel good? 

I guess this team is a religion for you, and faith is all you need.

:thumbdown:

Pointing out a few of Allen's debilitating flaws is not a "hot take".

It might not jive with what you hope Allen to be, but that really isn't relevant to the discussion on Allen as a draft pick.

The irony of what is bolded here is not lost on me, nor should you. YOU are the one who craves to be correct.

Edited by Like A Mofo