Bills' Rookie Minicamp is May 11-12 - Saturday Practice Closed to the Media

6 hours ago, eball said:

Umm, yeah, anyone who uses the phrase "these days" isn't exactly open-minded...

:mellow: Did you think about this at all before you posted it... I'm guessing no.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

No he falls into the category of bad Bills QBs who go by initials... JP, EJ, AJ 

Let's hope that one of those things does not belong

3 hours ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Gonna have to start calling mccarron, Raymond.

Just call him "Junior" (AJ = Anthony, Junior).   "Jun" for short.  Jack, Joe, Jim, Jun, Josh.  FIFY.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Bfanlc said:

Sooooooo was anyone else at the minicamp or was it just Allen and Edmonds? Just went through 15 pages of a thread about the minicamp. 99% of the posts (that were related to football and the camp) were about Allen with 1% being about Edmonds. I saw one post about how Proehl did something about a 50 yard bomb Foster caught and that was it. How did everyone not named Allen do? 

You're asking the wrong people. Try these guys:

http://buffalonews.com/section/sports/bills/latest-bills/

How much will Josh Allen be paying attention to his fellow QB draft class?

Every quarterback draft class is put up against one another as time goes on. Who had the best career? Who won the most Super Bowls? Who wound up as the biggest bust of the group and who exceeded expectations?

For some classes, those comparisons start almost immediately because of the hype surrounding the group as they all enter the league together. That’s most likely going to be the case with the 2018 class after five signal-callers were drafted in the first round and thirteen of them were selected overall.

The minute Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson all start seeing the field we’re going to be analyzing and comparing them to one another on a weekly basis. But what about the QBs themselves? How much will they be paying attention to each others’ performances?

On 5/9/2018 at 8:50 PM, JoeF said:

Austin Proehl mentioned in his interview with Tasker and Murph that he will be in town for about 4 weeks straight before the pre-training camp break.  I imagine all the rooks will be around for OTA's, Minicamp and conditioning. 

It's not games, but talking about on the field action is better than dissecting every McCarron and Allen bad throw from their past and fretting about the lack of offensive line and WR talent...I expect we will see some roster moves in the next four weeks that will address some of the holes.  There's a long time to Fisher and likely some significant cuts at positions of need for us to ponder and debate.  I think the "win some now, win big later" philosophy that Beane and McDermott are implementing has promise.  

Go Bills!

Yes!.  Technically, only the minicamp is required for players, but fringe players and youngsters know that if they don't participate in everything, odds are they won't make the team.  Some won't anyway, but for those who art on the edge anyway are writing themselves a ticket out of twon if they don't participate.

Any word if any camp invitees got contracts? Maybe that QB Zippy-doo-dah?

On 5/12/2018 at 9:23 PM, #34fan said:

:rolleyes: Oh lord, Please tell me that's not another pic of the missus... You've got at least 2 priors for showing off.

Skeptics don't need hugs. -They need proof.  Feel free to throw all the sh_t I talk right back in my face once McBeane proves me wrong.

There is some proof now but you don't seem to notice.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like they could use a vet QB more than another rookie tbh. They have 3 QBs with a total of like 7 nfl starts. 

It would make the team slightly better but there is no reason for it. The best idea for the team is to keep two active QBs on the roster, AJ and Allen. If you add a vet you have to keep three active and now you have to decide between three QBs who is your starter. 

4 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

You're tough. AJ has yet to take a snap as a Bi!l and already he is classified as a "bad Bills QB". Ouch.

Just an attempt at humor. I have no idea if he will be good or bad. I do like how he’s handled himself, seems like a good guy and teammate. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

You're asking the wrong people. Try these guys:

http://buffalonews.com/section/sports/bills/latest-bills/

Thanks for the link but this must be some kind of joke. There’s a message at the bottom of my phone that says I can only view 9 more stories for free. Are they saying I have to actually pay for more articles after those 9? This is unacceptable. 

• Haha (+1) 1