Russ Brandon - Leaving Role as President of Bills & Sabres due to workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’m not going to comment too much on the subject but figured I’d say my piece. I like Russ. I’ve always liked Russ. He gave his heart and soul to that organization and OFTEN took misguided bullets without complaint. He didn’t mind being the fall guy as long as the franchise was in a good place. He was a good and loyal solider that was incredibly gifted as a sports executive. His reputation around sports is strong.

On a personal level, I like Russ. He was always good to me. He could chop it up with Fortune 500 CEO’s as well as the janitorial staff. Everyone liked Russ and he was a great leader.

With that being said this was always going to be his eventual downfall. There are many a story that I’m not going to disclose that we’re pretty serious. This isn’t the first time that he came under fire for something like this. I actually think that the first time was much worse. In this climate though you just can’t be doing that. This will likely get uglier before it gets prettier. I’d expect that Stormy Daniels approach to roll through at some ppint. Hopefully for everyone though they move on and nobody is hurt further.

-KJ

I was just thinking about this myself, hope to hell he/it just goes away. The whole scandal is not going to help anyone.

1 hour ago, fridge said:

Okay okay okay... the infidelity/workplace misconduct, fine. I'm sorry to hear that, and I'm glad he's gone.

But...is anyone else super excited to find out more about the other "job-related issues that were uncovered"? What wild speculation should we run with there? Meddling with the franchises beyond the scope of marketing? Internal threats? Financial shadiness? General snake-like behavior?

The mole?

1 hour ago, LabattBlue said:

Huh?  He could have done nothing but slept in his office from 8-5 every day, and the team still would be profitable.  Its not like he reinvented the wheel.

Reminds me of Paul Ryan. He sleeps in his office every night/day, and the government is still corrupt. 

Edited by drf1835

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

People can hate on Brandon all they want but there's something to be said about a guy who can consistently sell out Bills games while in the midst of a 17-year playoff drought and most seasons playing meaningless games by December. Obviously he should have never been put in a GM role but that was Ralph Wilson's decision. He's also responsible for developing training camp at St. John Fisher which is typically referred to one of the nicest and most fan-interactive camps in the league by those that visit it.

I guess call me a heartless bast**d but I think there'd be more to say if he focused more managerial attention on ending the drought, instead of on PR-coup moves to the detriment of the football organization

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Damn!  Kim is going to be in the role of president on a permanent basis. Didn't expect that. 

I'm not shocked that is being reported for the Bills.  For the Sabres... I honestly don't think she understands enough about the sport to be the franchise President.  It's the same complaint I had about Brandon.  Hopefully they have a well delineated hierarchy to handle everything.

Just now, fridge said:

I'm not shocked that is being reported for the Bills.  For the Sabres... I honestly don't think she understands enough about the sport to be the franchise President.  It's the same complaint I had about Brandon.  Hopefully they have a well delineated hierarchy to handle everything.

No way Kim is the real president for very long.  Either it will be a figurehead type position, or she'll give way to someone who knows what they are doing.  She just has no credentials for doing something like that whatsoever.

I know she's the boss/pays the bills (or at least her husband does) but the point stands.

4 minutes ago, horned dogs said:

I was just thinking about this myself, hope to hell he/it just goes away. The whole scandal is not going to help anyone.

You can expect a lawsuit (don’t think from him). The irony is his brother is the Bills counsel (or at least was). He will probably have to recuse himself if he is still there.

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Every now and then it's just fun to sit back and watch these threads. All kinds of reinforcement of what you already thought you knew.

Intriguing! 

Tells us more.

Just now, Fadingpain said:

No way Kim is the real president for very long.  Either it will be a figurehead type position, or she'll give way to someone who knows what they are doing.  She just has no credentials for doing something like that whatsoever.

I know she's the boss/pays the bills (or at least her husband does) but the point stands.

They literally just announced it's a permanent position.

1 minute ago, fridge said:

What are her day-to-day responsibilities? Managing two pro teams requires a lot more knowledge than just football/hockey smarts, and I thought I read that Terry was taking over sports operations.

Frankly, I have no reason to doubt that Kim Pegula is not up to the task, especially considering her predecessors weren't exactly setting the world on fire.

2 hours ago, Reed83HOF said:

¶ ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. (AP) _ A person with direct knowledge of the decision tells The Associated Press that Buffalo Bills and Sabres president Russ Brandon is leaving his post in a major shake-up made by the teams' owners, Terry and Kim Pegula.

Edit:

http://buffalonews.com/2018/05/01/russ-brandon-resigns-from-bills-sabres-after-internal-investigation/

Russ Brandon has resigned as managing partner and president of the Pegula sports empire.

Kim Pegula has taken over as president.

The move comes after Pegula Sports and Entertainment conducted an internal investigation into Brandon's workplace behavior and allegations of personal misconduct, two sources told The Buffalo News.

Kim Pegula on Friday informed Brandon an internal investigation was being conducted. Two sources with knowledge of the investigation said it was triggered by allegations of inappropriate relationships with female employees.

When confronted by Kim Pegula, the sources said, Brandon denied any such relationships, but the investigation indicated he was deceitful about that and other job-related issues that were uncovered.

Wow,  love how he tells Buffalo News that is planned on leaving after 20 years.  The guy dicks around with the hired help and then tells Kim he did nothing,  yes Russ was the magic koolaid man.  Every season he would do something to sell the fans a garbage product,  remember Russ was the clown that wanted Doug Whaley.  

14 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Judging from this thread I'm the only person in Buffalo that hasn't been hit on by Russ Brandon.

Does that hurt you deep in your soul? You may have cause for civil action!  :)