Did Beane know Chargers wanted Edmunds at 17?

3 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I know Beane dislikes leaks I cannot seem him not using information if he had it hence reason giving up two picks to Tampa.

Looked but not see any obvious connections to Chargers staff but possibly Bucs said something to him he believed.

Interesting... so you’re saying Beane not only traded the picks for their first rounder, but for also inside info on other teams wants?

7 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

I know Beane dislikes leaks I cannot seem him not using information if he had it hence reason giving up two picks to Tampa.

Looked but not see any obvious connections to Chargers staff but possibly Bucs said something to him he believed.

Our WR coach from last year is there now. That’s all I can think of with connections with this regime. 

Idk. Could just be GMs thinking the same thing. A top ten prospect was still on the board ; that jumps out at you when you're picking in the teens. Probably just really good timing because he wasn't going to be there long. 

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Idk. Could just be GMs thinking the same thing. A top ten prospect was still on the board ; that jumps out at you when you're picking in the teens. Probably just really good timing because he wasn't going to be there long. 

And both teams were very LB needy

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And both teams were very LB needy

The Bills ran a bunch mock drafts and defended their picks as if they were the team's GM. They know every team's needs going in so they can jump in front of anyone looking for the same player. IIRC we jumped ahead of Carolina last year to draft Jones.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Murica said:

Beane playing 4-D chess... 

Lol. There is only one person in the country smart enough to be playing multi-demonsional chess and Beane is not him...

Edited by Carter
  • Thank you (+1) 1