Did Beane know Chargers wanted Edmunds at 17?

40 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think they may have 

It is possible,  I didn't mean to imply that the Chargers din't want him at 19.  I was wondering IF the Bills specifically knew the Chargers wanted  him @ 17.  

I'm hearing a lot of good about Tremaine,  so my "guess" is that many teams would have had an interest.  Beane made the better move.  

Sweet revenge for the beat down 1/2 year ago.  :D

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

2 reports ...  does that mean 2 different people tweeted the same story (who's insider was one person?)  

Again Beat you to the punch LAC  :nana:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They also got a 7th in return so it was 22 and a 3rd for Edmunds and Proehl. Don’t see the need to have Edmunds be inducted into the HOF for it to be a good move. 

I think they  got back a 5th for this trade...

The 7th came back from Tampa Bay...

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, BillsVet said:

I don't think McBeane are going to be out-worked in draft prep by any other team.

This stands in stark contrast to the previous GMs and personnel types like Whaley, Nix, and Modrak.

Firstly  Nix and Modrak are from a different era...they were GM/AGM a decade ago.  It is not apples to apples comparison with Beane.

Whaley came from the Steelers organization who are known to be methodical and detailed oriented...They have the same pedigree as you think Beane and team have.   The problem I think is that Whaley was disconnected with the HC because the HC's were not his choice...He was working under the Owners orders...That is tough to overcome.

This is why I love the, we "over paid" rhetoric.

As fans we really dont know how teams value these kids and how teams feel they need to maneuver in order to obtain them.

I am not trying to understate some of the work those in the media do. However, again, fans hinge way to much on their takes and opinions with little knowledge of how teams look at these players.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nice. I mixed that up. Who did we take with the 5th we got from the Ravens?

Neal.

Wyatt was what we got for Marcel from the Jax trade... really hope that one works out as I think we sold a bit cheap on that one..

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Neal.

Wyatt was what we got for Marcel from the Jax trade... really hope that one works out as I think we sold a bit cheap on that one..

They got what they could for him. 

3 hours ago, ganesh said:

Firstly  Nix and Modrak are from a different era...they were GM/AGM a decade ago.  It is not apples to apples comparison with Beane.

Whaley came from the Steelers organization who are known to be methodical and detailed oriented...They have the same pedigree as you think Beane and team have.   The problem I think is that Whaley was disconnected with the HC because the HC's were not his choice...He was working under the Owners orders...That is tough to overcome.

Modrak was fired in 2011 and Nix left in 2013...hardly a decade ago. 

OBD has not been in front of league trends for years now and I read this article to mean that McDermott was putting in the time and Whaley was, well, not so much:

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2017/04/30/buffalo-bills-dysfunction-doug-whaley-fired-after-draft-sean-mcdemott-terry-kim-pegula

"On the flip side, coaches felt Whaley and his staff weren’t doing enough to find players to fit the schemes they wanted to run, and that they brought in too many guys who were damaged goods (like 2016 first-round pick Shaq Lawson)."