Where would you rank the bills tallent wise [Not a QB thread]

Where do you rank the bills tallent 1-10  

35 members have voted

1. 1. 1-10 10 Being great tallent and 1 being horrible where would you rank our tallent

[Note to all

So.. Lets take the Rookies out of the equation because we do not know where they will end up.

Keep QB conversation out of this topic please.]

So. How much more talent does this team need talent wise other then the QB position.

I still think we are hurting at the following positions

*RB (this is a future thing because of McCoy's age)

Guard. I think in FA or next years draft we really have to hammer this position.

DE I think this is another position of need in future drafts.

OLB. we have one good player here but who is on the other side this year?

*S. Again this is future because I doubt we can keep both FS and S after this year.

so G, DE and OLB are instant concerns. Thoughts?

also with poll do not take QB in consideration! thanks.

I'm the pessimist who said 3.  I think we have the worst WR and worst OL situation in the league, given there's nothing proven at QB we are near the bottom there, we are VERY inexperienced at LB and McD relies heavily on the position in his scheme and I'm not convinced we have anyone on the DL who is going to dictate blocking schemes.

• Like (+1) 1

Mediocre/unproven roster with an excellent secondary and running back.

O-line, front seven and WR a huge ?

not to mention QB..

not to mention offensive scheme. 

I think its just just too hard to tell until they hit the field 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

PT101, thanks for not starting another thread about why we did or didn't get the wrong QB in the draft!  (Yikes, I'm usually a patient man but I'm getting tired of people thinking their opinion on the Allen pick needs a new thread).  

I was debating 4 or 5 and decided to let the optimist in me win out and voted 5. 

We have a lot of JAGs who could maybe start on other teams but few stars.

2 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

I'm the pessimist who said 3.  I think we have the worst WR and worst OL situation in the league, given there's nothing proven at QB we are near the bottom there, we are VERY inexperienced at LB and McD relies heavily on the position in his scheme and I'm not convinced we have anyone on the DL who is going to dictate blocking schemes.

I'm the optimist (as usual) who went with 7. The offensive talent is certainly meh right now (although our RBs pull us out of the gutter, and Dawkins is strong, Benjamin and the TEs have talent and if Logan Thomas ever comes together), but I truly believe we are rolling very deep on defense. The 26th ranking was very misleading as they were dominant in more games than they were bad, but in that three-game stretch, everything was near-historically bad, and that tanked our defensive ratings.

26 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

[Note to all

So.. Lets take the Rookies out of the equation because we do not know where they will end up.

Keep QB conversation out of this topic please.]

So. How much more talent does this team need talent wise other then the QB position.

I still think we are hurting at the following positions

*RB (this is a future thing because of McCoy's age)

Guard. I think in FA or next years draft we really have to hammer this position.

DE I think this is another position of need in future drafts.

OLB. we have one good player here but who is on the other side this year?

*S. Again this is future because I doubt we can keep both FS and S after this year.

so G, DE and OLB are instant concerns. Thoughts?

also with poll do not take QB in consideration! thanks.

PrimeTime, no offense (ha!) but that's pretty hard to rank with taking the rookies out of the equation.

Every team has talent holes due to salary cap sacrifices and FA, and tries to boost the talent through the draft, and if you leave out FA and QB its kind of "dismal city"

14 minutes ago, thurst44 said:

I'm the optimist (as usual) who went with 7. The offensive talent is certainly meh right now (although our RBs pull us out of the gutter, and Dawkins is strong, Benjamin and the TEs have talent and if Logan Thomas ever comes together), but I truly believe we are rolling very deep on defense. The 26th ranking was very misleading as they were dominant in more games than they were bad, but in that three-game stretch, everything was near-historically bad, and that tanked our defensive ratings.

Outside of White, I think the defense truly was an example of the "sum is better than the parts".  There's just not all that much individual talent that jumps off the page at you, but when they all play together it's a strong bunch.

On offense, god forbid if Shady got hurt we would have no prayer.

The biggest thing, I think we have buy in on "the process" across the roster.  Guys give it their all and believe in what's happening.  That goes a long way towards overcoming talent deficiencies.  But this team has lost a ton of individual talent since McBeane arrived, the problem was that talent played like individuals.

• Like (+1) 1

i think we were a 7 or 6 last year, but losing E Wood, Incognito, and Tyrod i think we downgrade to 5 heading into the season.  D slightly above average, O slightly below.  O ex-Shady is bottom quartile in the league  

On the tyrod point, im not saying McCaron doesnt have more upside, and wont be better than tyrod at some point during this season, but he at this point hasnt started any games and TT has won many, so lets not hijack the threat w TT partisanship...

Edited by Bill Murray

Amongst the worst in the league at OL, WR, QB, LB. There isn't one position we are loaded although our DL and DB are pretty solid as far as starters go but we lack depth. I agree though that especially on D, the sum is great than the parts. Barring a lot of injuries, if Edmunds is decent, we should have a pretty good defense. 

I rated them a 5 and I am thinking that might even be pushing it right now. HUGE question mark with the offense in general but especially OL and WR's. The defensive line is average, LB is a ?. Right now the only positives we have are RB  and our defensive backfield. McD seems to have the knack of coaching players up so hopefully he can do that again this year. I hope who ever is the starting QB is as mobile as TT was. 

I went with a 7.

Our defense is probably an 8 in terms of talent.  The DL as a whole is now very talented and deep, we have two young stud linebackers and the secondary has 3 studs and whatever Vontae Davis turns out to be.

Our offense, a 5.5 because one of one the best players in the league is on it.  The O side is tough, we don't really know what we have until an actual QB takes the field with them.

Edited by SCBills

I picked 6 - meaning we can make a wildcard playoff birth with some good luck and some great coaching ---- like last year.

If a few rookies and free agents step up and are solid starters we can move to 7, wont know until week 10 if that is true. 

4 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

PrimeTime, no offense (ha!) but that's pretty hard to rank with taking the rookies out of the equation.

Every team has talent holes due to salary cap sacrifices and FA, and tries to boost the talent through the draft, and if you leave out FA and QB its kind of "dismal city"

Lol I agree and that's why it makes it interesting because we can tank where they are at in hopes that players turn out. example if we have them ranked 6 now imagine if QB pans out asap. that's whole point.. without making it about the QB :D

I am actually amazed at how far apart the votes really are!