Mel Kiper's 2018 NFL draft grades (Bills #1)

papazoid

We know Josh Allen (pick 7) needs development as a player with great traits but lacking polish out of Wyoming, but development is a given for any QB. The addition of Tremaine Edmunds (16) means that the Bills managed to get two of my top 11 players in this draft class, and Edmunds is likely to help right away. The useful immediate help and long-range upside wasn't limited to Round 1, either. Harrison Phillips (96) is an interior disruptor who can jump into the mix in Week 1.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/23346039/nfl-draft-grades-mel-kiper-all-32-teams-picks-2018

15 minutes ago, SF Bills Fan said:

This analysis makes me feel more worried.

This analysis makes me feel more worried.

Not me the guy studies this for a whole year that’s all he does. He works Monday through Friday it’s his full time job. No one knows for sure how it will work out ?️‍♀️. But based on his reports and knowledge of these draft picks he rated the Bills the best. Several other draft experts have the Bills at the top or near the top. So yes I am proud of Beane and the Bills. Most people who are not were Rosen fans and there not excited about Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ClemsonBills said:

Kipers blessing is no better than a poster from TBD

Yeah, cause we all have the GM's phone numbers on our Rolodexes, and we all spend ten or twelve hours a day watching film.

He's smart, he's informed and he's connected. 

Does that mean he's going to be right? No, of course not. There's no way to predict the future in such a complex area. But he's worth reading and discussing.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm no fan of Kipers, but more based off of his style and personality not his judgement on talent. He has made a very nice living for himself doing this every year. I'd rather have his endorsement than not. The draft is over. Beanie did good. Allen is our franchise QB. Before this week we didn't have one, now we do. Either get on the bus, trust the process, or get off. Either way stop whining...Go Bills!  

• Like (+1) 1

It cracks me up when he rattles off statistics for a single game played by a guy taken in the 7th round.  The guy is a college football encyclopedia (the name of the book version for those only familiar with Wikepedia).

6 minutes ago, Bills Fan of Maryland said:

Either get on the bus, trust the process, or get off. Either way stop whining...Go Bills!  

Far too many over sensitive posters here defending QB Josh Allen.  You guys are all over the place.  When you see that happening, you know there's a problem at QB.

I just pray that these people are right for once.

Otherwise, praise is the same as criticism........ means nothing til these kids get on the field.

Zay Jones was the only one who underwhelmed as a rookie amongst the draft in 2017, so who knows.

The Sirius NFL guys gushed about the Bills draft. Which means nothing also.

If the Bills get their franchise QB on offense AND defense from this draft, every Bills fan will be building a King Ghodora statue of the heads of McDermtt, Beane and Pegula right outside their houses. 

This is just the opinion of a 'draft expert' and his assessment of the team's picks is more or less determined by looking at who they picked against his personal rankings.  You pick a lot of players he ranked high you get a high grade.  You pick players he ranked low you get a low grade.  Take it for what its worth.  But I recall many times the Bills drafts have been rated poor and there'd be lots of protests about 'what do they know'.  And looking back most of those drafts were very bad.  Last year most said the Bills did well and I think that was correct looking back at last season.  So for me personally, if Mel gives us a 'A' for once in my lifetime I'll take it and be happy.  Top this off with the Sabres actually winning the draft lottery and we could look back on this weekend as the turning point for Buffalo's major league franchises. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills

6 hours ago, papazoid said:

We know Josh Allen (pick 7) needs development as a player with great traits but lacking polish out of Wyoming, but development is a given for any QB. The addition of Tremaine Edmunds (16) means that the Bills managed to get two of my top 11 players in this draft class, and Edmunds is likely to help right away. The useful immediate help and long-range upside wasn't limited to Round 1, either. Harrison Phillips (96) is an interior disruptor who can jump into the mix in Week 1.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2018/insider/story/_/id/23346039/nfl-draft-grades-mel-kiper-all-32-teams-picks-2018

Like we have always said, Mel is brilliant!