Day 3 of draft rounds 4-7 let’s talk

I have a basic policy: I never get upset over day 3 picks. Why? Because I've never seen most of these kids play. I only know what draft guides and analysts tell me, and those are obviously wrong a lot and very limited compared to the knowledge and access that pro scouts have.

That being said, from what I'm reading about the Bills' day 3 picks, I am cautiously optimistic. Johnson should be CB4 immediately and contribute on special teams, with the upside to become a starting nickel. He absolutely DOMINATED in college. Neal should be a big nickel (S/LB) hybrid for us and could see immediate playing time in 3-safety sub-package looks. He will also contribute on special teams. Wyatt Teller seems like a beast and I expect him to be a starting guard sooner than later. At the very least, he'll be excellent depth. Ray Ray McCloud will immediately factor into the punt return competition and could have some usefulness as a gadget player.

Depth, special teams and sub package contributions, and potential long term starting capability. Not much more you can ask for from day 3 of the draft.

• Like (+1) 1

who knows but I liked Crosby inside more than out so Teller is fine.  It sounds like Johnson is a perfect scheme fit.  Having a jack of all trade db isn't bad and Ray Ray will be their punter return at worst.  Tate seemed to be out of gas last season.   At the end of the day I don't think they at anytime this offseason they found Value at Wide Receiver.  I suspect agents will view the Bills as a good place to send their udfa so we will be what becomes of that 

14 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

What he did with the now DC of the Panthers getting Worley and Bradberry with the other kid the same year and bringing them right up to not miss Josh Norman was impressive

Yup, it's the one thing I know McDermott can spot and coach up. Look at the turnaround in the Bills secondary last year.

19 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The CB's who can play, are over 6' and can run sub 4.5, are more than likely not hanging around 4th round and later.

There were some big OT that we passed  on , I have no idea if our picks are better. I will trust the scouting dept not me.

22 minutes ago, Captain Murica said:

It seems lots of Cheater players hate the Cheaters these days

Screw it go get Simmie Cobbs. Lance Zeurlein was talking about Ray-Ray converting to DB.  Who knows, but if that's the case then this team didn't really address WR at all.

Whoa Tegray Scales is still available?  What? Nevermind, pick him.

Edited by Hurricane Marv

35 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have a basic policy: I never get upset over day 3 picks. Why? Because I've never seen most of these kids play. I only know what draft guides and analysts tell me, and those are obviously wrong a lot and very limited compared to the knowledge and access that pro scouts have.

That being said, from what I'm reading about the Bills' day 3 picks, I am cautiously optimistic. Johnson should be CB4 immediately and contribute on special teams, with the upside to become a starting nickel. He absolutely DOMINATED in college. Neal should be a big nickel (S/LB) hybrid for us and could see immediate playing time in 3-safety sub-package looks. He will also contribute on special teams. Wyatt Teller seems like a beast and I expect him to be a starting guard sooner than later. At the very least, he'll be excellent depth. Ray Ray McCloud will immediately factor into the punt return competition and could have some usefulness as a gadget player.

Depth, special teams and sub package contributions, and potential long term starting capability. Not much more you can ask for from day 3 of the draft.

Post of the day.