Irresponsible to trade away so many picks?

We have a ton of holes on this team and were going into Day 2 with only 1 late pick? 

It's really mind boggling. I think it would've made much more sense to trade DOWN at 22 and pick up more draft picks.

Does this regime even now what the hell they're doing? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

We have a ton of holes on this team and were going into Day 2 with only 1 late pick? 

It's really mind boggling. I think it would've made much more sense to trade DOWN at 22 and pick up more draft picks.

Yes

• Like (+1) 2

They got in their minds a franchise QB for only 2 second round picks, and swapped draft picks with Ravens to get one of the best  LBS in the draft.

How could you possibly be mad at that strategy? Regardless if you wanted rosen or allen. 

I thought for sure they would have to give up AT LEAST 2 first rounders to get their QB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

You win with stars not warm bodies. The Bills potentially got a franchise QB and an All-Pro LB. That is way more important than fringe starters.

Allen wasn’t my guy. However, if someone that the Bills would come out with a top 4 QB and a consensus top 10 player, without giving up anything in 2019, I probably would have kissed them.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

I really don't think so.   But if their goal was to simply make a big splash, then mission accomplished.

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

They got in their minds a franchise QB for only 2 second round picks, and swapped draft picks with Ravens to get one of the best  LBS in the draft.

How could you possibly be mad at that strategy? Regardless if you wanted rosen or allen. 

I thought for sure they would have to give up AT LEAST 2 first rounders to get their QB

Let's be real Allen probably would've been there at 12. (especially after the tweets as no team wants to deal with that).

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Clearly there were two distinct points of view before the draft.. and my sense of it was that they were pretty evenly held overall.  Anyway... now we know how it turned out.  They didn't save their picks to fix multiple roster holes (sorry Mr Beane but you do have some)... they went after a potential franchise quarterback... and got one.  Time to put all the arguing to bed now... onward and upward... hopefully.

Just now, Klaista2k said:

Let's be real Allen probably would've been there at 12. (especially after the tweets as no team wants to deal with that).

No sense risking it. In 15 years if Allen turns out to be big ben and has a hall of fame career, are you actually going to care that the Bills traded 2 second round picks to get him?

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

The word is that he likely would not have.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Well they certainly aren't as smart as you are!

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Klaista2k said:

Simple question for you. Were you a SB Contender with those added picks? 

What your coaches did was trade up for a QB they feel can be the leader of the franchise for the next decade and they didn’t give up much to do it. 

They also traded up for a player they feel is better than on e they felt be at pick 22. As for late picks, while you can get some good players, most talent there can be found in a good UDFA class. For an example the Pats usually always have one UDFA make the team every year andhad a SB hero who was just that the very SAME Year.   

Also they could trade down today and aquire more late round picks so stop worrying..trust the process and give it some time, remember they just broke the playoff drought in year one!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1