Did the Bills REALLY get their guy?

Scorp83

1 hour ago, ElMarko said:

The Bills had to outbid Arizona for pick 7. Regardless of how you feel about Allen (I’m on the fence) at least know the facts. Neither Josh would have been avail past pick 10. Plain and simple. 

...read something about it being the deal McBeane offered Denver and it was all set.....allegedly, they backed out when Chubb was still there.........

All of these arm chair general managers really crack me up.  The actual GM gets nothing more than a few short minutes to make the deal and pull the trigger.  There is zero "I'll get back to you in an hour", and zero waiting to see who other people pick or trade.  You make the decision and make your move.  While I have no opinion about a quarterback from Wyoming who I've never seen play one down of major college football....I am going to trust that the people at OBD that have seen him, and loved what they saw.

Go Bills

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Giants were, by all accounts, willing to deal for a haul.  If Darnold was their guy, they would've made the move (imo). 

I heard the opposite. As soon as Barkley fell, Gettleman said "don't take any calls for two".

45 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I'm not so sure. The Dolphins could have moved up one lousy pick and gotten Rosen...but they didn't.

Maybe they tried. Never know. Maybe they tried to move up higher as well.

You don't hear about failed trades usually. Only successful ones.

2 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

Did the Bills REALLY get their guy? Or did they panic? 

I believed they panic! I believe they're guy was Darnold...then given the fact that they met with Mayfield about 4 times... i feel like they panic once Mayfield went 1st overall. The Giants probably told them no...Our guy is there, then the Jets...who really screwed us since the trade...take Darnold! Now people want to praise Beane for patients...Please! He was trying to trade with the Browns, The Broncos & the Colts...problem was...all those teams couldn't pass on the players that fell to them.

It's obvious that they had Allen over Rosen (Which is concerning imo) & it's just NO WAY they can tell me Allen is a better prospect then Rosen. How far apart were Allen & Rosen? I felt like they could hve sat there at 12 once "Their Guy" went off the board. When you watch Allen play...its just no way they can say... "He was our guy"

They panic... just like the other regime did with JP Losman. 

Thoughts? 

Many scouts and analysts stated Allen had the highest potential of all of the QBs.  It's been known for a while that he has been regarded as a project but one that could turn into a home run.  Why should we be disappointed with the pick?  If I'm going to trade up, why not grab the guy with the higher potential?

22 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Many scouts and analysts stated Allen had the highest potential of all of the QBs.  It's been known for a while that he has been regarded as a project but one that could turn into a home run.  Why should we be disappointed with the pick?  If I'm going to trade up, why not grab the guy with the higher potential?

The questions are, and this are serious questions: who is teaching Allen?  He’s not sitting behind Tom Brady. He’s sitting behind AJ McCarron.. and do we have a coach on staff that can develop a QB??  

Now that it’s done, these are are my two HUGE concerns with the Allen pick.

3 hours ago, ElMarko said:

The Bills had to outbid Arizona for pick 7. Regardless of how you feel about Allen (I’m on the fence) at least know the facts. Neither Josh would have been avail past pick 10. Plain and simple. 

& that wouldn't have been a bad thing. 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

Giants were, by all accounts, willing to deal for a haul.  If Darnold was their guy, they would've made the move (imo). 

Not true... they valued Barkely over the haul... it's obviously 

I definitely understand that people didn't want Josh Allen to be the pick. I even respect thier opinions. I won't try to discredit thier opinions because they might be right about him. 

I'm just saying that people are going to get annoying with this Josh Allen topic. 

I think that for what the Bills were realistically willing to pay, they got the guy that was available to them when the rubber hit the road.  ;)

Tim-

3 minutes ago, Lfod said:

I definitely understand that people didn't want Josh Allen to be the pick. I even respect thier opinions. I won't try to discredit thier opinions because they might be right about him. 

I'm just saying that people are going to get annoying with this Josh Allen topic. 

It was bound to happen no matter who we got, and no matter what we ended up paying for him.  That is the life of a Bills Message board member.  ;)

Tim-

3 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

The questions are, and this are serious questions: who is teaching Allen?  He’s not sitting behind Tom Brady. He’s sitting behind AJ McCarron.. and do we have a coach on staff that can develop a QB??  

Now that it’s done, these are are my two HUGE concerns with the Allen pick.

They feel confident in the coaching staff.  I will root for this kid while he progresses instead of starting an argument over every incomplete pass he has this upcoming year.