None of the 5 QB's taken in the 1st round will start this year.

D521646

Seriously, does anyone believe that any of these guys, barring injury will win the day one starting job this year?  I sure as hell don't.

Which begs the question:  Why were 5 QB's taken in the first round.. LOL

Tim-

2 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Seriously, does anyone believe that any of these guys, barring injury will win the day one starting job this year?  I sure as hell don't.

Tim-

I think they'll need to earn the job in training camp, but IMO it's very likely that Darnold and Rosen start, and that Mayfield comes in partway through the season (possibly after Hue Jackson gets fired)

Allen may start partway through the season, but if so it will possibly be because McCarron is struggling and the coaches are desperate, not because he's ready :(

But I'd like to be surprised

I can't name one, but I would imagine at least two of them will start at least some games this year. 

If AJ wins the job but sucks, I expect we would see Allen for the last few games.

Same deal with Darnold or Mayfield if their teams get eliminated from the playoffs.

I believe one, possibly two will. The rest will wait varying amounts of time depending on their development, team needs and record. It's no surprise that they were drafted this year, in round one because that's the round you need to take a QB if you want one. They are highly sought after commodities. Next years draft looks to be thin at QB, and this is not lost on GMs. 

Nothing about the McCarron signing screamed "that's our guy" IMO.  I think all 5 are going to have a chance to win jobs early.  Every year it's "Wentz is going to sit behind Daniel" or "Winston is going to sit behind Glennon" or "Watson and Trubinsky are going to sit all year".  Then teams either realize in the preseason or quickly into the season the rookie QB is the best chance to win and the change is made.

Darnold has to beat out veterans BW, and McGowen, I doubt it.  Mayfield will have to beat out the already anointed, TT in Cleveland, not happenin.  Allen, surprisingly might be the only one of the lot that has a chance, but even this I doubt.  AJ has been second fiddle to Dalton for 4 years, he ain't giving it up easily.

Tim-

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think they'll need to earn the job in training camp, but IMO it's very likely that Darnold and Rosen start, and that Mayfield comes in partway through the season (possibly after Hue Jackson gets fired)

Allen may start partway through the season, but if so it will possibly be because McCarron is struggling and the coaches are desperate, not because he's ready :(

But I'd like to be surprised

I mean, yeah it's possible, but we all know that TT will win them games, and their roster is no joke on paper.  If Hue Jackson continues to lose withy that roster, yeah, Hue IS the problem.  :)

Tim-

6 minutes ago, Teddy KGB said:

Mayfield by week 4 

Darnold by week 10 

Rosen as soon as Bradford gets hurt 

Allen is the wildcard 

If I am understanding you correctly you said,  "Rosen by week 2"?

@Gavin in Va Beach

Nuts...just saw yours.  good one.  everyone, please ignore mine above and move on.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Just now, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Maybe Darnold. Everyone else, no way

-Bradford probably won't make it through preseason without getting hurt for the season, so Rosen probably will start based on that alone lol

-Darnold most likely will be groomed by McCown, and they will throw Teddy to the wolves until he's ready.

-Mayfield and Tyrod are making about the same $$ I think, but I'm sure they will bring him in slowly.

-Every report I've seen has Allen "competing for a starting job" but I think that's not a testament to the lack of confidence people have in AJ vs confidence in Allen to be ready.

-Jackson might start at wr for them day one, jkjk.

I think Darnold has the least chance of starting only because of the other two on the roster.

8 minutes ago, D521646 said:

Tim-

Starting day one has nothing to do with when they were taken in the case of a QB.

Many high QBs don't start day one, or at least they shouldn't, since it's the biggest learning curve of any position when moving from college to NFL