Watch Trent Dilfer & John Brenkus on Allen & You Won't Feel as Bad

On 4/18/2018 at 9:18 PM, 26CornerBlitz said:
SOUL & SCIENCE
Josh Allen's arm strength has become famous leading up to the 2018 draft. Just how fast is his throw? Trent Dilfer and John Brenkus clock his fastest throws and test his speed in the first installment of Soul & Science.

• Like (+1) 2

I think it just shows how much Allen needs to sit on the bench for a year. He was in JUCO and then Wyoming for two years... didn’t go to any type of passing camps. Never focused solely on football in high school (played basketball & baseball as well). 

The talent is there. He just has to become more refined. 

Also, it’s not like he’s dumb. From what has been said he’s been great on the white board as well. 

I think he just needs from coaching for a year or two. 

Edited by Dkollidas
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I honestly dont care about the arm strength......I care if Allen can throw it where the WR can make a play on it and is he WILLING to throw it

because the kid has all the tools

Just now, Dkollidas said:

I think it just shows how much Allen needs to sit on the bench for a year. He was in JUCO and then Wyoming for two years... didn’t go to any type of passing camps. Never focused solely on football in high school (played basketball & baseball as well). 

In my mind there is no doubt this is a Mahommes situation......Josh Allen needs to hold a clipboard for a year no doubt

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I honestly dont care about the arm strength......I care if Allen can throw it where the WR can make a play on it and is he WILLING to throw it

because the kid has all the tools

In my mind there is no doubt this is a Mahommes situation......Josh Allen needs to hold a clipboard for a year no doubt

Agreed. 

The thing about Allen is we have never seen a prospect like him before, which makes him very difficult to evaluate. 

His arm talent is unbelievable, I can't even believe he threw 72mph. Darnold was around 52mph on the same program. 

I am definitely for giving him a redshirt year though. All the talent is there but he slowly needs to learn how to process the game better. 

18 minutes ago, zevo said:

Well he was the only one to hit the crossbar

His accuracy is actually really good on his first read. What happens is it goes down when the pocket breaks down and he get sloppy with his footwork. I think this could be correctable. I think the biggest question for him is can he process the game and find the correct WR to throw to in the NFL.

Edited by billspro
  • Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

The talent is there. He just has to become more refined. 

Also, it’s not like he’s dumb. From what has been said he’s been great on the white board as well. 

37 on the wonderlick  as well

Feel from what Jordan Palmer said, and these guys that Allen has the highest ceiling than any of the other QB’s in this years draft.

my concern is the Bills need the perfect mentor for him.  I trust McCarron knows his place as the bridge QB and will I his job.  Just wish the Bills had the perfect QB coach to get him to that next step.  Can’t wait for preseason to see what this kid looks like!