Lamar Jackson says he had zero meetings with Bills

12 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Exactly, Ben Rothlsberger is the dinosaur model. DeShaun Watson is the next evolution of the modern NFL QB.

Are you sure it isn’t Carson Wentz or Goff?

Cam Newton says this next revolution stuff is bull ****. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It has never been as dominant as it is now. That’s the point and the injuries are a huge concern. Teams haven’t figured out a balance yet with the mobile QBs.

There are very few designed runs in the NFL. 75% of Jackson’s rushing yards were on designed runs. He isn’t a tuck and go runner. He was asked to throw OR run. He didn’t often take off and run on passing plays.

Let go to Young. All RPO concepts career cut short 

Rodgers RPO and started staying in pocket due to INJ. 

NFL teams invest 130M in their QBs. You think they want them running around like freaking RBs. It is NEVER going to change. 

Get me an accurate, quick decision, on time passer with elite processing speed any day and he will win more superbowls than the next going to revolutionize QB play in the NFL because of his legs guy

Now you want the REAL evolution of the game are RPOs that involve the RB. ie pass play and run play called in huddle. Final play picked by your intellegent QB on the line based on Box advantage. At no point you expose your 130M man to Major Hits and they keep at all time their QB protections 

Edited by MAJBobby

16 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

When was the RPO popular prior to this? It is basically a college concept that is just starting (and working) in the NFL. We don’t know if it is here to stay or not. So far though Wentz, Foles, Alex Smith, Watson, etc... are running LOTS. Teams are certainly going to incorporate those concepts until they get stopped. That’s part of the appeal of the explosive QB running it. If they pull it down and take off it adds another dimension. It’s tough to defend.

Ironically, the Bills has one of the ideal players to use those concepts and never did!! Thanks Dennison!

Not too long ago, but I do believe a lot of Seattle's offense when Wilson first got drafted was RPO. Initially it was RPO after the snap in play design with high-low concepts that matched rollouts and half field reads. More recently that has transitioned to a pre-snap RPO read based on alignment.

The former is what Tyrod thought we were moving towards last offseason so he studied a ton of RW film.

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Belichick wants a DeShaun Watson clone because that's the new era of NFL football. Rudolph is too slow at both running and passing to be a starting QB in todays NFL. Belichick is much too smart to try to hold on to the old ways of NFL football.

yeah sure, running QB that can't throw and is a slow learner certainly is not the future of the NFL, knowing Belichick he's looking to make the guy a WR/RB/KR

51 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Belichick wants a DeShaun Watson clone because that's the new era of NFL football. Rudolph is too slow at both running and passing to be a starting QB in todays NFL. Belichick is much too smart to try to hold on to the old ways of NFL football.

...then why dump Brissett so quickly?......Colts allegedly have denied trade inquiries for the kid............

35 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

Exactly, Ben Rothlsberger is the dinosaur model. DeShaun Watson is the next evolution of the modern NFL QB.

So we need to draft a QB bench him to start the year then play him until he gets hurt.....sounds like a bad plan. Mart Ryan > Mike Vick.

1 hour ago, T-Bomb said:

This player seems really stupid, sure hope they don't pick him.

I really did not want to say this, but I have been thinking this since I heard his interview on the Sirius NFL Channel from the combine. 

About 0 meetings with the Bills. About 0 scored on the Wonderlic.

3 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Sandbag job of the year.  I bet they are on the phone till #12 pick coming very close to trading up.  More smoke.  Might even trade down 3 spots to get another 2nd round pick.  Bam. Take Lamar at 15.  

And then we all cry and kiss the next decade of Bills football goodbye.

3 or 4 years to find out Jackson is a bust, 1 or 2 years with a bridge QB until we can get in place to draft an elite QB again, 3 or 4 years developing another QB ...

6 minutes ago, TC in St. Louis said:

Sandbag job of the year.  I bet they are on the phone till #12 pick coming very close to trading up.  More smoke.  Might even trade down 3 spots to get another 2nd round pick.  Bam. Take Lamar at 15.  

This^^^^

Reports today said that Beane has a QB he likes at the top of the draft that they're willing to trade up for. That sounds like phony info since there was no need to divulge that kind of information. I think they want to keep their picks and draft Jackson.

Just now, 1billsfan said:

This^^^^

Reports today said that Beane has a QB he likes at the top of the draft that they're willing to trade up for. That sounds like phony info since there was no need to divulge that kind of information. I think they want to keep their picks and draft Jackson.

They are not taking Jackson jesus 

• Like (+1) 1

Erhardt - Perkins is a pro offense which means that Jackson can and does throw from the pocket. The mystery of this off season is why Allen is touted as a #1 and Jackson is an afterthought. I have yet to see a throw that Allen can make that Jackson can't. I will be ecstatic if we draft Jackson

10 hours ago, NewEraBills said:

What's crazy is he said he met with the Bills at the Combine.  Those words came out of his mouth LOL at the Combine

Exactly. Beane even said they met with ALL the and at the combine and or senior bowl. Soooooo you met with Logan Woodside and not Lamar Jackson.... Got it.

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

Erhardt - Perkins is a pro offense which means that Jackson can and does throw from the pocket. The mystery of this off season is why Allen is touted as a #1 and Jackson is an afterthought. I have yet to see a throw that Allen can make that Jackson can't. I will be ecstatic if we draft Jackson

This says a lot. Allen makes throws that no one else in this class can make, it’s the consistency that people worry about. Allen is a much better thrower than Lamar while on the run.